How to find a Mysterious Camel Figurine [Video]

Guide on how to “find” the Mysterious Camel Figurine.

Video: Please watch video in a high resolution.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ykCCHkmYQ

----------------------------------------------------------
    You need to download NPCScan, it is nearly impossible to spot these little creatures without it.

wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/npcscan.aspx

Here is a picture of the optimal farming route, the route is compiled of where wowhead has shown them to be at as of 12-25-10.

img291.imageshack.us/img291/4655/camelroute.jpg

Use this route a couple times a day.

Eventually the RNG gods will bless you with either looting a dust that can be vendored for 25g, or you get ported to “Steam Pools” and you will have to face an elite mob that anyone can solo; which then will drop the camel mount.

Good Luck!

Additional info for Admins viewing this post/video.

I recorded this video today and uploaded it to my youtube. Youtube channel is Yoppskie, character name in game is listed at end of video. Yoppz / horde / Burning Blade / US realm, thanks for the opportunity to win something cool. Hopefully this will educate the community a little more on this mount that everyone has questions on.
    Last edited by Yoppskie; 2010-12-26 at 08:26 AM.

Since I posted this video on youtube I've had 5 people either leave me a message on youtube or even message me in game saying that they found the camel mount using this method. Whether this wins or not I will definitely be sharing this with the community to help everyone achieve this mount. I myself have only found 4 dusts unfortunately my RNG is crap when it comes to stuff like this. Anyways thanks for having contests like these on mmo-champion, I will be doing more in the future

Deleted
    I use NPC scan, but it won't target the little effers. *sigh*

/wtb camel microscope

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darwynnia View Post
    I use NPC scan, but it won't target the little effers. *sigh*

/wtb camel microscope
    NPCscan goes off >> CTRL+V to put friendly name plates up (assuming u don't have everyones name plates flaoting about) then just a quick skim should help you see said camel statue.

After the last patch the figurines are no longer targetable.. NPCscan will trigger but you'll need to find that little bastard yourself Happy hunting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mileylool View Post
    After the last patch the figurines are no longer targetable.. NPCscan will trigger but you'll need to find that little bastard yourself Happy hunting!
    Seriously? Thats insane....
    The darn thing just got about 20x as difficult as it already was...

Well I've been coming here for awhile and was too lazy to make an account until now. I looked at the path you posted started flying and what do you know, I get ported to the Steam Pools VERY FIRST TRY. Can't believe the luck. NPC_Scan alerted me so I started to fly by ground and look for the figurine, and when I clicked it I was engulfed in a greenish tornado that ported me to the pools. Incase anyone wondering I found it right where the the word "Neferset" is on the map. Great guide man, and heres some pics for people who wanna see.

Before the fight
    [IMG]http://oi54.tinypic.com/ok09jc.jpg[/IMG]
    After the fight
    [IMG]http://oi54.tinypic.com/2yo4i1z.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Deviat; 2011-05-28 at 12:05 PM.

Nice guide, Thanks

I will try this night to find the camel =) TY!

Deleted
    I as well shall use this to locate one. I want the mount badly. I've also heard that there's a title of some kind, Camel Herder? How does one obtain the said title?

Quote Originally Posted by Jelme View Post
    I as well shall use this to locate one. I want the mount badly. I've also heard that there's a title of some kind, Camel Herder? How does one obtain the said title?
    "Camel Hoarder", and you get it by defeating Dormus and obtaining the mount he drops.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    found this myself only 2 days ago on my 2nd camel ( /endbrag)

i used only Gathermate and NPCScan to find it.

just remember to reset you npcscan, because apparently it was in my cache before i downloaded the addon.

and for gathermate on wowhead found a cool few scripts, one enters the co-ords of camel statues, and other changes the icon on map to netherwing egg which i personally liked
    Bubble won't save you from server crashes!

Deleted
    good guide

^ agreed, keep em coming!