Page 1 of 103
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Music] J-Pop - K-pop

So, what groups do you listen to? What would you recommend?

I'll start with So Nyuh Shi Dae (snsd) new single in Japan (they are Korean)

had to replace a broken link, this is only the dance version)
    They finally re-uploaded the MV

Last edited by mmoce107d4ab3d; 2012-04-03 at 07:14 PM.

I don't follow jpop/kpop but I became obsessed with Utada Hikaru when kingdom hearts was released. Her new music is pretty good too

Deleted
    Haha what a coincidence, I'm listening to Mr. Taxi at the moment!
    Gotta say SNSD is awsum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nature Living is one of the best bands I ever heard, even with their terrible singer. =P
    Back On is very good too.

EDIT: How the heck did I forget to mention Siam Shade?! They are soooooo good!!!!

EDIT: these band are not pop, now I saw the thread's name XD. Pop... hmmm... I like that guy... Daichi something. He has a song called Delete my Memory, if I recall correctly. And Kylee, I think she's japanese =).
    Last edited by Hraklea; 2011-06-06 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Sorry if I go off-track a little but I decided to give that video a try (OP) and I don't mind it although I'm not a big fan of pop, it is a little catchy.

Anyway, I was wondering when I was watching that video, whether that band is really that large (9 people I think) because I was also wondering how the hell a band that large manage to create their songs and lyrics?
    It's just that when I was living with a family with 2 brothers that ran a 4-man band (metal band), it was largely a group effort working with the lyrics/drums/guitar/bass, understandably trying to mesh all that into a song was time consuming and a matter of trial and error (also opinion/music taste of each individual).
    So you can see why I'm confused as to how a large band like that manage with creating songs (I haven't got a lot of expertise with how pop songs are actually created), obviously my first thought would be that they would just hire a songwriter and someone to come up with the tunes.

Wow that s a great song !

Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    So, what groups do you listen to? What would you recommend?

I'll start with So Nyuh Shi Dae (snsd) new single in Japan (they are Korean)
    This one is not so bad, usually japanese versions of SNSD albums are rather bad (or even complete garbage), I prefer korean ones.

If you like SNSD, have a look at **운***걸* (Brown Eyed Girls) and a few of ** (Sori) !
    That said, SNSD's video-clips are, by far, the best :'D

I'm personally more into japanese electro, with a little exception for pop groups like Tôkyô Jihen / Shiina Ringo and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotai View Post
    Sorry if I go off-track a little but I decided to give that video a try (OP) and I don't mind it although I'm not a big fan of pop, it is a little catchy.

Anyway, I was wondering when I was watching that video, whether that band is really that large (9 people I think) because I was also wondering how the hell a band that large manage to create their songs and lyrics?
    It's just that when I was living with a family with 2 brothers that ran a 4-man band (metal band), it was largely a group effort working with the lyrics/drums/guitar/bass, understandably trying to mesh all that into a song was time consuming and a matter of trial and error (also opinion/music taste of each individual).
    So you can see why I'm confused as to how a large band like that manage with creating songs (I haven't got a lot of expertise with how pop songs are actually created), obviously my first thought would be that they would just hire a songwriter and someone to come up with the tunes.
    These kind of groups are commercial products.
    The girls, songs, music, clothes, dance, video-clips, everything is designed specifically as a product. That's how pop music works in Asia (I know, we have similar things in Europe and the US, but just not in the same proportions), it began in Japan around the 55-60's and while other countries like Korea and China emerged, they developed a variant of the same system. SNSD-like groups are pure commercial products.
    Last edited by Eled.; 2011-06-08 at 10:33 AM.

♥♥♥ °C-ute, Every Little Thing, Pucchi Moni, Kusumi Koharu

I think I could name ~20 more but I suck at remembering names and got no iTunes at work

[Music] Is kpop addictive?

Seriously, is kpop addictive? I came across this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7mPq...feature=relmfu even though i hate pop music, I love this, it's so... adorable xDDDD
    Inception is nothing but 2 different states of interception.
    -Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. So is J-pop.

Hah, the first song that came to my mind when I read the thread title was the same song you linked and I just had to listen it xD
    I don't normally listen to pop music either, but somehow I can't help liking that song, it just kicks ass so hard...
    (\__/)
    ( ='.'=)
    ('.') ('.')
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh snap! I have that song...lol

Lol you discovered SNSD? Welcome to four years ago....................also I thought I was the only non-korean who had watched this.
    I liek fysix

personaly i like this song but, i perfer the metal version much better but thats just me,
    here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS8201txzIs

have a listen and see what u think

It's Girls' Generation. Of course it's addictive.

No, no it's not, it's bad if you're asking me, which you are so yes, it's not, it's bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA7fdSkp8ds&ob=av2n

Wonder Girls are quite addicting too. (Actual song starts around 2:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlHv3BbBv6A (another WG song, "Tell Me" - the dance for which has been in several games lately such as Dragon Nest)
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2011-08-19 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're basically the equivalent of our Lady GaGas and Ke$has and Katie Parry's. Catchy beats.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I don't understand the language .. Chinese, Korean? They could be saying stuff you really disagree with, unless you have the translated lyrics.

Sounds like something being played backwards.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-08-23 at 04:26 AM.

Deleted
    I'm embaressed to admit this but yes, yes, yes. I listened to Gee Gee on repeat a while back and also Nobody by the Wonder Girls.

What makes this funny is the fact that I listen to Experimental Rock, Post-Hardcore, Indie-Rock, Punk, Screamo, Underground Rap and Gangsta Rap. But still I love this! I guess I'm weird in that sense since I even like old sega/nintendo video game music.

Just don't tell my m8s at the gym that I listen to K-Pop xD