Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Say what? Aion's character customization was atrocious. You had absurdly disproportioned midgets and massive hulks. Like, what? I mean, sure. Aion was better than most MMO's at the time, but that's like saying Dog shit smells better than Cow Shit. Sure, it does, but it's still shit.
    Try reading between the lines and maybe you wouldn't be raging so hard. They're only using Aion's character creation technology as a base for their system, they're making their own version of it the way they want it to work. It wouldn't exactly be hard from their to limit certain options, or link certain proportions in order to avoid the weird creations Aion allowed. I'm sure when they're done with it you'll only be able to create characters which are in line with the aesthetics of the world they want to create.

Aion's character customisation wasn't atrocious, they just gave too much freedom to the players, who in turn created the abominations you're thinking of. It was capable of creating amazing looking characters, and back when I actually played, most of the characters I saw were pretty cool looking and unique.

Here's my old main. Doesn't look particularly ugly or scary to me!

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 02:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Don't blame the tool for that. Blame the people creating them. Aion's character creation was great but, knowing people, it allowed a bit too much freedom I think.
    Exactly this!

I was really stoked, but man, this announcement is like a coffin nail for me. Just mentioning anything Aion like brings back terrible memories. That was a really, really poor PR move IMO.

I mean, I get it, it's a business decision. Too much shit to do and not enough time, so gank some coding from your Publisher to bolster things along. That's fine and all, just don't say it.
    Last edited by gotpriest; 2011-05-15 at 02:05 AM.

I was really stoked, but man, this announcement is like a coffin nail for me. Just mentioning anything Aion like brings back terrible memories. That was a really, really poor PR move IMO.
    Does that mean you won't be frequenting this thread anymore? This new interview is even better than I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Does that mean you won't be frequenting this thread anymore? This new interview is even better than I thought!
    Personal attacks help your case so much.

Which is hilarious because you're the guy saying this, and this is you in the SW:ToR thread:

Ok guys, enough with the personal jabs, it's getting a little ridiculous now.
    Hypocritical.
    Last edited by gotpriest; 2011-05-15 at 02:14 AM.

Personal attack help your case so much.
    If you want to take that as a personal attack, that's up to you. It just seemed to me that if Arenanet using a piece of coding from a game you didn't like is enough to make you think the sky is falling, then this thread is probably better off without you.

Had you thought about what had been said logically, even if it was just for a second, you would have realised that using Aion's character creation code as a starting point is a good thing, as it only requires tweaking to get it to a state where it is useable, instead of having to create whole new character creation code from scratch, which would take far longer and either delay the release, or take resources from other important areas.

If you want to take that as a personal attack, that's up to you. It just seemed to me that if Arenanet using a piece of coding from a game you didn't like is enough to make you think the sky is falling, then this thread is probably better off without you.
    Just because you don't like what someone has to say, right or wrong, doesn't mean you get to say "Out of the thread!" It's a forum, it's discussion. Live with it.

Just because you don't like what someone has to say, right or wrong, doesn't mean you get to say "Out of the thread!" It's a forum, it's discussion. Live with it.
    But seriously..If you thought for a second what they said in interview ..you would understand they are trying remove things you hate from that system. Because right now you just look like "WHAA WHAA WHAA THEY SAID AION I HATE IT WHA WHA WHA" kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    But seriously..If you thought for a second what they said in interview ..you would understand they are trying remove things you hate from that system. Because right now you just look like "WHAA WHAA WHAA THEY SAID AION I HATE IT WHA WHA WHA" kid.
    And why not? Introducing the brand new Toyota Camry (featuring Kia Engines!). That's what this statement says to me. It's taking a controversial part of a game I played that many people didn't enjoy, and using it as a feature. They haven't detailed the depth to which they're using it, but all you have to do is the smell test, if it smells like crap, it usually is! It's just marketing, never say you're taking something from a controversial vendor.

This is why Plextor doesn't go right out there and say that their CD/DVD drives are just rebranded Lite-On's. It would cripple their business. (Which it has over the last 6 years due to the discovery)

Believe me, I hope they fix the things that sucked about Aion's character creator, but just mentioning it is a big negative for people who came from that game.
    Last edited by gotpriest; 2011-05-15 at 02:28 AM.

