Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Haste or Mastery 10-man

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/agurk/simple

So, im raiding 10 mans, and I have been going back and forth if I should go for the 2005 haste breakpoint, or should stick with my 9.50% haste + 3% lock buff to get 12.50% and have a lot more mastery.
    When I heal 10 mans I mostly HoT heal with Revj, WG and efflorence , not so much HT and RG (If the tank is not taking shitloads of dmg, or a dps).

So, should I stay at my currently haste value, or get more?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that efflor also goes off the 2005 haste break point it's pretty much mandatory (if you can get the gear) on all levels of raiding. Spreadhseets have shows that even with a huge int loss (well over 300) you will still see a throughput increase by getting 2005, and that was before the efflor change.

Cool

I used http://www.reforgemaster.com/ to calculate reforging for your gear and no matter what I tried, even with regemming, I could not reach 2005. You can try completely regemming for haste, but that would be a completely stupid thing for me to suggest. So right now, you are better off regemming/reforging to reach other haste caps. Note, The site does not let you calculate Regemming automatically, so I used some napkin math, I could be wrong. If you do gem for pure haste, that cap may be reachable.

Here is the direct link to your character:
    http://www.reforgemaster.com/?charac...FromArmory=Yes

My "stupid" suggestion nevertheless, like Myarrar above suggested, if you can regem some int to get to 2005, go for it, your mana pool is excessive, I am sure you can spare some.
    By just reforging, I was able to arrive at ~1882 haste easily. The remaining ~125 Haste could be obtained form a few haste + int or pure haste gems.

Note: the site uses different ceilings to calculate reforging so don't expect exact results. On my character I used it to get to 917 haste as calculated, ended up with 922 haste ingame. Not a big difference, but can be if you are looking for just 1 or 2 extra points.

Edit:
    After some more napkin math, you will be able to reach the MAGIC cap of 2005 with the following:
    1. REGEM:
    Code:
    a) +40int on shoulders to +20INT +20 Haste    Lose 20 int in the process,         gain 20 haste
    b) Blue socket of Legs to +20INT+20 Haste     lose  20 int                        gain 20 haste
    c) Boots - regem to 20 int+20 haste           lose  20 int                        gain 20 + 10 (socket bonus) haste
    d) Relic - Pure Hase gem +40 haste            lose 40 int                         gain 40 haste
    2. REFORGE:
    Code:
    a) Reforge CRIT to HASTE on : Neck/Legs/Relic/Security Measure Alpha         211 CRIT>Haste
    b) Reforge MASTERY to HASTE on: Back/Off Hand/Twined Band of Flowers         223 Mastery>Haste

With these changes you should be over the 2005 Haste cap by about 3-4 points.
    I may be mistaken, but you may have to go for another +20 haste + 20 Int somewhere. I am sorry if my math is all wrong, but I am running out of napkins :P

Edit: some more edits for clarity.
    Last edited by talkaboom; 2011-05-02 at 06:14 AM.

damn! Thanks both of you

Haste is pretty important, but you can probably gear for it by exchanging spirit rather than int. Example: Instead of taking Spirit/X ring and reforging X to haste, take the Crit/Haste rings. Currently, you have spirit neck/relic/2rings and reforge into haste. I would instead recommend getting haste neck/relic/2rings and reforge into spirit (from the nonhaste stat).

Mastery is nice but it's for either tank healing or slowly healing up the raid. Getting the 2005 haste mark will make your Wild Growth amazing so you don't need so many Rejuvs. Without the haste mark your Wild Growth will be about 1 tick worse than the 2005-haste WG, and you will need to rely on buffed Rejuvs and Efflo to heal the raid. Considering that the quickest way to lose mana besides Regrowth spam is Rejuv spam, this will also strain your mana a lot more if you need to toss out 2-3 extra Rejuv every AoE healing rotation.

Ye, but the 2005 haste mark is with 5% haste buff right?

And, I could probably reforge some of the spirit into haste, and some of the mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery is good for hots too, not just slow healing the raid. After you hit the haste breakpoint you want to be all mastery besides whatever spi you need. Your hots are effected by mastery too, and at higher lvls of gear spamming RJ isn't a mana pool breaker.

And yes, 2005 is with the 5% from a boom/sham/spriest.

You do not want to trade spi/X rings for haste/crit. Reforging is only 40% of a stat. In general, having haste/spi or mastery is going to be best. If you don't need anymore haste, having mastery/spi is going to be best. You want the least amount of crit on gear you can get, even considering reforging.

Deleted
    Mastery Its brilliant and very noticable in 10 mans
    25 mans i'd go for haste more :P

Quote Originally Posted by Flaminrifts View Post
    Mastery Its brilliant and very noticable in 10 mans
    25 mans i'd go for haste more :P
    Ye, I think so too.. And im not sure if I should get all that haste because we dont always got the 5% buff /lame

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkles View Post
    Ye, I think so too.. And im not sure if I should get all that haste because we dont always got the 5% buff /lame
    On the fights where you don't get the 5% any haste over the lower breakpoint will be wasted.

That being said, the breakpoint is still by far the most important thing to get, well over mastery, in 10s and 25s, regs and HMs.

2360,332845 haste is needed with only the DI buff right? Cause I got that. Shoot me if I am wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    You need 21.4329%. DI gives you 3%. So just add 3% to whatever % you have. Tang used to have the only DI numbers on his spreadsheet but they're gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    You need 21.4329%. DI gives you 3%. So just add 3% to whatever % you have. Tang used to have the only DI numbers on his spreadsheet but they're gone now.
    Haste is multiplicative, so no, adding 3% to your character sheet haste is wrong. You'd want to multiply your character sheet haste (1.xx, with xx being your unbuffed haste) by 1.03. If you know you'll also have the 5% raid haste buff from boomkin/spriests, you'd multiply 1.xx*1.03*1.05.

2005 haste should be the #1 goal of any raiding resto druid. You should reforge crit and mastery to haste wherever possible, and even use 346 haste gear over 359 crit/mastery gear in 1-2 slots if it means you reach 2005. As morsetlis said, you can often take crit/haste gear instead of spirit gear, especially off the VP quartermaster.

Ya I removed it so as not to take too much space on the blog post. Since there's still interest in it I've juts restored it but it will only be visible on the full spreadsheet and not in the blog post. Also added numbers for DI+NG+5%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangedyn View Post
    Ya I removed it so as not to take too much space on the blog post. Since there's still interest in it I've juts restored it but it will only be visible on the full spreadsheet and not in the blog post. Also added numbers for DI+NG+5%
    You are amazing =]

You have the numbers now op, just make sure you open the actual spreadsheet.

Very nice. Thanks.

I take massive dumps on other healers and I have almost exactly 916 haste and stacked mastery otherwise. My personal healing style is to take advantage of mastery and I'm frequently healing tanks. YMMV. My style works for me. I don't think there is any one best path. I think there are at least two paths that will shine given adherence to your personal mindset.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 2005 haste breakpoint will still give you more throughput, as long as you are healing correctly(aka using hots and not just direct healing). Using mastery correctly is fine and all and you should be using it anyway, but haste is still a better itemized and better throughput stat overall. No matter how you heal.

I *can* heal using no hots. I *can* heal with no spi on any gear. It doesn't mean it's the correct or best way to do it.

In the end, no, the haste breakpoint isn't one of those things that is optional if you want to get the most out of your druid. No matter what your mindset is, the haste breakpoint will massively increase your healing.

The 2005 haste breakpoint will still give you more throughput, as long as you are healing correctly(aka using hots and not just direct healing). Using mastery correctly is fine and all and you should be using it anyway, but haste is still a better itemized and better throughput stat overall.

I *can* heal using no hots. I *can* heal with no spi on any gear. It doesn't mean it's the correct or best way to do it.
    I don't see how one weak WG tick can match, or even come close to, the extra healing my mastery generates on the rejuv i put on the person I just wild growthed, which is basically everyone that WG hit, which is usually everyone that needed healing. I exclusively heal 10 mans.