Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePhan1234 View Post
    Nerfing the dots but buffing the instants, weird....

I do understand the DP nerf though, the instant damage you can put out while running by spamming it is a bit much.
    And makes you go OOM faster than you can say....well, OOM! Trust me...the mana cost of DP more than offset the ability to spam it while moving. No need to nerf it like they did.

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 03:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Heket View Post
    Im pretty sure these nerfs will not be a dps increase in any circumstances
    Don't really care what anyone from elitist jerks says cause they have always been clueless about shadow priests.
    Stupid Nerf even if they'd nerfed 2/3 it would have been to much but to nerf VT DP and Sw : p is far to much.
    And no doubt the pvpers will QQ About mindblast being OP and that will get nerfed.
    Then we're stuck as we where 3years ago doing crap damage and being a mana battery! fun -.-
    We won't even be a good mana battery at that, seeing as how replenishment has been nerfed into the ground and so many other classes bring it now as well. So we'll just be stuck doing crap damage and that's it. -_-

The problem with nerfing sp's is that we can't really do as much as a lot of other classes. If you compare us to a boomkin they got slows, knockbacks, innervate, combat ress, aoe silence/interupt and an awesome transquility. We got what, a weak divine hymn? Shadowpriests are probably one of the classes with the least utility, the only reason to bring one is because they are one of the top damage dealers, take that away and there's absolutely no reason to bring one, we can't even interupt unless we give up dps talents because blizzard still believe imp psychic scream should be required to get silence. We don't bring any buffs that you can't easily get elsewhere either.

Deleted
    Shadowpriests are probably one of the classes with the least utility, the only reason to bring one is because they are one of the top damage dealers, take that away and there's absolutely no reason to bring one
    funny enough this is exactly what those alleged "pure" classes said about why there needed to be a hybrid tax *chuckle*

Looking at my combatlogs I would say on a pure tank 'n spank patchwerklike fight I do roughly 40% to 50% damage with direct damage (MB, MF, apperitions, SWD) and 60% to 50% damage with Dots (VT, SWP, DP-ticks, imp DP [as it's damage is based on the dot-damage]). So on fights where I can stand completly still and do nat have to worry about anything but nuking the boss this changes should probably do nothing to my dps.
    If I have to move (and in current content you have to move twice even on Argaloth ...), the changes should lead to a noticeble drop in DPS and en even more noticeble DPSdrop for anyone not having 4xT12 bonus ...

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    I'd rather a smarter nerf tbh.

Take this nerf, but let DP have an added effect 'increases dot damage by 12%'. Kind of like a more complex bane of havoc

ooo i like this get it posted on the wow official forums :P

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/oo0r1...17/?s=95&e=349

This log is from a Baradin Hold earlier in the week, my gear is about 359, so roughly heroic raid ready. By looking through the damage percentage of my spells, it's come out to this:

1. Mind Flay - 27.8%
    2. Vampiric Touch - 20.7%
    3. Mind Blast - 19.1%
    4. Shadow Word: Pain - 13.2%
    5. Devouring Plague - 9.8%
    6. Shadow Word: Death - 5.6%
    7. Improved Devouring Plague - 3.4%

Now when those are added all together.. Direct Damage (Mind Flay, Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Death) vs. Periodic Damage (Vampiric Touch, Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague) looks to be roughly X% of your damage:

Direct Damage = 52.5% Damage
    Periodic Damage = 43.7% Damage
    (Note, leaving out Imp. Devouring Plague for now, not really much for doing that math at the moment).

This little breakdown would make one assume that the DOT nerf isn't an overall nerf. However keep in mind that this is very limited fight in terms of movement, so the more movement being done, the more noticeable the damage reduction on DOTs will likely become. Also, a lot of RNG will determine the damage of Periodic Spells versus Direct Damage Spells, primarily the proc rate of Shadow Orbs. Also, with the 4set T12, it leaves many variables that will alter the current DPS state and manner of Shadow Priests.

