Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Oh please god let them add Tengu and Centaur, please oh please oh please!

But, for the sake of accuracy... Source?
    I'll hunt around for it. Somebody on the GW2 Guru forums quoted it originally, so you might have better luck finding it than I will. Will post it up if I can find it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Again. Not what we're talking about. My point was that I prefer mounts because of the possibility of missing events, and the tactical nature there of. I dislike the ability to be everywhere instantly. I understand that people feel opposite.
    It's actually basically what your talking about, but I can't be bothered to agure about it.

The waypoints won't break your "immersion", they are part of the GW2 lore thing. With Asura pretty much being behind them like the Asura gates.

They do it via the map, due to simplisty and because most people can't be bother to run to a portal master. It would just bascially have to have them all over the world, which would break your immersion more to be honest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Btw. Pyre when are you going to be online,?

Not sure where you are located so if you are in the Americas I might be asleep when you log in.
    No, I'm from UK. I'm out at the minute so I'm posting on my phone, I will be back maybe in 1-2hours.

Also looking at the mounts thread on gw2guru, it seems most people thing mounts for what you describe break immersion more than the waypoints. Now I don't really side with either of them, since I don't really mind aslong as we have some fast travel system. It doesn't break immersion for me to have either. Though I prefer the waypoints to mounts.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2011-05-14 at 05:57 PM.

Even then though, they break so much immersion for me, I'd almost rather be forced to walk my ass across the place like EQ. Like, in EQ, getting places sometimes was a goddamn epic quest in and of itself, but it at least felt real.
    And by "walk" you mean you actually turn run off and "walk"? Lets try that for a week and see how fast you'll be walking to the nearest mount vendor shouting "SCREW IMMERSION"!

Quote Originally Posted by Valizix View Post
    And by "walk" you mean you actually turn run off and "walk"? Lets try that for a week and see how fast you'll be walking to the nearest mount vendor shouting "SCREW IMMERSION"!
    I see you're having fun with Hyperbole.

Load them with advantages and disadvantages, so that you're making an actual choice whether you want to use your mount, or travel by foot. Your horse is great on the plains, but going up rough terrain, it's slower than if you climbed yourself. Perhaps your mount can carry more supplies than you normally could, so you have to lead it at times with your supplies. Or maybe you're delivering somebody on horseback to a different city.
    I like how you think about mounts gotpriest. Personally I don't really want mounts, but if they do add it, it would be nice if they thought like you do.

finally read whole thread, god i can't wait for this game.

im a GW1 veteran myself.

There is a huge mount discussion on gw2guru

My thoughts on mounts is that if they are in then they need to offer something in the gameplay other than just a speed boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    There is a huge mount discussion on gw2guru

My thoughts on mounts is that if they are in then they need to offer something in the gameplay other than just a speed boost.
    meh. perhaps behind you while you ride there's a merchant that sells some things where you can sell stuff? kinda like mammoths in wow?

edit: this would have to be able to be gotten INGAME since it sorta does give an advantage of not having to go to a town to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    meh. perhaps behind you while you ride there's a merchant that sells some things where you can sell stuff? kinda like mammoths in wow?

edit: this would have to be able to be gotten INGAME since it sorta does give an advantage of not having to go to a town to sell.
    I was thinking more along the lines of combat abilities. We know that your skill bar will change while underwater; well they could do the same thing with mounts. Those who have played Guild Wars think about the Siege Devourer in EotN and the Junundu in Nightfall, I could see them doing something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druxray View Post
    So bad players are drawn to bloodelves? same with DKs? It has nothing to do with the fact that those were released with an expansion that brings in new players or people re level new toons during expansions prior to purchasable race changes.
    And I would agree if the retardation only existed shortly after the released dates, but it didn't. You have to agree that there are A LOT of retarded blood elves out there right now...

but don't worry, I'm sure you are a very good female blood elf blood dk. *snicker snicker*

OT: I am really scared about necromancers in pvp. The whole death shroud mechanic sounds waaaaaaay overpowered, and I have a feeling that they will be like 3.1 dks, but their self res is even better. I am anticipating major nerfs or major QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of combat abilities. We know that your skill bar will change while underwater; well they could do the same thing with mounts. Those who have played Guild Wars think about the Siege Devourer in EotN and the Junundu in Nightfall, I could see them doing something like that.
    ooh got ya there, that would be cool.

Well there could be two type of mounts.

One that is just increasing your speed and the other one like a mobile bank. For example in the game Ryzom, you could buy a Mektoub (a camel like animal) and use it as a pack mount. You could load lots of materials, armors, weapons and other stuff on it and take it with you to be able to trade your wares in different outposts and areas. You could not ride it, it would just follow you and I think, it was also vurnerable to PVP attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that thread reflects pretty much if you are an existing GW player or someone that have been brought in by the hype - the wast majority of original GW players do not want mounts.
    Because in the Guild Wars universe they're unnecessary.

Siege Devourer and Junundu are cool, but they're also for specific areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

And that thread reflects pretty much if you are an existing GW player or someone that have been brought in by the hype - the wast majority of original GW players do not want mounts.
    yeah, it was a nice change from mounts in wow.

wish i had 20 bucks for Eotn expansion, i quit GW for the most part after i finished up nightfall campaign.

EotN will be on sale in the ingame-shop in a couple of weeks

Sales
    * Storage Panes – May 5 to May 12
    * Bonus Mission Pack – May 12 to May 19
    * Makeover /Makeover Pack – May 19 to May 26
    * Guild Wars: Eye of the North – May 26 to June 2
    * Character Slot – June 2 to June 9
    bad timing for me.. gotta move at that time, no money for it since it's being tied into moving trucks.

New interview here:

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/blog/...terview-part-1

There's some great info on the character customisation in that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenanet
    Our character customisation is something we are working on right now and it’s going pretty well. It will be a lot more extensive that in GW1. You’ll be able to alter, depending on your race, different things. Obviously a Charr has very, very different things you would alter than a human does. Depending on your race there’s all kind of options.

You can do different body types, I think we’ve mentioned this, but one of the benefits we’ve gained from NCSoft is that we looked at the AION character creation and we thought it was pretty spectacular so we are using their technology as the basis for ours. So we can do a lot of the same things they do. You’ll be able to tweak a lot more than GW1. At the same time we want our character creation to be easy to use and you don’t have to be an artist yourself to come up with a cool looking character. So you can expect a hybrid between a system something like where you can tweak every detail and something more simple like GW1 where you had presets. It’s somewhere in between those two things. We think it should give our fans who really like to customise their character more than enough options to keep them happy.
    Say what you like about Aion, but it's character customisation was superb.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    APB and Aion both had amazing character customization, too bad they both ended up flopping

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    New interview here:

http://guildwars.incgamers.com/blog/...terview-part-1

There's some great info on the character customisation in that article.

Say what you like about Aion, but it's character customisation was superb.
    Say what? Aion's character customization was atrocious. You had absurdly disproportioned midgets and massive hulks. Like, what? I mean, sure. Aion was better than most MMO's at the time, but that's like saying Dog shit smells better than Cow Shit. Sure, it does, but it's still shit.

Say what? Aion's character customization was atrocious. You had absurdly disproportioned midgets and massive hulks. Like, what? I mean, sure. Aion was better than most MMO's at the time, but that's like saying Dog shit smells better than Cow Shit. Sure, it does, but it's still shit.
    Don't blame the tool for that. Blame the people creating them. Aion's character creation was great but, knowing people, it allowed a bit too much freedom I think.