Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Well I guess my previous comment wasn't totally fair. The NHL would absolutely blow their load to have a Canadian team in the Cup Finals over Atlanta (if the Thrash could actually make the playoffs lololol). The Thrashers average about 6,000 television viewers per game. TV viewers! Compare that to the Oilers, the worst team in hockey, that gets about 180,000 viewers per game in a city that is so much smaller than Atlanta it is a joke lol. Something like 1 in 1000 people watch the Thrashers on television.
    I don't really know what to make of these numbers but I heard on local sports radio that CBC gets 3Million viewers every Canucks game.
    I remember it all too well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I'm not butthurt (ok, I am a little) but after beating my Wings, the Sharks better take the god damn cup!
    I believe we have reached an impass

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Orcas VS Sharks. What wins in reality!!
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    He had the towel waving in his signature, as well as a fairly large quote. Violated size restrictions, I'm assuming.
    spot on 10c
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    I don't really know what to make of these numbers but I heard on local sports radio that CBC gets 3Million viewers every Canucks game.
    What to make of those numbers is that Atlanta is a joke of a sports market and not just for hockey. CBC pulling in ridiculous numbers wouldn't surprise me at all. I would be very, very surprised if HNIC wasn't the highest rated show each week in Canada lol.

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Orcas VS Sharks. What wins in reality!!
    Orcas are renowned for their ability to kill sharks and bears. So the Lightning may be their own rival.

Too bad the Golden Seals aren't a team anymore. Would love to see the constant mock ups of the Canuck mascot eating theirs. Its too bad they had to name the Anaheim franchise after the Disney movies, not that the Mighty Ducks isn't an amazing team name. Anaheim Golden Seals would be titties. The Ducks dropping Mighty from their name might be the one name choice I hate more than the Tamp Bay Rays dropping the Devil from their name. Who wants to be a generic ray? Are they sting rays? Manta Rays? Rays of lights? Mathmatical straight lines?

Btw, it being too hot to sleep is the worst.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-05-13 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I believe we have reached an impass
    If they don't win the cup, giving up game 7 to them would mean nothing! Our sacrifice would be in vain. :P

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Orcas are renowned for their ability to kill sharks and bears.
    Good thing bruins ≠ polar bears then.

If we're gonna go on mascots, the Lightning are going down. The thunderbug is no match for a bruin. Shark and a killer whale would be a good one though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I wanted the wings to get the upset I am SO HAPPY we won't have to hear about how Dats is the best player in the league anymore.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    As much as I wanted the wings to get the upset I am SO HAPPY we won't have to hear about how Dats is the best player in the league anymore.
    But he is. I don't need Roenick or Melrose or Jones telling me that, i just know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomolak View Post
    But he is. I don't need Roenick or Melrose or Jones telling me that, i just know it.
    I didn't say he wasn't, I just said I'm glad we don't have to hear the needless pontification.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

I'm not sure who to feel more sorry for...

Marcello, for whom the hurt is fresh and still tender,

or

Garbles, for whom the hurt is deep, brooding, and everlasting.

A true sports fan realizes that there are wins and losses, and they can't be the champions every year. Buck up ladies and enjoy the spectacle you're entertained with.

"Are you not entertained?"

ps. Ryan Kesler was just made a saint by the Vatican and they have added the 'book of Kesler' to the new new testament.

One game at a time - Kesler 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by phazedin View Post
    I'm not sure who to feel more sorry for...

Marcello, for whom the hurt is fresh and still tender,

or

Garbles, for whom the hurt is deep, brooding, and everlasting.

A true sports fan realizes that there are wins and losses, and they can't be the champions every year. Buck up ladies and enjoy the spectacle you're entertained with.

"Are you not entertained?"

ps. Ryan Kesler was just made a saint by the Vatican and they have added the 'book of Kesler' to the new new testament.

One game at a time - Kesler 3:16
    Praise be to Kesler. Amen

Well Like I said we had to wait to see if the wings advanced...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kofisan View Post
    Praise not the man for he is just a prophet. Praise the Lord Stanley, for he is eternal.

10+ Year Old Account
    i didn't get to comment on the game last night, because i was so pissed off at the end, but i can't say it wasn't exciting. Very good seriers by both teams. I'm sad to see this season end, but they sure went out swinging. On to the round. I'm seeing Van of SJ in 5 and Tampa of Boston in 6. gotta show love for yzerman :P

Bruins Tom ^.^

Deleted
    Not NHL but World Cup playoffs. Grandlund with the goal of the year:

http://watch.tsn.ca/international-hockey/#clip466646

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    It's called nation wide broadcasting. Do you guys get Leafs/Habs/Sens games prior to Canucks and Oilers games on CBC? We get them on the east coast all the time after the region based game has ended.

And Red Wings fans shouldn't be butthurt by losing to San Jose, they played a great series and I honestly thought they had a good chance of beating the Sharks. That said, even if Detroit had won the series, they are way too battered to have beaten Vancouver and team health overall is important moving forward for potentially the next 14 games remaining in the post season. Detroit would probably have been swept by Vancouver because with the average age of their players, they were probably feeling it pretty bad the last few games and resilience is what got them to 7 games. Vancouver is well rested and even that will have an impact on their series against San Jose.

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    I didn't say he wasn't, I just said I'm glad we don't have to hear the needless pontification.
    No kidding, I swear TSN's analysts personally want to get down on their needs and suck his dick.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    false. the refs handed it to san jose on that last goal. two years in a row the refs cost the wings.
    Hey, there is always next season! =).

Your team lost, just let it go and go drink beer with your friends. Make whatever excuse you want to help you sleep at night, but Detroit lost, just accept it and look forward to hockey next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kofisan View Post
    I typed "Jesus" into my iPhone and it got auto-corrected to "Kesler"

also, In Luongod We Trust

---------- Post added 2011-05-13 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's called nation wide broadcasting. Do you guys get Leafs/Habs/Sens games prior to Canucks and Oilers games on CBC? We get them on the east coast all the time after the region based game has ended.
    Yup, we get Leaf/Habs/Sens games on CBC, before our Nucks games out here in Vancouver. Really don't like the commentators at CBC though, especially Ron Maclean and his terrible reporting. Much rather listen to Tom Larscheid and John Shorthouse on Rogers Sportsnet.