Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    Is it like Boub's hammer?

OT: I'm starting to get impatient for news on the beta of GW2. I really want to just get a chance to try it out.
    I'd expect beta near the end of the year. A little before the holidays. I've heard some things from some interesting birds. However, I've also heard that it's still up for debate whether or not they will have an open beta (so far I think they are leaning towards keeping it closed).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I was actually wondering this today (since my GW1 account probably got hacked for the first time in 5½ years today).
    The reason why they don't do that is this:

And I really hope they change that part for GW2.
    I drilled a GM about it and he basically just apologized and was like "At this time it's just not possible" which is kinda retarded because all my HoM stuff is still being accounted for.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

An anniversary release would be like having your birthday on December 24th. It sounds good but ends up lame as you end up with less presents overall
    Do you guys recommend getting my feet wet in guild wars 1? They have the trilogy pack for $20. Its tempting but I'm trying to enjoy my down time from mmos as well. Are the games that similar that if I like one I'll like the other? Guild wars 2 seems to be getting a lot more attention than guild wars 1 got. I know I was intrigued back then but never really checked it out to a great extent. This one I don't want to lie as caught my attention for the graphics and also the fact that I am not engulfed in a mmo currently so I have time to drool at stuff.

Don't get the Trilogy pack.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great game 5 or so years ago, but there are some things they never implemented / fixed with the game that will simply infuriate you to no end and make you wish you hadn't bought it in the first place.

I only recommend buying it if you know you have friends who will play it with you for the duration of the campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Would you mind elaborating on that because I have been playing all these years and I'm not aware of those things!
    inb4 Jumping.

lol kidding...

what irks me is how badly they nerfed SF....

Thread fell to bottom of page so I thought I had to post.
    I just watched this video it was from gamescon and probably not anything most people didn't know but I learned a bit. It explained the persistent but not permanent world events. Sounded like basically if you fail an event instead of redoing the event or having to miss out on the experience. A new world event than occurs based on that failed outcome and you get a new way to be able to succeed where first you failed. Seeing the video and the events in person and the example just allowed me to understand it a lot better even though you guys told me about that.
    btw I just wanted to say thanks for answering what might be dumb questions I just stumbled upon guildwars2guru.com and was looking up info and their forums some people are not so nice to new people with questions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    With the constant bashing on anyone with a different opinion, it puts people off because your community is no different or worse than any Activision game community (CoD, WoW). That's enough for me not to buy the game even though I'm highly anticipating this next-gen MMO
    While there have indeed been a few people who've been sniping at people who bring up their complaints about GW2, a lot of complaints have also been responded to in a polite manner. I know I've been trying to clear up any misconceptions people might have (someone thinking GW1 had tank henchmen, for instance) and I try to be reasonable. Please don't judge the entire pre-game community by a few rotten apples. If you want more GW2 discussion, the GW2Guru forums are a good place to start. Those should give you a far better view of what the GW2 community is like rather than a bunch of angry people on a WoW forum
    Last edited by mmoc30dab84857; 2011-05-02 at 09:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way GW database works means it's not possible for them to change stuff in it, it's also not possible for the GM's to spawn items like in WoW. The only thing they can do if there is some major problem is to make a roll-back which involves everyone (that has happened a couple of times when there were some exploits). I assume HoM data is kept in a separate database.
    I get that now, it was just lack of forethought on the developer's part, a bothersome lack of forethough. But hey, I get to farm imps and skales outside of LA on my Sin now. That's (not really) a plus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Druxray View Post
    Thread fell to bottom of page so I thought I had to post.
    I just watched this video it was from gamescon and probably not anything most people didn't know but I learned a bit. It explained the persistent but not permanent world events. Sounded like basically if you fail an event instead of redoing the event or having to miss out on the experience. A new world event than occurs based on that failed outcome and you get a new way to be able to succeed where first you failed. Seeing the video and the events in person and the example just allowed me to understand it a lot better even though you guys told me about that.
    btw I just wanted to say thanks for answering what might be dumb questions I just stumbled upon guildwars2guru.com and was looking up info and their forums some people are not so nice to new people with questions.
    Don't worry about the guildwars2guru friendliness, it's just like every forum, had its good and bad people there. Overall it's a better community than any other game forum I've seen. Though I did get some stick when I first joined, and people actually pulled forum rank on determining how good you were at GW1 or lore or life.

I hope the community will be more friendly. Back when I played daoc then when I started wow I thought people were nice. I made so many friends out questing or on the zep. I looked at a hunter on the zep in STV who had the oddest set of gear. Cloth,leather,mail, greens, whites, greys so I think I first offered him some gold and wanted to know if he knew about gear itemization. He told me he got hacked. I gave him some gold and wished him the best of luck. He then gave me a TCG code for a epic tabard. Similar type of random encounter when I was levying a druid who was a LW. I whispered another druid who didn't have that great of gear and offered to make it some gear. Started chatting with her then a few powerlevel sessions later from a few of her max level toons she became my best friend in the game for years. I'm just really hoping for a laid back and friendly community who doesn't think "why is this person talking to me.What do they want. Not another noob" sorta thing.Back when I started MMOs weren't that big back then so it was sorta niche and I think people felt more connected with other mmo gamers because it wasn't huge yet. I know I had a lot of respect for players of other mmos especially the ones I thought seemed really archaic like UO. Now its almost the opposite if I hear someone plays dota, Lol, HoN, WoW, I don't bring up that I play too because just playing those games doesnt seem to mean there is any bond and I don't really enjoy those communities.

Anyone going to E3 by chance? I don't know when guild wars 2 will come out but I think if its still in a similar state come this fall I'll be going to PAX in Seattle and hopefully if the game isnt out by then there will be the demo to play there.

ArenaNet doesn't go to E3

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    ArenaNet doesn't go to E3
    lame. Here is some warrior greatsword footage RAWR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaziO...el_video_title

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you go into a fan-thread to post your different opinion anyway?
    And you're exactly who I'm pointing to with my previous statement.

And you're exactly who I'm pointing to with my previous statement on why I love this thread and am thankful for all the help and shared knowledge of everyone here about this exciting game I can not wait to play
    fixd?

Developer Q&A from Gamespy

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/guild-wars-2/1165160p1.html

I've been reading the wiki today, really seems like they're trying to make it good.

Looking forward to buying and playing it when it comes out. /cross fingers for beta invite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you do everyone a favor and stop making off-topic comments in this thread.
    Or you could do everyone the favor of ending your fanboyism

Or you could do everyone the favor of ending your fanboyism
    Please stop. Take your handbags and finish it in PMs. This thread isn't the place for it.

For every close-minded person trashing this topic, I plan to buy another copy of the CE.

No lie, I plan to buy a few copies of the collector's edition. I think this is going to be one of those games where the CE will be worth something down the line. If not, worse-comes-to-worse, I break even. :P

Note: Yes, people buy collectors editions on eBay for more than they originally retailed for. Don't even start.
    Last edited by DeanyKong; 2011-05-02 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    For every close-minded person trashing this topic, I plan to buy another copy of the CE.

No lie, I plan to buy a few copies of the collector's edition. I think this is going to be one of those games where the CE will be worth something down the line. If not, worse-comes-to-worse, I break even. :P
    buy shares in arena.net ;..;

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    buy shares in arena.net ;..;
    That's an even better idea. I might.