These upcoming changes leave me excited about the class, it should have an effect on how they're played, particularly in spell priority. Bring it on 4.2
    Last edited by Warkol; 2011-05-16 at 01:47 AM. Reason: grammatical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warkol View Post
    Baradin Hold
    1. Mind Flay - 27.8%
    2. Vampiric Touch - 20.7%
    3. Mind Blast - 19.1%
    4. Shadow Word: Pain - 13.2%
    5. Devouring Plague - 9.8%
    6. Shadow Word: Death - 5.6%
    7. Improved Devouring Plague - 3.4%

Direct Damage = 52.5% Damage
    Periodic Damage = 43.7% Damage
    The fight it's not a good example on how our dots work m8, you already pointed out though.
    In fights with adds the nerf in our dots it's severe and will throw us in the bottom of the pit, for example from our last night Maloriak HC kill

Vampiric Touch - 3269931 28.4 %
    Shadow Word: Pain - 2286667 19.9 %
    Devouring Plague - 855461 7.4 %
    Improved Devouring Plague - 237239 2.1 %

My dots are the 57.8 of my DPS, during the black phase they are almost the only dps source due to the heavy movement, imagine this nerfed across the board by 12% it's too much.

To be honest i don't think will make it live, or at least i hope, it's obviously that blizzard want to make us to value our direct/channeled spells(MB,MF) higher than our dots accounting the buff on them and the 4pc set, and i can't say i like it, i' used to be a dot class, i mastered it, i like to multidot trash packs add and dual bosses get this from me and you're taking all the fun than makes me playing my SP as a main since the beginning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    The fight it's not a good example on how our dots work m8, you already pointed out though.
    In fights with adds the nerf in our dots it's severe and will throw us in the bottom of the pit, for example from our last night Maloriak HC kill

Vampiric Touch - 3269931 28.4 %
    Shadow Word: Pain - 2286667 19.9 %
    Devouring Plague - 855461 7.4 %
    Improved Devouring Plague - 237239 2.1 %

My dots are the 57.8 of my DPS, during the black phase they are almost the only dps source due to the heavy movement, imagine this nerfed across the board by 12% it's too much.
    Have you tryed MS on dark phases also? I did it on my latest kills and my dps was about the same as before 4.1, but on Maloriak DI goes to boomkins or/and mages. The nerf will be significant on fights like V&T, Omnotron or Magmaw hc with 2 active targets whole fight like others said here, but on those fights we are op.

Overall I think will be a nerf also on single target fights. With all this movement on every fight, even on Atramedes dots are doing more dmg then direct spells. And I dont see much fights with limited movement like Chimaeron in the near future. I dont care what set bonuses are on some random tiers, its a bad thing to balance a class around a set bonus. Should be done the other way.

What a silly idea as ppl have said. We have nothing but dmg, at least let us be able to use our freakin Mind Control for some cc in raids too. We can't even dispel fellow raid members in Shadow form anymore (unless you want to waste mana and time on Mass Dispel), so are we really still truly a hybrid class?

Don't really see a problem where dots are out-doing many spells in a movement fight, so what, that's the nature of dots, a spriest is about dots as Blizz made perfectly clear with Cataclysm....fook can they ever make up their minds!! Sounds like their so called balancing is done but the RNG itself!!

Can't wait to see the kitty buffs and renerfs as well @_@ Who runs that department for them, honestly.... o.o
    Last edited by Southern; 2011-05-16 at 02:05 PM.

WTB Changes
    Warlock:
    Affliction : Soul Swap permanently deleted.
    Mana Tap now have CD of 1.5 min.

Druid:
    Balance: Mana cost of all balance spell's increased by 50%.

And we are the only spell dps spec that can not cast while moving without going OOM 4.2... What the hell? Where our glyph/bonus: MF can be channeled while moving.

If i've to be honest, falling slighty behind classes like Locks or Druids is fine. Both have their complexity...

The problem is falling behind classes wich do not involve more then a 2 key (3 on procs) bashing.Hope they at least reconsider devouring plague nerf.

