Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    True enough - but while I didn't put it there, I'm also thinking that the publishing company would be developing other Tera-clones with different settings so that they can have a bigger bite of the market (and put up with the very fickle asian mmo market) that by the time they yank support from Tera, there will be Tera2, Tera:Scifi, Tera:Magical girls, Tera:Horror and so forth.
    I would play Tera: Magic Girls! where do I sign?
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    (end of) 2011

- WoW drops to 9 million subscribers.
    - Rift stabilizes at less than a million subscribers.
    - SWTOR starts with 3 million subscribers, is now down to less than 1.5 million people who still play.
    - Tera starts with 1 million subscribers - is now up to 4.5 million.
    - GW2 starts with 1 million suubscribers, and maintains them.
    - WAR dies.

- WoW goes back up to 10 million subscribers.
    - Rift has less than 500k subscribers, switching to F2P.
    - SWTOR drops to under 1 million subscribers.
    - Tera is up to 5 million subscribers.
    - GW2 maintains its 1 million.
    - Warhammer 40k MMO starts with under a million subscribers. Considered a flop despite it being a very playable game.
    - Most F2P games are now considered "dead".

- WoW drops to 7 million subscribers - new content is largely being ignored.
    - Rift is dead.
    - SWTOR attempts to "remake" itself. It becomes unplayable. Dies.
    - Tera maintains 5 million subscribers.
    - GW2 is up to 1.5 million subscribers.
    - Titan is launched. 10 million purchases. 2 million people playing it the month after.
    - Warhammer 40k MMO maintains its 500k players, refuses to go to F2P and "die like the rest".

- WoW is down to 5 million subscribers. "Old Expansion Servers" are launched. Ignored.
    - Tera is up to 6 million subscribers, and is hailed as the WoW killer - however, the company that makes it isn't supporting it anymore because it's no longer popular in Korea.
    - GW3 in production. GW2 is down to under 1 million subscribers.
    - Titan releases new content, up to 2 million subscribers.
    - Warhammer 40k dies (and it makes me sad!).

- WoW is down to 3 million subscribers. Most of these are gold sellers or bots.
    - Tera dies despite much raging from the crowd.

(This is a fun game. I wonder if people will look back on this post and say "how did she KNOW?!")
    Tera more popular than swtor and hell snooze wars 2... You must be korean...

Death improves everyone's reputation...

Deleted
    (end of) 2011

- SWTOR starts with 3 million subscribers, is now down to less than 1.5 million people who still play.
    - WAR dies.

- Warhammer 40k MMO starts with under a million subscribers. Considered a flop despite it being a very playable game.

- Rift is dead.
    - Titan is launched. 10 million purchases. 2 million people playing it the month after.
    - Warhammer 40k MMO maintains its 500k players, refuses to go to F2P and "die like the rest".

- WoW is down to 5 million subscribers. "Old Expansion Servers" are launched. Ignored.
    - Tera is up to 6 million subscribers, and is hailed as the WoW killer - however, the company that makes it isn't supporting it anymore because it's no longer popular in Korea.

(This is a fun game. I wonder if people will look back on this post and say "how did she KNOW?!")
    Aha, but you forgot ONE thing about GW2 miss/sir!
    GW2 will be B2P. you cannot count them by subscribers. count copies sold + expansions. also, since it's B2P you can play GW2 and any P2P mmo at the same time i doubt it will have under 2 million (in lack of better words.) subscribers tbh.

I also think that by 2015 that Nintendo will have put pokemon into a more MMO-based format - because they won't be able to resist it. They're trying really hard to deny that's where it's heading...but they're being drawn more and more towards the format.
    If they do this, i promise that i will be one of the very first to ppick up that game...lol. Pokémon MMO would be fking awesome.
    Last edited by mmoc0dc02ab222; 2011-05-16 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2013 Fallout MMO comes out. No one but me and 3 other guys named Bill play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ookami-San View Post
    Aha, but you forgot ONE thing about GW2 miss/sir!
    GW2 will be B2P. you cannot count them by subscribers. count copies sold + expansions. also, since it's B2P you can play GW2 and any P2P mmo at the same time i doubt it will have under 2 million (in lack of better words.) subscribers tbh.
    What's "B2P"?

