Quote Originally Posted by hankitg View Post
    I fucking love you. Seriously. The Riftwar Cycle needs to be made into a fucking TV show NOW! >.<

OT: GoT is amazing, 4th Ep soon <3 Gotta love Sean Bean too, connsumate professional. Plus he looks pimp in furs.
    Never heard of the riftwar cycle, but im guessing it's good and worth a read? I am useless at finding books i only ever pick things up on recommendations. I read song of ice and fire after i spoke to a woman reading it on a train journey, i was intrigued by the pic of the dragon on the front and asked about it, so glad i did ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Never heard of the riftwar cycle, but im guessing it's good and worth a read? I am useless at finding books i only ever pick things up on recommendations. I read song of ice and fire after i spoke to a woman reading it on a train journey, i was intrigued by the pic of the dragon on the front and asked about it, so glad i did ^^
    George R R Martin (Game of THrones) and Raymond E Fiest are probably the 2 best fantasy writers of the last 30/40 years.

A Song of Ice and Fire, is the saga that Game of Thrones is taken from and is absolutely amazing.

The Riftwar Cycle follows a boy (later a man) named Pug, in a fantasy setting, as he discovers he has an unusal talent for magic. It follows him through the lives of several "main" characters, the story literally progressing hundreds of years. Each subsection of books is split into Sagas "Riftwar/Demonwar/Chaoswar/Serpentwar" and each is utterly amazing.

I can literally not recommend reading Magician, Silverthorn and A Darkness at Sethanon enough (first 3 books in the Riftwar Cycle). They would be my 3 favorite books of all time.
    If you are into epic fantasy, I would recommend them above any other.

Edit: I would actually send you my copies of the books. THAT is how good they are and how much they need to be spread around :P
    Last edited by mmoc5c68ed2fe6; 2011-05-06 at 02:32 AM. Reason: pwn

Loving this show!...anyone else cry when he had to kill the wolf pup?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    No but I did want to beat Sansa bloody for lying >.<

George R R Martin (Game of THrones) and Raymond E Fiest are probably the 2 best fantasy writers of the last 30/40 years.

A Song of Ice and Fire, is the saga that Game of Thrones is taken from and is absolutely amazing.

The Riftwar Cycle follows a boy (later a man) named Pug, in a fantasy setting, as he discovers he has an unusal talent for magic. It follows him through the lives of several "main" characters, the story literally progressing hundreds of years. Each subsection of books is split into Sagas "Riftwar/Demonwar/Chaoswar/Serpentwar" and each is utterly amazing.

I can literally not recommend reading Magician, Silverthorn and A Darkness at Sethanon enough (first 3 books in the Riftwar Cycle). They would be my 3 favorite books of all time.
    If you are into epic fantasy, I would recommend them above any other.

Edit: I would actually send you my copies of the books. THAT is how good they are and how much they need to be spread around :P
    Yea i have all of song and ice and fire bought them all as i loved them so much. Did a google for Feists books, looks like a lot of them, there's the next few months of my life gone most likely, am an obsessive reader. I did a feast for crows in about 4 days with a 40 hour uni week :x cheers for the recommendation.

---------- Post added 2011-05-06 at 03:36 AM ----------

yes, and more so when arya had to chase nymeria away with rocks, wonder if she shall be seen again...

Deleted
    Haha no problem, I'm the same when it comes to reading, and I must have re-read the Riftwar Cycle books at least 3 times each. Brilliant.

Also, back on topic: Who else thought the actor for Littlefinger was perfect?

Haha no problem, I'm the same when it comes to reading, and I must have re-read the Riftwar Cycle books at least 3 times each. Brilliant.

Also, back on topic: Who else thought the actor for Littlefinger was perfect?
    I couldn't make my mind up really, I didn't think he was bad, but wasn't too stand out for me either. I don't know i find it hard sometimes i tend to forget completely about the initial descriptions of characters physically and end up with my own image of how they look, barring key features that get mentioned constantly, like the lannisters and their hair for example, or the color of someones eyes.

varys i didn't like however, once again i prob ignored how he is supposed to look but he just didn't seem shady enough, surely someone that plump cant be so devious?