Druids and warlocks more complex than SP's? Not even close with infinite mana. Mb warlocks, but not druids, definitly not druids. Our mastery is the most complex mechanic to track right now.

p.s. Cool nick for shaman )

15+ Year Old Account
    Bet the SW: D buff is just a laugh and there will be bosses where you won't even think about SWing.

Maybe if they increased the number of apparitions, made them move faster, and increased the chance of them spawning?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Well druids that want to squeeze everything from their mechanics have to know how to manage their eclipse states. A guy in my guild is very good at this, despite he has a lower ilevel, at aoe fights ends to be pretty close to me, recount wise.

And btw, i didn't say "more complex" then us, i said "complex" classes compared to other DPS counterparts.

We as s.priests, are obsessed with refreshing/tracking everything pops up in the monitor, Locks dealing with their somewhat clumsy loong rotations, druids that have to decide when to enter eclipse for AoE or Single target while looking at 1000 different things.
    Why shouldn't be us on top of the chain?

If it was me behind the class designing, i'd simply put not a crap "hybrid" tax but rather a "keybinds"tax.

If ur rotation is 1-1-1-1-2 or 1-1-2-3- for 4 minutes straight, u should stay behind tanks dpswise.

Don't really think it's unfair, shadow was way too good in multi-dot-fights. It's more like a nerf to aoe a bit and give shadow more single-target damage.

It's basically going to make multidotting less tempting. I don't think it's unfair either, it's not right to punish the DD specs on fights with shared health pools or adds, ESPECIALLY when shadow priests are also high on single target fights. It's a gimmick, and I hate to say it but shadow priests are being carried by it, that and Dark intent though it was nerfed recently.

It's a very difficult one to fix without taking away slightly what a shadow priest is all about. They're fixing moonkins hopefully by shifting their 'system' slightly, but with shadow there's very little to play with except shadow orbs and the dots themselves. You can nerf the chance of proccing orbs but then this lowers damage of MB overall, but you might as well just nerf the dots themselves. The only other way of fixing it is to take away shared health pools or adds on a fight. Well that's not going to happen unless you want OTs crying all over the place.

Affliction warlocks will be next anyway.

It's an overall nerf. If shadow priest's dps fall into the middle tier then a serious raid will reconsider bringing any to a 25man raid. Definitely no reason to bring them to 10man atm.

SW has very limited usage especially in nearly all (maybe all?) heroic fights where raid damage is already insane. Healers won't appreciate us using SW twice in a row. Btw, 12% buff to SW is probably still too low to allow it in normal rotation. So, we end up with 3 nerfs and 2 buffs.
    Any nerf to any class or spec in any way is a nerf to your raid. So if you PvE, stop your self-righteous remarks and silly arguments. Think for your raid, not yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adilina View Post
    Definitely no reason to bring them to 10man atm.
    Sorry but either you are a terrible SP or you have terrible SPs in your group.
    SP excels at almost every fight due to the many add/bosses in most of them if he is very good+ at multidotting.
    Magmaw,ODS,Atramedes,Halfus,V&T,Council,Cho'gall we rock on them.

I don't have a priest but I know their dots are INSANE. Dot you up and then LoS/run/disperse and game over.

I am a shadow priest and I am 2nd on dps chart only next to a hunter. I am a guild officer and I help leading a 25man raid. I say I don't stand a position in a 10man team coz I can't control mobs, can't interrupt, can't bring extra useful buffs as a priest healer is almost mandatory in an ideal team, can't provide any useful cd to the raid, and can't aoe before the mind sear buff. I'd happily trade my dps edge for any class that can provide one of the above utilities. By the way, none Cata fight has excruciating requirement for dps so dps is my last thing to worry about.

Btw, stick to the point, don't judge others by what they say.
    Any nerf to any class or spec in any way is a nerf to your raid. So if you PvE, stop your self-righteous remarks and silly arguments. Think for your raid, not yourself.