Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligerio View Post
    Have you tried it in 2.5?
    No, that's why I'm re-downloading the client now, I'll probably just try a trial account first.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxo View Post
    It was a pretty game, just too much of a grind for me, and my max level friends already left the game.
    Just a quick question I ask all now, did you try the game after 2.5 because it was released just few days ago or so I think. Things have CHANGED

Quote Originally Posted by Scythias View Post
    No, that's why I'm re-downloading the client now, I'll probably just try a trial account first.
    Awesome American client trial or European?

15+ Year Old Account
    gave up aion in beta when there was no official tech support for errors with patching etc, so i couldn't play. grindy game, not for everyone, pvp was a joke though and losing all your mats by RNG is also extremely fun.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome American client trial or European?
    NA client at the moment isn't it easy to switch once it is downloaded though?

Deleted
    Aion just looks like one of those free to play oriental MMOs. Except you have to pay for it....

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    gave up aion in beta when there was no official tech support for errors with patching etc, so i couldn't play. grindy game, not for everyone, pvp was a joke though and losing all your mats by RNG is also extremely fun.
    Your talking about beta, it's pretty bad sharing from you to be honest. As I said, repeat serval times major changes, MAJOR CHANGES now to the game, in 2.5!

Support is more presant and you should give the free, FREE trial a shot.

-- I remember WoW first time it was out, I quit the game after I reach level 30. It was that painful!
    Didn't start playing enjoying WoW before late in The Burning Crusade, then I tried the game again and it was fun!

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 05:03 PM ----------

NA client at the moment isn't it easy to switch once it is downloaded though?
    I'm not sure, I went for Europe as I'm from Europe. It says in your mailbox if you made a Europe Aion trial or American.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure, I went for Europe as I'm from Europe. It says in your mailbox if you made a Europe Aion trial or American.
    Ah would the EU client be more popular because while I did have a 41 Spiritmaster I'm thinking about rerolling because none of my RL mates play anymore. I was thinking about trying my hand at Templar or Ranger.

Ah would the EU client be more popular because while I did have a 41 Spiritmaster I'm thinking about rerolling because none of my RL mates play anymore. I was thinking about trying my hand at Templar or Ranger.
    Perhaps, I am trying to find a site that show population or activity of the different servers @ http://uk.aiononline.com/myaion-server-info
    But not found a site like that yet

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps, I am trying to find a site that show population or activity of the different servers @ http://uk.aiononline.com/myaion-server-info
    But not found a site like that yet
    Do you still play alot? what class and level are you?

15+ Year Old Account
    1 patch wont fix a repetitive grind and making a free trial of it just means you have lots of temp subs for 30 days and maybe a handful stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Auralian View Post
    1 patch wont fix a repetitive grind and making a free trial of it just means you have lots of temp subs for 30 days and maybe a handful stick around.
    Have you played the game today? Repetive grind you will find in any game, Tetris is repetitive... World of Warcraft is repetitive when you play arena, or do dungeons. You do the same tactic that works in a dungeon, you do the dungeon again.. repetitive..

Life is repetitive, you need to learn HOW you can enjoy it, if not. Shame.

They're also reactivating all accounts soon so people that already got old accounts can try it without starting a new trial account.

Reactivation Starts: 3 June, 2011 on 17:00 CET
    Reactivation Ends: 13 June, 2011 on 17:00 CET

Quote Originally Posted by Auralian View Post
    LOL Grind eh?

So the fact that they boosted XP for quests in 1.9 AND 2.1 didn't fix that? I swore it had. I've still yet to meet this 'Mr. Grind' since then that you so speak of.

Yes leveling takes longer per level. Yes the higher you go (in levels) the more XP is needed to get to the next. This game is NO more of a grind than WoW or Rift. WoW's 84-85 'grind' is worse than any level I've done in Aion. So much as I -hate- leveling thru Cata, due to that one damn level!

Dungeons aren't tank and spank, well once you get past Haramel and NTC, cause those are the 'beginning dungeons,' and like old DM/SFK/WC/RFC the fights were boring and didn't teach you anything. Past that is different.

Oh and did you happen to see that shiny new dungeon, called Empyrean Crucible? Care to look at that? Eh, didn't think so. I guess a 50 boss dungeon isn't good enough to be noticed lololol.

PvP isn't the most balanced, SM usually def melee, blah blah w/e. The reason is it not really 1v1 based. It's got duels, but PvP is more for Forts, and well, nobody solos those. It's more of a mob mentality. Whomever has more wins, but isn't that the same in WoW? If you're trying to take a flag in WSG and you have 6, and the defenders have 2, or 3, sorry but you're 99% of the time gonna get that flag. Just because it's it a more massive number (up to just below 200 ppl) doesn't make it ANY different.

As for 'community.' On Istraphel I have NOT had an issue with this. The legions (guilds) I've been in and the lolRP I've seen make me believe this game actually has a better community than WoW. 99% of WoW's forums is QQing about X class. In Aion, call me cynical, but we've come to realize that NCSoft isn't gonna fix things in a 'hotfix tomorrow' so we kinda bend over and take the little problems and balancing issues. This turns the 'OMG BLIZZFIXTHISNAO OR I LEAVE' talk to 'so post screenshots of your toon in fun areas.'

It's enjoyable, moreso than WoW. Only reason I'm still subbed to World of Warcrap is my RL friends are here. Though the Aion free trial is at least planting a seed of hope

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    They're also reactivating all accounts soon so people that already got old accounts can try it without starting a new trial account.

Reactivation Starts: 3 June, 2011 on 17:00 CET
    Reactivation Ends: 13 June, 2011 on 17:00 CET
    Does that mean you have to create new characters on your old account and can only play them to a certain level, or could you play with your old high level characters too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Does that mean you have to create new characters on your old account and can only play them to a certain level, or could you play with your old high level characters too?
    Probably the latter

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    you and your high level toons will be re-united in an orgy of epic proportions. Until Crab Norris sneaks up behind you.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple yes/no question: I play WoW on all the lowest graphics settings. Will my laptop handle it THIS time? Or are they still convinced that accessibility is NOT the biggest part of WoW's success?
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Simple yes/no question: I play WoW on all the lowest graphics settings. Will my laptop handle it THIS time? Or are they still convinced that accessibility is NOT the biggest part of WoW's success?
    If you cant run those games there's big problems, you can get a laptop with 6gb and a decent graphics card that can run the game from between 500-700$ now days.

I'm going to try this trial out, and see how it goes. Just for reference, what's the Aion endgame like?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just got an email saying my account will be reactivated from June 3rd till June the 13th so that I can test out this new change. I might log in to try it out and see how it goes, it's a free trial for 10days after all and I don't have to start again.