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't make my mind up really, I didn't think he was bad, but wasn't too stand out for me either. I don't know i find it hard sometimes i tend to forget completely about the initial descriptions of characters physically and end up with my own image of how they look, barring key features that get mentioned constantly, like the lannisters and their hair for example, or the color of someones eyes.

varys i didn't like however, once again i prob ignored how he is supposed to look but he just didn't seem shady enough, surely someone that plump cant be so devious?
    Funny thing, I thought the total opposite about Varys I thought he wasn't fat enough I always pictured him as really kinda.. gross and flabby I mean he's a eunuch, they tend towards the fatty no?

thought Littlefinger was awesome, but tbh I've kinda learned to expect that from this show now everyone just looks and acts so awesome it's kinda hard to be surprised when another character steps right out of my frakkin head onto the screen....
    bring on Mellisandre!...by which I mean Christina Hendricks
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted

Hahaha yea Varys was disappointing, but only cos I had him much bigger in my head, and much more effeminate...and a total slimy bastard. Atm he just seems like a bit of a devious chubster. Like Dr. Robotnik.

Also, Syrio was brilliant. "Haha! just so". Overall though, having seen some terrible adaptations from books, I couldn't be happier with this series so far, and like someone posted earlier, Viserys is fucking greasy, really greasy....its ace tho tbh, if I was in a family into inbreeding, Daenerys isnt a bad choice :P

The Riftwar set of books are pretty decent. GRRM is a better writer but Raymond Fiest is not bad, it's a fun read. At least the first 4 books are good, the books after the riftwar are ok but nothing special. Another good writer is Tad Williams and the Dragonbone Chair set of books. For standalone novels there is no better author than Guy Gavriel Kay with novels such as Tigana and A Song For Arbonne.

Hahaha yea Varys was disappointing, but only cos I had him much bigger in my head, and much more effeminate...and a total slimy bastard. Atm he just seems like a bit of a devious chubster. Like Dr. Robotnik.

Also, Syrio was brilliant. "Haha! just so". Overall though, having seen some terrible adaptations from books, I couldn't be happier with this series so far, and like someone posted earlier, Viserys is fucking greasy, really greasy....its ace tho tbh, if I was in a family into inbreeding, Daenerys isnt a bad choice :P
    Yea I loved the scene with Syrio too, Arya is a great character and i think they have her played well. Only dislike about Viserys is other than the nipple twist you have not seen much of the dragon, although ep 6 i believe is "a golden crown" that should be fun ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I loved the scene with Syrio too, Arya is a great character and i think they have her played well. Only dislike about Viserys is other than the nipple twist you have not seen much of the dragon, although ep 6 i believe is "a golden crown" that should be fun ^^
    Seriously cannot wait for that episode, i just want to see the look on his face.

The tourny also should be good, that'll be coming up soon. And the convosation between Sansa and the Hound... you honestly feel sorry for him!

This show is fucking rape. I love it.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    it's so gooood <3
    when i first heard of the project to develop these awesome books into a tv-series i thought "meh"
    but hell was i disproved on the pilot

cant wait till sunday for the next episode! ^^
    (well,monday here, 7h timeshift sucks)

Last month when i saw the trailer for GoT, saw Khal Drago in the trailer and i went, "Hey thats Ronon Dex, err Jason Momoa". Saw the rest of the cast after checkin' out the website. Had to give it a shot on the first sunday, now im hooked to the show..

Tyrion Lannister, the imp, is a bad ass mofo, the bitch slapping with Joffery was epic.

Also i read in Entertainment Weekly mag that HBO decided to put a 2nd season in the works before the first show was even aired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having not had the pleasure of reading the books and only seeing the 3 episodes so far i can't honestly say i'm getting the books asap.

Massive sword n board fan.

Rim............

---------- Post added 2011-05-06 at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Landfall View Post
    Seriously cannot wait for that episode, i just want to see the look on his face.

The tourny also should be good, that'll be coming up soon. And the convosation between Sansa and the Hound... you honestly feel sorry for him!
    Get out landfail,you'll ruin this thread.....ahahahaaa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    bring on Mellisandre!...by which I mean Christina Hendricks
    Meh... to each their own, but I find her overrated. I'd rather have Rachel Nichols for Mellisandra. Or Deborah Ann Woll. Or some as of yet unknown hottie.

God there is just so much i cant wait to see, I wish it was all completed in one go so i could just watch everything back to back. bring on sunday!

Deleted
    God there is just so much i cant wait to see, I wish it was all completed in one go so i could just watch everything back to back. bring on sunday!
    A certain someone walking into a firestorm maybe? DO WANT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWigman View Post
    Last month when i saw the trailer for GoT, saw Khal Drago in the trailer and i went, "Hey thats Ronon Dex, err Jason Momoa". Saw the rest of the cast after checkin' out the website. Had to give it a shot on the first sunday, now im hooked to the show..
    I did the same.. Z.z

---------- Post added 2011-05-06 at 07:26 PM ----------

No.. But man I hate the little prince dude now.
    The actor is really good at making me hate him. Actually, all the actors are awesome.. very impressed with the kids.
    Last edited by mmoca172a76622; 2011-05-06 at 07:26 PM.