Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck cares if old content is getting nerfed?
    What matters is new one to be competitive and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucialus View Post
    The nerfs are for normal-mode only.
    I didn't see the line item stating that this was the case for EVERY ENCOUNTER. Since it's unspecified for fights in (for example) Blackwing Descent in this post, do you have access to another blue post indicating that all the nerfs are normal only?

Why do this when you can do firelands at the time of 4.2?

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Well what would you call a 20% damage/health nerf of all encounters if not catering to casuals?

id call a 20% damage/health nerf a raid boss thats 1/5th easier.

Blizzard is trying to avoid what they did in BC, which I somewhat liked. Remember? You couldnt do BT in Tier 4 lol. Guilds had to work their way up to the current content. What blizzard is doing here is they are just making that process easier for guilds that start after Firelands is released so they dont spend the next 5 months to get into Firelands, which by that time Firelands would be outdated.

Why are people so surprised? Things always get nerfed when new content comes out. Look at it this way, better to hop on your alt in 372 gear rather then 359 for Firelands. When T13 comes out, expect the same nerf to Firelands to happen and for another thread that starts with "Zomg did they just nerf Firelands?!?!?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerrielin View Post
    I didn't see the line item stating that this was the case for EVERY ENCOUNTER. Since it's unspecified for fights in (for example) Blackwing Descent in this post, do you have access to another blue post indicating that all the nerfs are normal only?
    A little looking provides your answer.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...updates-for-42

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    With the upcoming content patch, 10 and 25-person Normal mode raid encounters will be receiving a comprehensive set of tuning adjustments to decrease their difficulty.

These changes will allow players, groups, and guilds who have yet to experience the content in Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, and Throne of the Four Winds an opportunity to do so.

With the addition of a new tier of armour and weapons, we want to make the previous tier more accessible and so we are making item level 359 gear purchasable for Justice points in the upcoming content patch.

Read the updated patch notes here to see the current list of changes:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2251127#blog

Please note that all adjustments are subject to change based on the current 4.2 testing on the PTR.
    Can this be added to the original news post? People that don't look beyond what's right in front of them need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild has yet to finish up the 3 normal mode raids. We are all down to the last boss in each. After dealing with guildies running raids that never seem to pay attention the officers finally laid down the law and now we can go in there and try to finish up what we couldn’t get done with the a.d.d. people mixed in. That is the problem you have when you are in a guild that doesn’t want to hurt people’s feelings if they don’t get invited. I don’t think we are a lesser guild for not having finished it. I know we have the people in our guild that can get the job done, but I want to do it before the nerf hits so I can feel some sense of accomplishment.
    It’s really not fair to cut down a guild that may not have finished up raids because they may have a similar situation as our guild does. We have people that could be in hardcore guilds and be very successful, but are getting held back by people’s lack of attention doesn’t help.

Deleted
    Who cares if the nerf old content? I'll never ever visit these raids except to gear up my alts or to farm shards, gold or whatever.

Can't say i'm overly shocked but seriously wtfmeganerf!! I'm only 10/12 normal so should probably be welcoming this. But honestly I'm not going to have a shot at neff/al'akir before the nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Seekzor View Post
    I know they always nerf old content when new comes out but this is just over the top, sad to see Blizzard catering to all crybabies, this is coming from someone who haven't even cleared the content yet. Biggest nerf to content I've seen since 3.0.
    ICC was nerfed much harder than that by the end. 30% buff, damage reductions over time to mobs. 30% buff alone made ICC massively easier over time. I much prefer nerfing the mobs/bosses than buffing players to extreme amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by krelios View Post
    This comes along with Firelands--not sure how you can say there's no new tier content... Oh wait, yes I can, you're not paying attention.
    Yeah sorry, i missed the huge post on the front page stating that Firelands comes tomorrow...oh wait, there's not even a date for the next content patch. Must be tough to be you...

Deleted
    Top/Better than avg players cleared the t11 content already or only have a few hc modes or sinestra only left. The "Tuning adjustments" aka nerfs will only hit when 4.2 goes live. That means the Top/better than avg players will be in Firelands, so i don't really know why would they care? They will already have better gear then the small guilds which are slowly progressing in the t11 tier. They will see Ragna before them. They will have the new drakes before them. They will have the v2.0 titles before them. And they already disenchanted the gear which the "casual" player obtained on the same day 3 months after him...

10+ Year Old Account
    OUCH!

All Raid bosses have my sincere condolences.....
    let's put in a minute of silence, out of respect...

Good to see those nerf. Like a cotton on a huge bleeding wound though considering end-game state atm. Not sure if it will be enough to keep veteran casual players from cancelling their subs though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post
    Yeah sorry, i missed the huge post on the front page stating that Firelands comes tomorrow...oh wait, there's not even a date for the next content patch. Must be tough to be you...
    They're 4.2 notes, meaning this shit isn't going live until 4.2, meaning that this won't go live until Firelands is here, meaning this won't GO LIVE UNTIL THERE'S A NEW TIER.

Thereby invalidating every single thing you bitched about pages back. Thanks.

I'm sure one of the reasons T11 has been nerfed is because most of your main toons will be raiding T12, and it makes it easier to gear your alts so they can raid T12 as well. Its not like your toons alt toons will be able to beast through with 346-353 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    If you haven't cleared all the raids by now, chances are you never will.
    If you have cleared the raids, you have your pre-nerf achievement.

Dunno why anyone is mad about this, it happens in every content patch since ZG vanilla.
    Agree with this really.
    Besides, I see nothing wrong with other people (yes even ''omg the bad players'') seeing the content, I've had my share of fun in those raids and if these nerfs mean that a lot of other people will too, it's perfectly fine.

Stop the whine please my scrub alts needed this nerf

Deleted
    Is this crap serious ?

Those nerfs seem waaaaay OTT and unecessary to me.
    Meh what do I care I'm not raiding anymore, but still kinda stupid nerfs, the gear inflation would have suficed to crush the old tier now it will be a total joke.