Page 76 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry, I don't get it. If you don't like the service, don't pay for it. I have never once bought a pet or mount from the store, paid for a character recustomization, race changed, or faction changed. I do not have mobile armory, or remote guild chat.

I also don't complain about the fact that they cost money.

I hate to sound like a flaming troll, but... why is everyone whining about something that doesn't really effect them at all? Just don't pay for the service. There are tons of ways around this feature that don't cost an extra monthly fee. Reroll on your friend's server. Have your friend reroll on yours. Hand a L1 character on your main server a full set of BoAs and 20kg, and then transfer him to play with your friend.

Oh, oh! Or here's another fantastic idea! Play WoW with your guild, and then go see your friend IRL! And if you aren't close enough to see them IRL, talk to them on Facebook and play Farmville with them, or something! I KNOW, IT'S CRAZY!

This thread, and all of the threads about this topic on the official forums... it just goes to show that people will whine about absolutely anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    I'm sure none of us will miss you. Just like nobody misses anyone who goes out kicking and screaming like a child.

I mean, I could sit here and recap what I did last night about how this isn't a big deal, changes nothing, this isn't a precursor to some crazy event that will end the World of Warcraft. It's just a simple case of "I WANT THIS MOMMY GIMME GIMME WAAHH WHY WON'T YOU LISTEN TO ME." - It's hard to see that it's that way from the standpoint of the one throwing the temper tantrum.

BUTTTT. There's no point in that because people have explained it far more logically than I have and people scream at them like they're a witch needing to be burned at the stake. :3
    This. Well said.

That's the thing. I'm not going to be paying extra for something that I'm already paying for.

My $15 a month allows me access to the Warcraft servers and allows me to play the game that was created. That's what your $15 a month allows you too. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't know where this notion that your $15 allows you to gain access to everything Blizzard ever does came from, but it's definitely a misconception.

It's been used before, but it's like paying money to get into an amusement park and then expecting all of the concessions to come free. It just doesn't work that way.

Most of the arguments here are flawed and presented in a way the only someone who is flustered about not getting their way would do. It's sad, but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughriot View Post
    Sorry, I don't get it. If you don't like the service, don't pay for it. I have never once bought a pet or mount from the store, paid for a character recustomization, race changed, or faction changed. I do not have mobile armory, or remote guild chat.

I hate to sound like a flaming troll, but... why is everyone whining about something that doesn't really effect them at all? Just don't pay for the service. There are tons of ways around this feature that don't cost an extra monthly fee. Reroll on your friend's server. Have your friend reroll on yours. Hand a L1 character on your main server a full set of BoAs and 20kg, and then transfer him to play with your friend.

Oh, oh! Or here's another fantastic idea! Play WoW with your guild, and then go see your friend IRL! And if you aren't close enough to see them IRL, talk to them on Facebook and play Farmville with them, or something! I KNOW, IT'S CRAZY!

This thread, and all of the threads about this topic on the official forums... it just goes to show that people will whine about absolutely anything.
    Maybe because you don't understand the situation? and you should actually read what people write?

people are upset because;

a) it is a premium, in-game service on top of an already pay-to-play (e.g. "Premium") game
    b) It is content that subscriptions should be paying for, but instead are being developed with subscription money and being sold as extra features (double dipping)
    c) It is just a continuation of the "slippery slope" paradigm that future content will be "premium"

try to keep up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    Theres a limit to how far you can push. This WILL enhance your gameplay value/experience and a lot of ppl are touchy about this. Blizzard should be carefull when they start charging extra for something that is only a minimal upgrade to an alrdy existing service. It's not like they need to hire new ppl to code a fresh new app for a completely different platform. The alrdy have all the knowledge, ppl and experience with coding WoW, so there is 0 reason why this should be a payed service. Afterall, I didn't see a bill on my doormat for the revamped battle.net which was way more work than this will be.
    This'll really enhance your gameplay THAT much? Really?

Deleted
    That's the thing. I'm not going to be paying extra for something that I'm already paying for.

It's been used before, but it's like paying money to get into an amusement park and then expecting all of the concessions to come free. It just doesn't work that way.
    This is exactly the point. When I pay to play, I pay to play ALL of WoW, not just part of it. If they are gonna sell it piece by piece, they should have stated so from the beginning. We are already extra paying to every X-pack, which I believe no other p2p MMO ever does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiranak View Post
    Maybe because you don't understand the situation? and you should actually read what people write?

people are upset because;

a) it is a premium, in-game service on top of an already pay-to-play (e.g. "Premium") game
    b) It is content that subscriptions should be paying for, but instead are being developed with subscription money and being sold as extra features (double dipping)
    c) It is just a continuation of the "slippery slope" paradigm that future content will be "premium"

try to keep up
    Nope, I understand all of that. I read the thread.

And my point still stands proudly, completely unblemished by the whining complaints presented by you and others in this thread.

If you don't like the feature, don't pay for it. Period. Your game play experience will not have changed in the slightest from what it is now, and neither will the amount of money you are giving to Blizzard. You will not be at a disadvantage in any way.

Just don't give them extra money. I've been following that philosophy since the very first premium services were added. It's not hard at all.