I think you are overreacting a bit with this. We haven't seen any part of the character creation yet so perhaps wait until we do before passing judgement?

i love the fac that you can switch servers... i play on german servers but have friend real life friends in france and UK they dont play on german servers but like this no problem <3

just hope we dont have to wait until 2012

And why not? Introducing the brand new Toyota Camry (featuring Kia Engines!). That's what this statement says to me. It's taking a controversial part of a game I played that many people didn't enjoy, and using it as a feature. They haven't detailed the depth to which they're using it, but all you have to do is the smell test, if it smells like crap, it usually is! It's just marketing, never say you're taking something from a controversial vendor.

This is why Plextor doesn't go right out there and say that their CD/DVD drives are just rebranded Lite-On's. It would cripple their business. (Which it has over the last 6 years due to the discovery)

Believe me, I hope they fix the things that sucked about Aion's character creator, but just mentioning it is a big negative for people who came from that game.
    You read what you want..seriously .. you said what you hate about AION system.. they said what they want avoid ... and surprise surprise.. it's a same thing... and still it's BAD move.. okey as you want, I really don't care. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    Probably we will..

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    You read what you want..seriously .. you said what you hate about AION system.. they said what they want avoid ... and surprise surprise.. it's a same thing... and still it's BAD move.. okey as you want, I really don't care. Just saying.

Probably we will..
    And that's fine if you don't care, that doesn't give me the right to tell you to just gtfo though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    It's looking more than likely that we will have to wait until then.

I never said that, I just implied I'd be happier if you did.

Look, you jumped to a ridiculous conclusion that using a piece of software as a starting point for their character customisation was a sign that "absurdly disproportioned midgets and massive hulks" is what it would result in, when it's quite obvious that from the interview that they intend to make a hybrid system that allows alot of customisation, but with limits. I made a post trying to clarify things, but you seemed to ignore it and posted another alarmist response.

Now, if you want a discussion, I'm all for it. Posting things like "OMG, I saw the word Aion in the interview, this game will suck, because Aion sucked" and ignoring people trying to clarify information for you is not contributing to the thread in any way, you're just being intentionally unpleasant.

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 03:32 AM ----------

Holy crap, I type slow! Thanks everyone who chimed in!

Fine. I'm not telling you to jump off a cliff, but I'd be happier if you did. See what I did there? Word play doesn't change what one says.

If you don't like opinions, don't come to a public forum.

You guys should take your handbags to a private room.

Fine. I'm not telling you to jump off a cliff, but I'd be happier if you did. See what I did there? Word play doesn't change what one says.

If you don't like opinions, don't come to a public forum.
    As you said earlier, this is a forum, for discussion. You posted your opinion. I like opinions, which is why I'm on a forum, but your opinion involved wild assumptions which I, and a few other people, calmly discussed and gave you contrary information to consider, but you chose to ignore everything, make more assumptions and made sure you were as unpleasant as possible about it. If anyone doesn't like opinions here, it would seem to be you.

Now, how about you stop with the petty jabs, and get back to discussing this game in a civilised manner before this thread gets derailed any more?

Now, how about you stop with the petty jabs, and get back to discussing this game in a civilised manner before this thread gets derailed any more?
    That's funny. No. Really. I'll reiterate:

I was quite content with my opinion and listening to others until you decided to make it personal.

I was quite content with my opinion and listening to others until you decided to make it personal.
    You made a post complaining about the use of Aion's character creation software, two people explain how you were taking it wrong, you post virtually the same post again, apparently completely ignoring what had been said. I wouldn't call that listening.

Anyway, yes, I made the first jab as it seemed you were just trolling due to the abrasive tone of your posts and the apparent unwillingness to listen to reason. Apologies if you were not trolling. Now, can this end here please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You guys should take your handbags to a private room.
    Motherfucking ditto.

Anyhows. Is there anyone on the American side of the house that's running through the prophecies campaign currently? Running all the missions with just heroes gets dreadfully lonesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter