Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    GW2 - People realize the B2P model is an absolute fail on a large scale. NCSoft attempts to integrate one cash shop aftr another to maintain the massive server load and demand for more and more and more content
    Stopped reading here, I suppose every console game EVER made has been an absolute fail?

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    You so silly. Your whole post.
    I can care less what anyone says the Buy to play model is going to fail epicallyyyyyyy when it comes to the EXTREME demands that the WoW/Aion/EQ/Rift/ everything else community wants.

Their is a cold chance they will keep pace. NCSoon will show there true colors real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Stopped reading here, I suppose every console game EVER made has been an absolute fail?
    Console games release updates once every 6-9 months. Good damn luck having that patience with current mmo players

Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    (end of) 2011

- WoW drops to 9 million subscribers.
    - Rift stabilizes at less than a million subscribers.
    - SWTOR starts with 3 million subscribers, is now down to less than 1.5 million people who still play.
    - Tera starts with 1 million subscribers - is now up to 4.5 million.
    - GW2 starts with 1 million suubscribers, and maintains them.
    - WAR dies.

- WoW goes back up to 10 million subscribers.
    - Rift has less than 500k subscribers, switching to F2P.
    - SWTOR drops to under 1 million subscribers.
    - Tera is up to 5 million subscribers.
    - GW2 maintains its 1 million.
    - Warhammer 40k MMO starts with under a million subscribers. Considered a flop despite it being a very playable game.
    - Most F2P games are now considered "dead".

- WoW drops to 7 million subscribers - new content is largely being ignored.
    - Rift is dead.
    - SWTOR attempts to "remake" itself. It becomes unplayable. Dies.
    - Tera maintains 5 million subscribers.
    - GW2 is up to 1.5 million subscribers.
    - Titan is launched. 10 million purchases. 2 million people playing it the month after.
    - Warhammer 40k MMO maintains its 500k players, refuses to go to F2P and "die like the rest".

- WoW is down to 5 million subscribers. "Old Expansion Servers" are launched. Ignored.
    - Tera is up to 6 million subscribers, and is hailed as the WoW killer - however, the company that makes it isn't supporting it anymore because it's no longer popular in Korea.
    - GW3 in production. GW2 is down to under 1 million subscribers.
    - Titan releases new content, up to 2 million subscribers.
    - Warhammer 40k dies (and it makes me sad!).

- WoW is down to 3 million subscribers. Most of these are gold sellers or bots.
    - Tera dies despite much raging from the crowd.

(This is a fun game. I wonder if people will look back on this post and say "how did she KNOW?!")
    I give you cookie...to bad wow dies that soon. Oh well it lived for over 10 years. UO isnt dead though and its still alive. If UO dies guess wow will too...if it doesnt...

I predict that you're all wrong and the world ends in 2012.
    Unless, of course, someone already said the world will end in 2012 then I just agree with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a terrible prediction.
    Here's how it will go.
    2012: WoW gets back to 12m+ subs.
    2013: WoW gets up to 14 mil subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    console games, well most single player games as it is, useually only have about 6 maybe 7 hours of gameplay before they burnout.
    MMOs must have hundreds even thousands of hours of content.

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    I predict that you're all wrong and the world ends in 2012.
    Unless, of course, someone already said the world will end in 2012 then I just agree with them.
    Can't wait for the D3 release date to be "December 22nd, 2012".

(end of) 2011

- WoW drops to 9 million subscribers.
    - Rift stabilizes at less than a million subscribers.
    - SWTOR starts with 3 million subscribers, is now down to less than 1.5 million people who still play.
    - Tera starts with 1 million subscribers - is now up to 4.5 million.
    - GW2 starts with 1 million suubscribers, and maintains them.
    - WAR dies.

- WoW goes back up to 10 million subscribers.
    - Rift has less than 500k subscribers, switching to F2P.
    - SWTOR drops to under 1 million subscribers.
    - Tera is up to 5 million subscribers.
    - GW2 maintains its 1 million.
    - Warhammer 40k MMO starts with under a million subscribers. Considered a flop despite it being a very playable game.
    - Most F2P games are now considered "dead".

- WoW drops to 7 million subscribers - new content is largely being ignored.
    - Rift is dead.
    - SWTOR attempts to "remake" itself. It becomes unplayable. Dies.
    - Tera maintains 5 million subscribers.
    - GW2 is up to 1.5 million subscribers.
    - Titan is launched. 10 million purchases. 2 million people playing it the month after.
    - Warhammer 40k MMO maintains its 500k players, refuses to go to F2P and "die like the rest".

- WoW is down to 5 million subscribers. "Old Expansion Servers" are launched. Ignored.
    - Tera is up to 6 million subscribers, and is hailed as the WoW killer - however, the company that makes it isn't supporting it anymore because it's no longer popular in Korea.
    - GW3 in production. GW2 is down to under 1 million subscribers.
    - Titan releases new content, up to 2 million subscribers.
    - Warhammer 40k dies (and it makes me sad!).

- WoW is down to 3 million subscribers. Most of these are gold sellers or bots.
    - Tera dies despite much raging from the crowd.

(This is a fun game. I wonder if people will look back on this post and say "how did she KNOW?!")

haha clueless... Tera is failing in Korea atm, and its just another Korean Grindfest. GW2 don't have subscribers as their is no monthly fee..
    SWToR is the only mmorpg before titan that will have more then 1mil subscribers. My guess SWTOR will land around 3mil.

The only thing that you might be correct about is Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    TSW launches a MMO about the apocalypse in 2012, world ends week later.

Would say atleast add reasoning to predictions, make your homework see what regions it will launch in. Know the current estimated size of those region mmo markets. Then again gaming forum and fans probably expect everyone to praise their game and claim everything else will die "because i said so"
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    console games, well most single player games as it is, useually only have about 6 maybe 7 hours of gameplay before they burnout.
    MMOs must have hundreds even thousands of hours of content.
    Exactly, console games have only a fraction of gameplay yet they're B2P and sell great, GW2 will have no problems.

Lol this thread i filled with so many fanboys with their biased predictions. Quite a laugh, thanks.
    Lol this thread i filled with so many fanboys,BIOWARE ROX and every1 who doesn't agree with me is a fanboy or has biased predictions,kthxbbyetyvm
    There,fixed that for you.

Also,Titan won't fail.It simply cannot.

Late 2013 (Or 2012?);
    Titan is released by Blizzard

Early 2014;
    Titan draws in both the Call of Duty and WoW crowd with it's mix of FPS and MMORPG elements climbing to 10 million subscribers by November

2015;
    Titan reaches 20 million subscribers, development on WoW is ceased as last expansion is released bringing level cap to 100

2016;
    Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    list of predictions
    Hehe if more than 75% of that becomes true i will buy you a Titan Gamecard in the future
    Who knows really. You could be spot on or totally wrong.

Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    There,fixed that for you.

Also,Titan won't fail.It simply cannot.
    You fail. My post was unbiased as can be because I didn't post anything that could be biased. You somehow managed to show that you're a biased fanboy after only a few words though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016;
    I lol'ed at this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post

2016;
    lol - this. No matter what happens, Blizzard will be on the moon in 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I can care less what anyone says the Buy to play model is going to fail epicallyyyyyyy when it comes to the EXTREME demands that the WoW/Aion/EQ/Rift/ everything else community wants.

Their is a cold chance they will keep pace. NCSoon will show there true colors real fast.

Console games release updates once every 6-9 months. Good damn luck having that patience with current mmo players
    Guild Wars is B2P, released content every 6 months, still manages up dates and still adds things to the game. Still one of the most popular MMO's around, not on the same level as WoW, but it's up there.

WoW releases content every 6-9 months if you haven't noticed...

How does B2P fail? Because all a sub pays for is support phone lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Maffo View Post
    haha clueless... Tera is failing in Korea atm, and its just another Korean Grindfest. GW2 don't have subscribers as their is no monthly fee..
    SWToR is the only mmorpg before titan that will have more then 1mil subscribers. My guess SWTOR will land around 3mil.

agree with you on tera, granted koreans are kinda weird when it comes to MMOs, but it might do well here in the states or in the euros.
    rift might be able to save its self from its stillbirth, but looking at how they're handling the class balance issues i doubt so.
    i have high hopes for SW:ToR, a sci fi epic MMORPG is a fairly vacant void in the market.
    and with WoW i have no clue what the think, blizzard does two thinks very well: ban and keep secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Guild Wars is B2P, released content every 6 months, still manages up dates and still adds things to the game. Still one of the most popular MMO's around, not on the same level as WoW, but it's up there.

WoW releases content every 6-9 months if you haven't noticed...

How does B2P fail? Because all a sub pays for is support phone lines.
    Now that is bull. WoW pumps it out every 3-4 months if not faster. It would be faster it they would give up on the stupidity of Titan and put their real devs back on their cash cow that people would be happy to play until they die of old age.

Rift barely gets away with going past 1 month without content updates. Trust me no B2P mmo is going to maintain it. Once NCSoft starts wanting to put that money into Aion or Blade and Soul the funds for Guild Wars 2 are going to dry up and development is going to slow down.

Stop calling SWToR a MMORPG. It simply does not meet the requirements. It is a single player RPG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maffo View Post

That's the first I've heard about it failing in popularity - if so, then it may decline before Titan hits due to lack of interest and support.

How unfortunate - I really like the idea of the third person action-based combat and AI-controlled enemies that learn.