Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t112651-...est_cataclysm/
    RAED TEZ

Yeah, let's... not. --Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-06-03 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FredMaHead View Post
    You lose 2 internets. That site is nowhere near as helpful as it was during Wrath.

Check the Holy sticky on the priest forum at http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...(for-Beginners!) It goes through glyphs, talents, and stats so you can check yourself against that.

There are also a lot of holy priests that frequent this forum and can give you tips if you're having any issues for a specific fight. The more info you can give (what's your job for the fight, what are the other healers, etc), the more they can help if you want more than just a gear check.

---------- Post added 2011-06-03 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solia View Post
    And don't use Holy gear for Shadow until you can acquire a 2nd set of gear. If your raid has to drop a healer for DPS, let someone else do it. Your (I'm guessing) 8k DPS isn't going to be much help.
    I agree with this completely. It's fun to switch to DPS for some fights, but until you get another set, an alt would probably outdo you just because of your gear working against you.

Does anyone else find that using Shadow gear for Disc actually works well though?
    It can, but definitely not for tank healing or progression bosses. Spriests have very low mastery, so disc bubbles are pretty weak compared to a priest that's gearing properly for Disc. If you know what you're doing, the heroic dungeons would probably be manageable in shadow gear now. I'd still want at least 2 trinkets to switch in for healing, especially to make up for low regen in shadow gear (it's less than half of what most would be comfortable with).

Best option is still to just have a second set.

change your spec first: drop points in rapid renewal and divine touch. in cata you dont renew roll anymore. put 2 in blessed resilience and 1 in surge of light instead. in shadow, put 2 in veiled shadows and rest in darkness (unless you are haste stacking then keep it as it is)

you can either stack haste or mastery as holy priest. they both do about same healing amount i believe. i personally stacked mastery when i was holy and i always came up number 1 in healing meter (i know it doesnt mean jack but just to prove that its effective)

get rid of your helm first... magmaw dropped helm is alot better than what you have now. even then reforge crit>haste or mastery (your choice)

gemming wise red should always be int and nothing else. int is our best stat.

dont try to balance out haste and mastery. just choose one and go with it. excel in one stat. and always reforge into the stat you choose.

crit should always be reforged out of as holy. avoid crit at any cost (helm).

get the 4 pc t11 set except the head. its really easy to get once you are in a decent guild. for the helm, get the one that drops off of magmaw. (our set is really easy to get imo)

try to replace all the gear that doesnt have spirit, every single gear except trinkets should have spirit without reforging into it.

hopefully my advice helps

10+ Year Old Account
    You're on my server

Quote Originally Posted by holydoc View Post
    change your spec first: drop points in rapid renewal and divine touch. in cata you dont renew roll anymore. put 2 in blessed resilience and 1 in surge of light instead. in shadow, put 2 in veiled shadows and rest in darkness (unless you are haste stacking then keep it as it is)
    Divine Touch isn't a bad talent to have. But Blessed resilience is awesome. Your shadow suggestions, however, are terrible. Veiled Shadows is a waste of a talent, 100%. Unless the fight is a very specific length, the talent does nothing for you.

get rid of your helm first... magmaw dropped helm is alot better than what you have now. even then reforge crit>haste or mastery (your choice)
    As is the helm from Valiona. I do approve of your suggestions on gemming, though, holydoc. Red everywhere.

get the 4 pc t11 set except the head. its really easy to get once you are in a decent guild. for the helm, get the one that drops off of magmaw. (our set is really easy to get imo)
    Or Valiona, if you are of the haste variety.

try to replace all the gear that doesnt have spirit, every single gear except trinkets should have spirit without reforging into it.
    ....and this is where you fall to facepalm. Spirit isn't needed on every piece. You just need to have "enough" to make it through encounters. You can have gear without spirit on it, you can reforge out of spirit on pieces you do have, just so long as you aren't doing too much and run OoM.

Intellect is the best stat, Spirit has diminishing returns.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

when i specced out of veiled shadow to get other pts as disc i felt the big difference in the cd. shadowfiend seemed like it would never get back up as i spammed the crap out of it when i was specced into it. I guess i just like the talent for the "feel" of it. ive seen some math that its only a slight mana regen increase but the difference in cd was noticeable to me. so i guess its more of an opinionated thing.

haha well i guess i do deserve that facepalm for saying that but thats what i believe. the more spirit you have the more mana regen you have and the more mana regen you have, the more lenient you can be about spamming the shit out of something. but i guess that comes down to your play style and yes i do agree on not having spirit on every gear but you do want to know how much spirit is abundant for you so you can climb down from that.

other than that, i agree on what you fixed for me and thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    We have a thread made specifically for this.

Quote Originally Posted by holydoc View Post
    haha well i guess i do deserve that facepalm for saying that but thats what i believe. the more spirit you have the more mana regen you have and the more mana regen you have, the more lenient you can be about spamming the shit out of something. but i guess that comes down to your play style and yes i do agree on not having spirit on every gear but you do want to know how much spirit is abundant for you so you can climb down from that.
    We're already "spirit capped" when it comes to general raid healing through an entire encounter. Without an innervate, but with the pre-nerfed Mana Tide, we can still spam Prayers, Circles, Mendings, and throw Renews around like a buffoon and not have mana problems. The only things that start giving us issues are when we start incorporating Sanctuary, Greaters, and Flashes into the mix.

We don't use Greater that much, we shouldn't be using Sanctuary on cooldown. So generally it comes down to Flash Heal. High spirit lets you use it a little more freely, but not enough to actually validly replace your other heals (and for good reason). And with better encounter knowledge, better playing from your colleagues, you can mitigate the need to push that button, thus effectively reducing the Spirit you "need" to have.

It's like adding 2 liters to your petrol tank in your car. It gives you just a little more freedom, but you can't expect it to let you change how you drive, or how far you can get with a single tank.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~