Page 1 of 257
... LastLast

[Megathread] Secret World Legends

The Secret World

Its a MMO game owned, developed and created by Funcom, co-published with EA
    the game is a massive multiplayer game with the theme of Conspiracy, Montsters and Secret societies.

Official Site
    Thesecretworld.com

Wiki
    Crygaia.net

Role-Play Forums
    The Sanctuary

Links To Recent Reviews
    Zam
    Ready-UP.net
    Nowgamer.com

Pre-orders Are Open
    Beta Weekend Starts May 11th
    Launch June 19th
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-04-30 at 08:26 PM.

Hmm, seem like another standard MMO, I think I'll wait for some more info before I make any decisions.

Interesting.
    I doubt it'll last.
    No leveling = even more players not knowing what they're doing, quicker burnouts, etc etc
    No classes = When I get bored of a class I typically move onto another, another spec isnt as satisfying.

It looks interesting, i like the idea of skills and those investigating quests seem interesting.Ofc downside is its Funcom, hope they do it better than AoC...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's Funcom, that means it's going to be the most creative and original concept in MMO history, which will get released as the most half-finished and unplayable piece of shit you can possibly imagine. One data point is an outlier. Two is a trend. Failcom has followed this pattern with AoC and AO. This will just be their next half-finished MMO bomb.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

¡ʎɔɐɹıdsuoɔ ˙ǝɹɐ ןןɐ ǝʍ ǝuıbɐɯı ı ˙ǝɯɐb sıɥʇ ɹoɟ pǝʇıɔxǝ ʎןןɐǝɹ

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have time to check (at work), but will it launch with Mac support? Or is it PC only?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    It's Funcom, that means it's going to be the most creative and original concept in MMO history, which will get released as the most half-finished and unplayable piece of shit you can possibly imagine. One data point is an outlier. Two is a trend. Failcom has followed this pattern with AoC and AO. This will just be their next half-finished MMO bomb.
    Well put.

Anyone who played AoC (and kept their eyes open) knows Funcom didn't give a damn about actually developing/polishing the game, once X number of retail boxes had been sold. I expect stunning visuals, jawdropping trailers, lots of promises about groundbreaking features - and nothing else.
    "I like to tank pugs. It toughens me up and makes my skin as thick as my armour." - mouseno4

10+ Year Old Account
    The story seems to be interesting

The rest of the game Not
    Last edited by Snakez; 2011-05-28 at 04:26 AM.

meh doesn't look that good to me.

only thing i'm looking forward to is guild wars 2.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    This type mmo might work, tho they need something to aim for. Gear, rewards. Things to be proud of.

•No leveling system --> hmm, okay. maybe its a good thing
    •familiar places of World --> I really like that.
    •Conspiracy theories of the world (finding clues in game) --> I also like this idea.
    •all "questgivers" talks --> why have quests when you cant leveling ?
    •No classes (freedom of play) --> They need some sort of diffrent classes.
    •our Modern time. --> I like the idea, we need some new stuff, just no dragon world.
    •thousands of weapons and powers. --> Oh yes, give me more ^^
    •dress what you want to wear. --> Worse case you can go around naked.
    Last edited by looki; 2011-05-28 at 04:39 AM.
    LOOKI

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a thing for mystery and investigation but the gameplay seems terrible :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post

only thing i'm looking forward to is guild wars 2.
    Oh yes, me too.
    LOOKI

last time i checked this game got canceled...
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

10+ Year Old Account
    Could make an awesome offline console game... so many... mysteries... i must know them...
    Last edited by Snakez; 2011-05-28 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post
    last time i checked this game got canceled...
    No its not. Here is the website. www.thesecretworld.com
    LOOKI

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just watched their demo video showing how the skills work and I am a little confused. They advertise as there are no levels yet you have exp. When you fill one exp bar you get a skill point (like normal leveling). And to really chooses any skill that isn't the first one in what they call a "cell" you have to get them progressively. So each "cell" acts like a skill tree. So can someone explain how this isn't just like having levels? I'm all for doing something new but this isn't new. It is just leveling without the number next to your character.

They are also doing the same kind of invasion thing Rift does. Basically monsters attack a stronghold and everyone in the area is called to help. Lets just hope they do it much much better than Rift did.

As for not having classes, that is pretty much a lie. Yes they don't have the traditional classes laid out for you and they have many different skills to choose from but they are essentially still using the Holy Trinity just with a lot more hybrid options. They already are talking about having templates for you to chose for different skills, basically classes made to not look like classes. I don't really mind this though. I mean honestly in an MMORPG I don't see how you can get away with not having the Holy Trinity unless you completely change how threat and bosses will work. Still a flawed system but workable.

Their investigative quests seem like a really neat idea and it is really their center piece since this game is based around conspircay theories. However just like with lore in other games that is really only appealing to a percentage of the players. I can't see this games other quests being quiet as gripping as these investigative ones.

Definitely seems like a sweet game though. Really likely the pvp maps they have shown. I am just really hoping for sniping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, we had enough holy trinity http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xGDL6QVL-8

Deleted
    If it wasn't a MMO, I'd be interested but in it's current format.. I don't know.

The no leveling, bo classes part sounds a bit off.. people will be bored in a month or 2. Also I can already imagine "/LFG Poopface: Lol lfg to ghuul mistery dungeon, need to kill the <insert spoilers here>"

I like modern settings. I dislike their combat gameplay though.

I'd rather have them make a new The Longest Journey.