... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool $55 Says You Can't Eat This

I give you the Eagle's Deli Challenge:

Eagles
    Deli and Restaurant
    1918 Beacon St. Brighton MA, 02135
    617-731-3232

The Challenge: Eat a 5-pound burger, which includes 5 pounds of hamburger, 2 pounds of bacon and cheese, 5 pounds of fries, and a giant pickle.

Made For: 1 Person

Price Tag: $55

Time Limit:
    60 Minutes (1 Hour).

The Rules: You must complete the burger, fries and pickle within the alloted time. No potty breaks allowed, the Challenge is Eat-In only (obviously). If you vomit at any time during the challenge you automatically fail (duh). Free refills on drinks during the challenge. For the sake of formalities, if you finish the challenge in the last 10 minutes there will be a 5-minute waiting period before victory is declared.

Prize for Finishing: Your money back + $100, a T-Shirt and (of course) bragging rights.

Win/Loss Ratio: 1500+ Wins, 0 Defeats. Undefeated Challenge.

Famous Challengers:
    Adam Richman (Man v. Food), David Blaine (Magician), Joey Chestnut (MLE) and Crazy Legs Conti (MLE) among others.

...I got all that off of a fan page dedicated to the restaurant. I dropped by Eagles Deli last weekend hoping to see someone attempting it but it appears folks have resigned themselves to it simply being unbeatable. A damned shame since the EDC is one of the few food challenges that remains undefeated by MLE. By the way, MLE stands for Major League Eating. Most of you know about the Annual Hot Dog Easting Contest in New York every 4th of July.

Anywho, some of the staff said they recently applied to work at the restaurant in the hopes of seeing someone beat it. The owner of the store is getting older and according to legend, if no one beats the challenge before he dies he has it written into his will tbe EDC will be retired as undefeated. According to the picures I've seen it definitely IS doable. It's 10 patties stacked on top of each other topped with cheese and bacon. I usually eat a burger or two when I dine there. The fries they give you are about a third of what you see pictured. I clean my plate in 7 minutes on average.

Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself: I told the cashier over the weekend "The next time I visit, I'm going to end the streak."

What makes me think I'll do better? For one, I can't vomit. I had an operation as a kid that made that impossible. The gag reflex works but nothing ever comes up. Second, I eat big. As I said just now I clear their traditional-sized burgers and fries in under 10 minutes. Doing the math, I've concluded I can finish the entire challenge in under 30 minutes and here's how I broke it down:

10 Patties + Bacon and Cheese: 1 Patty consumed in 45 Seconds, 45 x 10 = 14 minutes, 50 seconds.

Fries: Handful (10 fries) consumed in 10 seconds, 10 handfuls (100 fries) per minute, fries cleared in 10 minutes

Pickle: Consumed in 2 minutes.

Now here's exactly how I plan to do it in order--

1. Start by breaking the burger apart and spread 8 of them across the fries. Dump a cup of ketchup on the fries + burger patties to help soften the fries + burger patties.

2. Eat the remaining Patties + Cheese and Bacon plus any excess cheese that ran off the other patties with the bun.

3. Eat the pickle (duh).

4. Eat the remaing 8 Patties Caveman style.

5. Eat the fries with a fork.

6. Checkmate ^_^

What about you? Think you can do it?
    Last edited by Aurabolt; 2011-05-06 at 10:20 PM.

That looks extremely disgusting and fattening.

10+ Year Old Account
    You ever see the movie "Cool Hand Luke", when my man ate 50 eggs? Good luck...

"History does not allow freedom to be defended by the weak and the timid." -- Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1953

that sounds seriously sick, no offense to anyone... But it seems even worst than WoW addiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're an all-star and I hope you win!

I may not be able to finish it within the allotted time... But I'd sure as hell try. *drools*

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I dont believe my stomach is half the size of that monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I give you the Eagle's Deli Challenge:
    <snip>
    What about you? Think you can do it?
    put cheese sauce all over the fries and i could do it. the burger is another story....
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-05-06 at 08:50 PM.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Hell no but good luck and come back telling us if you did it!

This challenge has never been completed. I don't think it's humanly possible. That amount of food is roughly the equivalent of 1.5-2 babies.

The OP will fail miserably.

that burger makes me hungry. if adam richman cant do it then no one can :P if you think you can eat it then go for it. good luck if you're trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ummm

I doubt you could do it, but you can try I guess. You'll be sick as hell.

If it were just the burger I'd say you have a shot. But putting in that many fries is ridiculous. But hey, 55 bucks for one giant meal and not having the urge to eat anything for the next few weeks isn't all that bad, deal-wise.
    Sell the Vatican, Feed the World

I can't do it, but that's because of the sheer volume of food there compared to what my stomach can hold. It's good you have a positive attitude on doing it, but don't ignore the variable of space. You might be able to eat a burger quickly, but eating faster isn't going to make it become digested and move OUT of your stomach just as quickly. It might be hard to fit it all in there without tremendous pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    have fun with your cancer if you eat that shit
    cancer? maybe if it was full of tobacco too
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

I think the gallon and cinnamon challenge at the same time is more feasible than this lol.

That would be delicious for the first 25 bites then start start to get nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    have fun with your cancer if you eat that shit

Cus fast food causes cancer huh

Wheres my pickle?