Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't there some amount of crit suppression on bosses? Or was that removed at some point?

Deleted
    Kuni, your taunt advice was an ingenious one! No matter when the tank taunts (Mirrors active), he inherits my threat. I let taunt the tank at the peak of my burst (around 15 seconds after the pull) and he takes over around 1 million threat. At this point, no one is able (even our fury can´t get over) to pass the tank.

Thank you very much! This makes it way easier for my guild and me.
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2011-05-05 at 05:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    Isn't there some amount of crit suppression on bosses? Or was that removed at some point?
    The suppression is 2%.
    BfA Beta Time

Downloaded a patch this morning that claimed the targeting reticule bug has been fixed. I hope so, it's really annoying to stand there thinking I'm channeling blizzard..or wondering where my 2 FoF are from freeze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FYSthunderskeet View Post
    Downloaded a patch this morning that claimed the targeting reticule bug has been fixed. I hope so, it's really annoying to stand there thinking I'm channeling blizzard..or wondering where my 2 FoF are from freeze.
    Oh that would be phenomenal. I hope you aren't kidding or that the fix doesn't work because I'm very bored at work and will be spending the next several hours happier and looking forward to heading home to a targeting fix ... I don't want to log in and have my hopes crushed.

Deleted
    Well, I think with the latest changes (FFO procs BF) a Frost Mage should going for full 33.34% crit cap. Just an example:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/s55xv...?s=1578&e=1843

45.2% FB
    15.6% 25x IL
    15.4% 25x FFB
    15.3% 10x DP

This little change values Crit and Mastery higher than post FFO fix.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    The suppression is 2%.
    After or before shatter s applied?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    After or before shatter s applied?
    Ummm, it's applied to the crit chance you have on the target, so before shatter for FrB, after shatter for IL/DF/FFB.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Crit and mastery? .. Crit and haste say hiiiii >>>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicmagelol View Post
    Crit and mastery? .. Crit and haste say hiiiii >>>
    He said it changed the values of crit and mastery, not that those should be the focus. Or were you just looking for another excuse to link your logs?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kuni, your taunt advice was an ingenious one! No matter when the tank taunts (Mirrors active), he inherits my threat. I let taunt the tank at the peak of my burst (around 15 seconds after the pull) and he takes over around 1 million threat. At this point, no one is able (even our fury can´t get over) to pass the tank.

Thank you very much! This makes it way easier for my guild and me.
    Perfect! I wasn't sure if it was still working, but now that it is I'll have to get my tanks to do such as well.

The suppression is 2%.
    I'd still like a source with proof, but fair enough. I'll start posting 34% as shatter cap.

Oh please tell me this is true. I would love for that bug to go away.

I'll look into alternative gearing sets to see if this works out. If not, we might just have to wait for T12, where we lose our 2p bonus and will likely have to cap them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    Oh that would be phenomenal. I hope you aren't kidding or that the fix doesn't work because I'm very bored at work and will be spending the next several hours happier and looking forward to heading home to a targeting fix ... I don't want to log in and have my hopes crushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Oh please tell me this is true. I would love for that bug to go away.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2732043
    "The targeting reticule should no longer disappear when players cast spells."

Logged on and checked it out. Flickers a bit (not sure if it did that before) but doesn't disappear. Looks like it has been fixed

15+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2732043
    "The targeting reticule should no longer disappear when players cast spells."

Logged on and checked it out. Flickers a bit (not sure if it did that before) but doesn't disappear. Looks like it has been fixed
    Day = made. Thanks. I was getting really pissed off with that bug, sometimes it would even invoke the GCD and not allow me to pull the targeting circle back up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    I'd still like a source with proof, but fair enough. I'll start posting 34% as shatter cap.
    The closest I can get you is the Fire and Frost threads on EJ where they calculated the crit suppression to be 2-2.5%. If you want confirmation from Blizzard...that i cannot give.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    The closest I can get you is the Fire and Frost threads on EJ where they calculated the crit suppression to be 2-2.5%. If you want confirmation from Blizzard...that i cannot give.
    Yeah, I've seen those too. It was the variation in the number which was bugging me because it's a pain to sit there at exactly 33.34% and redo the test I did earlier but to a margin of error that a half a percent would show up. I'll just start throwing 34% to account for 2%.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish my PTR character screen didn't bug the crap out since now my installer is bugging the crap out, but I'll do some tests on there to see whether or not it is in fact 2%...when I get this shit running.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd personally enjoy actually being able to download or copy characters to PTR. I keep getting an error screen. Been this way since Cata beta for me. I've thrown up a topic on customer support but...

15+ Year Old Account
    I was getting that so I just uninstalled my client. Currently installing a 9.6 gig patch. Off to do laundry, work out, and have a social life. Brb.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    He said it changed the values of crit and mastery, not that those should be the focus. Or were you just looking for another excuse to link your logs?
    Yeah actually let me link updates to all the ranks that im in .. 1 sec

Deleted
    @ Epicmagelol

Your logs just proved my opinion a little bit more. I personally think the stats priority looks like follows:

Int > Hit > Crit to 33.34% > Haste/Mastery

I can't understand the whole suppression discussion. Every thing starts with a 1200 Int pot and additional 1.8% Crit for 25 seconds. There are more intellect procs like Power Torrent, Lightweave Embroidery DMC:Volcano (procs around every 30 second with 1600 Int) Bell of Enraging Resonance etc.

I can´t remember missing a single crit with 33.34%.