You are literally complaining about something that doesn't effect you.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

ok gona join in on the discussion.
    i think blizz has its priorities all scrambled and thats doin them more bad than good. they spend time changin warlock pets genders (why they ever thought about doin this i dont even know) say that it will take some work,( and btw this only impacts locks not any1 else!!!) and they dotn charge any extra. now they think of adding a feature to real-id that imo should have been there in the first place, that can increase wows subs again to reduce the impact of the 600k they lost, and yet they make us pay for it? i mean it takes work but u wont charge for changin a class pet's genders, but smthin that can impact the whole community and increase the social aspect of the game, makin perhaps more coming bk and u make it so that we have to pay? if it was including raids ok i can see that we may have to pay even though that would suck, but hcs and dungeons? realy blizz, realy?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hollycrapp View Post
    This is exactly the point. When I pay to play, I pay to play ALL of WoW, not just part of it. If they are gonna sell it piece by piece, they should have stated so from the beginning. We are already extra paying to every X-pack, which I believe no other p2p MMO ever does.
    You should've been crying the second they announced server transfers and all of that, then. Because this is the EXACT. SAME. THING.

You're currently not paying for ALL of WoW because there are MANY paid features that you aren't using. This is the sammmmmmme thing.

My $15 a month allows me access to the Warcraft servers and allows me to play the game that was created. That's what your $15 a month allows you too. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't know where this notion that your $15 allows you to gain access to everything Blizzard ever does came from, but it's definitely a misconception.

Most of the arguments here are flawed and presented in a way the only someone who is flustered about not getting their way would do. It's sad, but true.
    It's just your opinion.

Yes. My opinion is that my $15 a month allows me access to the Blizzard servers... even though that's literally what the $15 a month is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium...

yeah...

Dear Activision,

Please leave Blizzard in control of thier own comapany you money grabbing rtards.

Zyger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

got exited till i saw it a paid service...now it dont matter to me that they finally implementing that into game

You should've been crying the second they announced server transfers and all of that, then. Because this is the EXACT. SAME. THING.

You're currently not paying for ALL of WoW because there are MANY paid features that you aren't using. This is the sammmmmmme thing.
    It's not the same thing actually, I don't know if you've read my previous posts but let me explain it here:

Server transfers made my server worse. No really they did. I'm pretty sure Blizzard indeed stated THAT is why they cost money.

This new feature cannot harm a server. It cannot harm the game.
    Last edited by Zeshiro; 2011-05-18 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coldfront View Post
    Most working jobs these days would cover the cost of the paid service for cross realm real id dungeons, in 1 hour max 2 hours.

You can't afford 1-2 hours of work to pay for it?

lol irl
    Ok, you're obviously not good at math, so I should be polite and ignore you. I'll try to be nice to you. If anyone actually works 40 hours per week, 2 hours represents 5% of their income. If someone has a second job, they might work 50 hours per week, so it'd only represent 4% of their income.

You think it's reasonable to pay 5% of your income on extra features of a game you already pay about $200 per year for?

If so, I'm guessing you have a LOT of debt. And probably a few bankruptcies in your past.

10+ Year Old Account

Because unlike those store pets/mounts or other paid things, this is something that has been on the wanted list since RealID was introduced (maybe even before that). Even Blizzard themselves have stated on more than 1 occasion that hey like the idea of being able to teamup with your friends who are not on your sever is awesome. Add to that, that this crossrealm inviting will enhance gameplay experience and value by a lot. Maybe you should consider the reason why ppl complain rather than comparing them to yourself and how you don't need it so why should anyway else?

Yh that is crazy! So is the whole idea of multiplay with friends right? I mean why should you need friendslist at all? Just go see them outside! Well dude, you obv have no friends who play the games you play. It's a lot more fun playing a game with friends than it is with ppl who you only know online. Yh go imagine that for a moment... ppl who actually have friends with similar interests and who even play the same game!

Quote Originally Posted by goozen View Post
    Why should it be included? they already have paid relm transfer if you want to play with firends on diffrent relms. All this dose is gives you the comfort of doing 5 mans (like people do that anymore) and still stay with your guild.
    Because they pay for the development from our 13€/month?

Yes. My opinion is that my $15 a month allows me access to the Blizzard servers... even though that's literally what the $15 a month is.
    Many peoples opinion will be that $15 is enough to cover this addition. But then again what do I care, I would never use this waste of development time anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogie View Post
    Ok, you're obviously not good at math, so I should be polite and ignore you. I'll try to be nice to you. If anyone actually works 40 hours per week, 2 hours represents 5% of their income. If someone has a second job, they might work 50 hours per week, so it'd only represent 4% of their income.

You think it's reasonable to pay 5% of your income on extra features of a game you already pay about $200 per year for?

If so, I'm guessing you have a LOT of debt. And probably a few bankruptcies in your past.
    You only work one week per month?

Deleted

Server transfers does not affect my gameplay at all. I look at it as a favor for a price. Ok I screwed up, I made my char on a realm I have no business, can I please to another, I will pay. You still can do the same things ingame, nothing changed. I get tired of the looks of my char - can I change that, sure, for a price. Even plastic surgeons have to make some profit. Having a different mount or pet or being on different realm/having different looks does not change your dps/heals/speed/speed of points grinding. This does, it's not the same thing.