Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    No actually u dont recast swp with mindflay it just refresh's which is why you could carry the damage increase done from Tricks of the trade with swp corruption serpent sting etc in wotlk. Shut you down again ty have a nice day

I vote to have the misinformation this Milkshake86 guy is arguing stricken from the record on grounds that he doesn't play shadow and is only assuming mechanics work this way from that blue post before Cata release where they said they wanted all DoTs/HoTs to update in real time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    No actually u dont recast swp with mindflay it just refresh's which is why you could carry the damage increase done from Tricks of the trade with swp corruption serpent sting etc in wotlk.
    VT and DP are the question here. Hell, even SWP if you don't mindflay.

I'm not arguing that SWP stats are updated when you use mindflay. They are. I am saying that they are not updated every single tick for any dot. Being refreshed or recasted is different to this. Please, learn to read.
    Last edited by mmocbc908b39ea; 2011-05-08 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    I vote to have the misinformation this Milkshake86 guy is arguing stricken from the record on grounds that he doesn't play shadow and is only assuming mechanics work this way from that blue post before Cata release where they said they wanted all DoTs/HoTs to update in real time.
    Definitely... unless Milkshakes can provide some proof that his interpretation is correct. Also, as an aside that blues post referred to here clearly says that they want dots/hots to update in real time meaning when they were recast/refreshed, Link in a min...

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Finally found what I was looking for to clear up the confusion

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...o-see-answered

It's a little bit past halfway down the page if you want to look for it/read the whole thing yourself

I think the "on the fly" part is what was causing some of the confusion in memories. I mean it was posted 8 months ago and in wow terms that is pretty much forever ago
    Was easier to just quote from a previous thread on this subject
    Last edited by Arlee; 2011-05-09 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    All dots are dynamic they donot carry damage buffs once they fall and gain them once they pop. This was a cata change and was left off feral bleeds hence why ferals were doing insane numbers on H Nefarian which was quickly hotfixed. Any dot will change w/ your DMG/INT/CRit/Haste buffs as they proc.
    notsureiftrollorjuststupid.jpg.

Just no. But oh how it would be nice if DoTs worked this way.
    Last edited by mmocffca35fda3; 2011-05-09 at 02:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lairyfiquid View Post
    it would be nice if DoTs worked this way.
    Debatable. It's a nice way of maximising gains of procs etc - refresh dots before they run out. But that's off topic :P

It would be nice in that it would require less effort from us to take advantage of procs....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    It would be nice in that it would require less effort from us to take advantage of procs....
    And make the spec even more faceroll. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestlyone View Post
    Debatable. It's a nice way of maximising gains of procs etc - refresh dots before they run out. But that's off topic :P
    You do realize that all this would do is narrow the gap between the better players (those who time their procs/extend effect durations) and the average player (those who don't.)

MUCH less effort required to maximize your DPS is true though.

Deleted
    Lower the gap? Yes. By lowering the top "better players" DPS. Not great really, especially as it's a slightly more complex way of increasing your DPS than making the decision to use Mind blast on cooldown, rather than wait for orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestlyone View Post
    Lower the gap? Yes. By lowering the top "better players" DPS. Not fun really, especially as it's a slightly more complx
    Well it would also raise the dps of the lower performers too because they wouldn't have to pay attention to proc's to get the most out of them. Overall, it would be a bad change imo.

Oh it would be a terrible change, I guess I wasn't clear in my post.

I never want Spriest to be like Ret Pally was back in Wrath, where I could literally do the same DPS on some fight mashing keys to hit whatever was off CD as I was doing when timing procs and prioritizing attacks.