Deleted

Tailoring for a holy priest ( the 580 spirit proc )

how would you value that 580 spirit for 15 seconds Proc, compared to other proffesion perks ? im looking for a second proffession to level on my priest instead of herbalism, and tailoring caught my eyes.

thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tailoring's int bonus is BIS for caster dps, and both the int proc and spirit proc are bad ass for healing priests. Which you choose is entirely based around your needs

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    I have tailoring for my priest. Tailoring is one of the only professions that doesn't give a standard +80 intel benefit, and I personally prefer the cloak enchant to the +80 int. Also don't forget that there is also an intel proc option for that cloak enchant if you like intel procs. It's really a personal preference thing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

Deleted
    i would go for the 580 spirit one as stated in the post i gues i will lvl tailoring, allways wanted a flying carpet anyways ! lul

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit wont be worth it once you have gear.

Int will outweigh it a retarded amount.
    "Like the ancient tibetan philosophy states; dont start none, wont be none."
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Lord Monichromicorn?
    Where is my gooooooooooooold
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley
    Lord Monichromicorn

Wheres my candy
    da best ^

Deleted
    i just gave it a second thought, and realised that its not even 80 int im losing, its actually 130int im losing by choosing tailoring, i think i will go with enchanting instead. BB flying carpet

Deleted
    No you're loosing 80 int. There's a normal +50 int enchant for that what you mean ^^.

Deleted
    losing 50 int ( thats the normal enchant on cloak instead of tailoring ) and then im loosing additional 80 int by choosing tailoring instead of for instance enhanting. 50+80=130

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbgz View Post
    losing 50 int ( thats the normal enchant on cloak instead of tailoring ) and then im loosing additional 80 int by choosing tailoring instead of for instance enhanting. 50+80=130
    Except that the proc :-

- Lasts 15 seconds
    - Has a 45 second IcD
    - If figured to take about 5 seconds to reproc.

So assuming it procs asap that means its active for 15 seconds every 65 seconds which when mathed out comes out at about 130 (133 to be exact) intellect. Thats the same as your lost 50 int + 80 ring enchants.

Edit: The math would look like (15/65) * 580 = 133.846.

Deleted
    yes but the int buff comes to about an average increase of 130 int according to ej so you're not losing anything infact its on par with the other professions.

So assuming it procs asap that means its active for 15 seconds every 65 seconds which when mathed out comes out at about 130 (133 to be exact) intellect. Thats the same as your lost 50 int + 80 ring enchants.
    Just wondering, but doesn't the enchant go in ICD when it proccs, rather than when it falls off? So the actual ICD is would only be 30 seconds AFTER the duration ends, so wouldn't it be correct to use 15/50 (because of your bonus 5 seconds), rather than 15/65? or is the 45 seconds AFTER the buff ends?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Just wondering, but doesn't the enchant go in ICD when it proccs, rather than when it falls off? So the actual ICD is would only be 30 seconds AFTER the duration ends, so wouldn't it be correct to use 15/50 (because of your bonus 5 seconds), rather than 15/65? or is the 45 seconds AFTER the buff ends?
    Im not too sure about this one honestly. Everywhere, including EJ lists the same figures I came out with and those guys tend to know what they are doing, so I can only assume im right in my math. So if I were correct, that would mean the ICD starts once the proc falls off.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Im not too sure about this one honestly. Everywhere, including EJ lists the same figures I came out with and those guys tend to know what they are doing, so I can only assume im right in my math. So if I were correct, that would mean the ICD starts once the proc falls off.
    Yeah I know, it also would grant too much INT if the ICD started with the procc, but it just seems to make more sense (since otherwise there'd be the possibility to procc it again while it's active).

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, go tailoring

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Trust me, go tailoring
    Agreed, and I have no clue on the whole int vs spirit thing(i personally run heavy spirit, might need to go math that out... 4k spirit in raid might be tooooo much xD, without the cloak proc), but the cloaks are defently amazing. 580 spirit is really nice if you are just starting out and need that spirit(or if you're a spirit whore like me), and the int is amazing for dps and healz. IMO the best profession for casters.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    IMO the best profession for casters.
    Agreed. You have the choice of two procs, both very strong in their own rite, that give you the most desired stat in either INT or Spirit for your chosen role. The Lightweave INT proc can be better for big CD classes like Magi and Combustion, but its incredibly strong and either competitive or superior to other prof bonuses if you're intelligent about using the procs.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use the spirit proc - I am typically limited to 5-man content, but chain run ZA and ZG with little to no issues, usually without replen, and usually with a less than perfect tank (gear, gemming, reforging, etc).

I have little to no mana issues. Darkglow, how I love thee.

still running JC BS on the priest healer. (Please ignore the armory as I swap to a shadow spec and lots of custom specs depending on what progression we are working through the week. )

I've had tailor early in tbc right through to wrath, leatherworking in sunwell, I've done the enchanting and alchemy thing... yup did engineering late wrath for H LK and H halion.

Granted the change of int nerfed some of the str of BS, i'm still riding with this, things change and I haven't found a game changing skill that goes beyond,... perhaps alchemy which i'm set up for, but I don't think will be needed through latter teirs.

What are your thoughts?

I"m pretty cozy with my setup atm. Asking, where or what do you see as the next big thing?

BS/JC isn't bad. compared to Tailoring where you get a procc, JC/BS provides a constant +160 int, which really isn't too bad, and also RELIABLE, which most healers prefer.