Mana control in arena.

IT seems like I run out of mana so fast in arena I can play it slow try not to use much mana but when either me or my partner are taking so much damage I have toshield penance renew pom then spam flash and my mana goes bye bye if I burst I even pop power infusion during a burst so the mana will cost less and if it fails my mana is gone and by that time both the healer and dps get on me so I'll die if I try to offensive dispel or defensive dispel It always goes me getting everything but the thing I want and when there is only that left sometimes it doesn't work I'm spell pen cap'd and hit cap'd can anyone help me?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...utter/advanced
    Last edited by FlingChiaPet; 2011-05-10 at 04:06 PM.

Have you or your partner tried uh, pillar humping, ccing, etc etc?

Quote Originally Posted by capslocked View Post
    Have you or your partner tried uh, pillar humping, ccing, etc etc?
    Yeah the thing is my server isn't quiet as skilled so I have to carry them and tell them everything to do in skype. Even to CC or to fake deaths >.>

Quote Originally Posted by FlingChiaPet View Post
    Yeah the thing is my server isn't quiet as skilled so I have to carry them and tell them everything to do in skype. Even to CC or to fake deaths >.>
    Do you just do the games once a week for points with a random person from trade? If so you could always find someone to do them with weekly, that way you don't have to train everybody

Use shadow fiend and hymn early, that way if its a long fight they'll be up again when you need them, use inner focus a lot, drink whenevr you have the opportunity, try making use of lifegrip to get your dps out of heavy damage situations. But yeah if your partners bad theres not much you can do.

Gear wise you have too much hit, you only need 4% for pvp, reforge everything you have to spirit, get heart song, enchant everything, try a mana regen trinket like darkmoon card: tsunami or Core of Ripeness.

Quote Originally Posted by capslocked View Post
    Do you just do the games once a week for points with a random person from trade? If so you could always find someone to do them with weekly, that way you don't have to train everybody
    I'm trying to find someone for a longer arena partner so we can get high but it seems like anyone decent and everyone else fails to learn or listen.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    Use shadow fiend and hymn early, that way if its a long fight they'll be up again when you need them, use inner focus a lot, drink whenevr you have the opportunity, try making use of lifegrip to get your dps out of heavy damage situations. But yeah if your partners bad theres not much you can do.

Gear wise you have too much hit, you only need 4% for pvp, reforge everything you have to spirit, get heart song, enchant everything, try a mana regen trinket like darkmoon card: tsunami or Core of Ripeness.
    I thought it was 5% and I'm trying to get the trinket from arch untill I get Jar of Ancient Remedies

Deleted
    6 Unenchanted Items, Missing Engineer Back Enchant. Try to get more spirit and less spell pen if you dont damage the enemies, just keep the hit for fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanosa View Post
    6 Unenchanted Items, Missing Engineer Back Enchant. Try to get more spirit and less spell pen if you dont damage the enemies, just keep the hit for fear.
    Gonna keep it unenchanted till I find someone who I really feel won't need me to carry them or if they are vicious pieces

Deleted
    Gonna keep it unenchanted till I find someone who I really feel won't need me to carry them or if they are vicious pieces
    Those Enchants result in slightly more throughput and thus better heals, lesser heals needed, more mana in the end. Didnt want to point that out in the first place but it seemed necessary.

I dunno about you, but if I was looking for someone who was similarly skilled to me who I wouldn't need to carry, and saw them with half their gear unenchanted, I'd straight out say "fuck off". If you aren't going to put the effort into your character to optimize (within reason, I'm not saying get power torrent on a blue weapon), then you can't really criticize others for following by your example.

On a more specific note - if you are having to spam flash heal on your partner and you're not facing double dps, something is going wrong, and most likely one of these:
    1. Your partner does not have enough pvp gear, and/or like you, has not enchanted/gemmed it
    2. Your partner is not providing enough counter pressure or cc
    3. (Probably most likely) You are not peeling for your partner. This means using Psychic Scream pretty much on cooldown (preferably on both targets). Another way is mana burning the opposing healer, forcing him to either take up a defensive position, or his partner to stop you, thus potentially relieving pressure from your partner. (Don't be stupid about this "someone on the internet said if i mana burn them, you wont die", make sure your partner is topped up and/or in a good position)

10+ Year Old Account
    Come back complaining when you are fully gear'd with tsunami, then we can have a talk.

first off there is no way your carrying anyone with gear like yours. Second its not carrying if your the healer. Your job is to keep the team going. Your spirit is low, your int is low, you have no haste or mastery. All of this leads to you using more mana for using very little heals. fix your stats and you fix your problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand the people who can't get anywhere and claim it's other people. If you're going through loads of people, and not getting anywhere, you're the constant factor. Stop expecting more from people when you're not willing to work on your own character. I certainly wouldn't play with someone geared like you, or with your attitude.