Where can i tame the molten turtle?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    www.wow-petopia.com

That site gives you any information regarding pets you might need.
    Rathian - 85 Enh Shaman
    Cavatus - 85 Druid
    Barroth - 85 Prot Pally
    Basarios- 85 MM Hunter
    Yes, I play male tauren. No, I am not a guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Mount hyjal, outside the molten spire
    he's Named Terrorpene.

edit: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=50058 wowhead link, he spawns around those dots :b

Download NPC_Scan and NPC_Scan Overlay. I do not know how people hunt rares without these. It will show you where he and others are.
    Opulence. I has it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llcjay1 View Post
    Download NPC_Scan and NPC_Scan Overlay. I do not know how people hunt rares without these. It will show you where he and others are.
    Flying mount + track beasts. I know it's not as effective as NPC_Scan, but it's worked for every rare I've tamed.

Don't forget to dismiss your current pet!

Quote Originally Posted by daydayhyphy View Post
    What a disappointment! I finally came across the molton turtle in Hyjal but forgot to dismiss my level 100 pet! I started the tame cycle but of course it didn't work with an active pet and my pet flew down and killed the turtle before I realized what a ---- mistake I had made LOL!

Deleted
    I would also suggest realm hopping, I managed to get all the rare pets I was after by doing this

NPCScan just flat out doesn't work anymore for anything old. It only goes off when you mouse over a rare, which removes nearly all of the benefit this addon used to provide. If it's not a rare that can be shown on the minimap (I think they call them Vignette rares or something?) then it won't automatically alert you like it used to (it only works for wod and mop shit pretty much). It's probably best to have a macro that targets the mob you want, and realm hop until you see it with the macro. If you don't have it already, Cross Realm Assist is very useful for basically anything you do outside of instances.
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2015-11-03 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trictagon View Post
    NPCScan just flat out doesn't work anymore for anything old. It only goes off when you mouse over a rare, which removes nearly all of the benefit this addon used to provide. If it's not a rare that can be shown on the minimap (I think they call them Vignette rares or something?) then it won't automatically alert you like it used to (it only works for wod and mop shit pretty much). It's probably best to have a macro that targets the mob you want, and realm hop until you see it with the macro. If you don't have it already, Cross Realm Assist is very useful for basically anything you do outside of instances.
    Blizzard changed the API so that addons like NPC_Scan no longer 'automatically' scan without some input from the user. If you go into your keybinds, you will find NPC_Scan keybinds and there is one (I forget what it is called - let's call it 'Scan') and you assign a button to this. Now whenever you are looking for a rare, all yo uhave to do is press whatever button you assigned and it will scan the 40 yard range for 'any' rare NPC that NPC_Scan recognizes.

Yes, mouse-over works too however assigning and then pressing a button is much easier. So yes, use Download NPC_Scan and NPC_Scan Overlay.

PS: (Vignettes are programmed differently by Blizz so Blizz is okay with these NPCs automatically popping up when in range)