WoW already has less than 7.5 million players. Don't let the subscription numbers snow you. More than 1/2 of the subscriptions are from China where most players have 2-3 accounts that they only have to pay 8 cents every month to keep active. It's a scam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What's "B2P"?
    Buy to play. Means you buy it, can play how much you want.
    A.K.A, they will not carge money for every month for you to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What's "B2P"?

Buy to Play. You buy the game, you can play it forever, like console games.

Deleted
    I predict Terra to come out worse than Swtor and gw2 in terms of 'subscribers'. There's already a fan base there for star wars and guild wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    2013 - Wow: yeaaa..we have no more content

Deleted
    (end of) 2011

- WAR dies.

- Rift is dead.

Your so clueless
    SERIOUSLY ? ahahahahha and yet you say wow stays stronger than Titan ..
    jeez..your really are a woman..

< infracted >
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-05-16 at 04:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Wow...really? you really went that low?
    I sure hope you're trolling..

Deleted
    Prediction
    Everyone goes to maplestory, for a few reasons.
    1) Its graphics are on par with wow at times.
    2) You get to beat up a friggin snail.
    3) Snail kills you.
    4) its got a retarded name.
    5) You get to have face expressions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jungle all you want with numbers, if 1% of your things are true, its probably luck.

2012 - WoW releases expansion, level cap raised to 90. Diablo 3 released, info on Titan released

2013 - WoW releases final expansion, level cap raised to 100, Titan released, info on D3 expansion released

2014 - D3 expansion released, info on Titan expansion and WoW2 released

All other MMO's die out, because Blizzard sends the Tauren rogues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    2012 - WoW releases expansion, level cap raised to 90. Diablo 3 released, info on Titan released

2013 - WoW releases final expansion, level cap raised to 100, Titan released, info on D3 expansion released

2014 - D3 expansion released, info on Titan expansion and WoW2 released

There wont be a wow 2, wow will stop being updated, servers will still be up, some merged ofc, and nearly everyone that plays wow at that point somewhere in 2013 will migrate to TiTan because they are tired of diablo2 and sc2 and there isnt any other mmo out there strong enough to compete
    You keep forgetting, the minds that work on the ground breaking vanila wow are doing the same at full speed with Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Your so clueless

That I am - but my predictions are based on two basic concepts. Resistance to change among Blizzard fans, and Resistance to Blizzard among WoW haters. People will be unlikely to jump from one of Blizzard's IPs to another - and given the chance between continuing to subscribe to something they know and subscribing to a completely new format (given it remains an MMOFPS) that is untested and is possibly as shaky in quality as WoW was in the first 6 months - Blizzard fans who purchase the game because it's Blizzard will retain their WoW subscriptions and not pick up a Titan sub. Not until WoW hits a wall and Titan has some strong content released. FPS's as much as I like them (which I do!) just have minimal impact to the WoW crowd - it's a different kettle of fish. And on the other hand, haters will hate. They hate Blizzard, they hate WoW and they sure as heck will avoid Titan like the plague, even if it's good.

But I don't deny it'll pick up - it will. It'll just be slow.

My only concern is that if it doesn't have that big an impact, Activision will demand more out of it than it's able to give, and may demand that changes be made that will ruin it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    All other MMO's die out, because Blizzard sends the Tauren rogues.
    Have to agree, the reason other MMO's die is cause Blizzard has a top team of Tauren rogues killing the competition, but nobody ever sees them

GW2 - People realize the B2P model is an absolute fail on a large scale. NCSoft attempts to integrate one cash shop aftr another to maintain the massive server load and demand for more and more and more content, but in the end the model fails

WoW stays stable at 11mil..just live with it no B2P game will ever hurt WoW

SWToR: People will realize pretty fast this is not actually an MMO when you actually play it. Even the CEo said not expect more then 500k subs

Rift stabilizes at 3mil if they continue to keep pace with what they are releasing

Titan fails because it is not WoW 2 and noone will play it. Not very hard to see how this worked out for EQ2

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    GW2 - People realize the B2 model is an absolute fail on a large scale. NCSoft attempts to integrate one cash shop aftr another to maintain the massive server load and demand for more and more and more content

WoW stays stable at 11mil..just live with no B2P game will ever hurt WoW

SWToR: People will realize pretty fast this is not actually an MMO when you actually play it

Rift stabilizes at 3mil if they continue to keep pace with what they are releasing

Titan fails because it is not WoW 2 and noone will play it. Not very hard to see how this worked out for EQ2
    You so silly. Your whole post.