Deleted
    http://kotaku.com/#!5796504/blizzard...craft-patch-42
    "It's an extended effort to make the loot really feel like it fits the bosses," Stockton told me. "It's something were trying to do more often." Coordinating loot drops cosmetically with bosses increases development time, the gear creators having to wait for the boss designs before they can get started. "We don't always get a chance to do that."

This time around they have, however, resulting in some sexy Ragnaros-styled armor, a new non-legendary version of his mace, Sulfuros, and a druid staff that drops off one of raid's other bosses that transforms the wielder into a molten cat.
    : O

I already expected that "[T12] Set bonus will be firelands themed too and may resemble certain boss abilities" line to hint at a fire cat proc, but

that staff needs Class: Druid
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I knew it all along!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I already expected that "[T12] Set bonus will be firelands themed too and may resemble certain boss abilities" line to hint at a fire cat proc, but

that staff needs Class: Druid
    If it isn't, I will be sad.

LOOK!!!

Oh my god that is so awesome, I'm so glad I'm almost done leveling my druid!

15+ Year Old Account
    As the gm of my guild I may have to reserve the 1st piece of loot ever in 4 years. The blazekitten staff! Though it sounds too good to be true...it will probably have spellpower on it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    As the gm of my guild I may have to reserve the 1st piece of loot ever in 4 years. The blazekitten staff! Though it sounds too good to be true...it will probably have spellpower on it.
    naw, it will be a staff that has a use effect that turns it into two daggers.

Because rogues can use staves :P sorry, just had to smartass about it
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Dont get too excited about that staff though.. It was said that it would turn the player into one of Fandral Staghelms feral forms. That might aswell be a statless staff with an on-use effect, that everybody can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwair View Post
    It was said that it would turn the player into one of Fandral Staghelms feral forms.
    Not one, all of them.

That might aswell be a statless staff with an on-use effect, that everybody can use.
    No.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if they address Feral dps issues any more...FIRECAT RAWR PEWPEW

swipe buff is really fun. heroic maloriak has gone from being annoying to enjoyable, i manged to be #3 on dps above all our destro locks.we actually have a dps strength now which is burst aoe dmg.

we still need a buff to our single target dps. dks as frost are doing noticible more dmg than they used to and fury warriors have received a small net buff too i think.
    our dps ranking has gone up since 4.1 http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor.../7/30/default/ but its pretty much all due to maloriak fight

I would just like a confirmation that mastery is still > crit > haste > hit/exp. I want to try feral, I have no gear, no experience and am really confused
    Another feral in my guild told me that mastery isn't that powerful since the nerf in (I think) 4.0.6 and I should go for haste instead. I really just want a confirmation that the original post is up to date and I should follow what it says. Thank you (ps: players in my guild are known for going after their 'feeling' rather than what is evidently the best, that's why I ask :S)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Yes, Mastery is still the best secondary stat. The gap between it and the rest was simply reduced, but it's still there.
    And then crit vs. haste depends on your current stats so you can consider they are roughly equal if you're in the 359 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein View Post
    Yes, Mastery is still the best secondary stat. The gap between it and the rest was simply reduced, but it's still there.
    And then crit vs. haste depends on your current stats so you can consider they are roughly equal if you're in the 359 range.
    Thank you for clarification...even though I'm more in the 330 range
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So...Swipe now hits like a freight train. After running many heroics im finding that 3 or more mobs = aoe. Anyone else checked on this?

and is it usefull to morph in bear, enrage(CD) swipe and trash, and remorph cat?

Without even looking at the numbers, I doubt it. A good raid spec only has 1/3 Furor - going bear for a few seconds, even when you were at 0 energy, you'd lose out on way too much energy gained.

of course you have to be full energy when you came back to cat, so 3/3 furor

infected wound not taken on malo HM, we do not want to slow the vial.
    so only 1 pts lose on nurturing instinct
    and of course 2 point for the decast.
    Last edited by nevakee716; 2011-05-02 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    I would like to challenge the consensus that 100% rip uptime is desirable. Specifically I am talking about if you are using the glyph of TF, if you only use rip every time you have the TF bonus your downtime will not be long, although RNG seems to have an impact on just how much since there are times I've had my TF boosted rip last until TF comes off cd, and other where its been off for up to 4 seconds. Now, before I just kept 100% rip uptime, only boosting rip with TF when it was convinient but another feral told me to start doing this so all my rips would be TF boosted and I have experienced a dps increase and wondered if someone else has tested this.

Deleted
    Fairly sure any supposed gain in having all your Rips affected by TF is lost due to lower Rip uptime. Assuming 22sec (16 + 6) Rips with 27sec TF, you get ~81% uptime with Rip during that 27sec period. Hence you're losing 19% damage from cutting Rip uptime for 15% damage gained on each Rip. Sadly, it doesn't add up as positive. It's more likely that you will see numbers that should be pretty close to having 100% Rip uptime (well, more like ~95%) and never using TF to buff Rip. I am stupidly tired and the math is crude, but I do believe my point is at least in the right direction.

The RNG you mention is related to the time you use Rip after popping TF. The cd on TF starts running the moment you use it, but the buff lasts for 6 seconds. If you use Rip right at the last moment you might see a situation where your TF comes off cd just as Rip finishes or is about to do so. Still, keep in mind that cats usually run with very low hit and exp, so if you end up missing that late Rip you just lost the whole damage bonus. Also, this is one of the reasons why my math in the above paragraph is not accurate. It's more like the worst case scenario of sorts (instant Rip when TF comes up, maximum delay between Rips due to remaining TF cd).

Personally I just ask myself a question whenever TF is about to come off cd - is the remaining duration on Rip is short enough for it to be a gain to clip it with a TF'd Rip? Same goes for Rake as well.