Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    On my tank, I always ask if anyone needs Drahga, else I prefer skipping him. He is easy with a good grp, but it is too dependent on RNG and can result in a wipe even with great grps. Most people prefer to skip him and I do not blame them.
    About doing only troll dungeons for VP-well if you are close to the cap, it is actually faster to do a few old heroics than the troll ones if you can hit the cap either way. About getting kicked, well it happens, I have been kicked for asking the tank to wait so I could drink for mana on my healer. Just do not take it personally. As a healer you have a shorter queue than most after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Matik View Post
    The community has been bad since the start of WoW though.
    Not true. Before LFG, especially in vanilla and TBC where you needed to get into good groups to actually clear content, people were mindful of their reputation on the server. There was an incentive to not act like a dick because you would need those people to group up with you again.

Do you think these people would've treated their healer like that before the LFG tool? Of course not, they'd been happy to kill the boss because they need healing in their next run and the number of good healers per server is limited.
    Last edited by Brett Skullcrack; 2011-06-06 at 10:36 AM.

Deleted
    People act like idiots in PuG's, happens all the time, just go with the flow as you never know what retarded reason someone will use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek92 View Post
    Eh its my 3rd alt so I dont really care too much
    But its like really? You cant spend 2 minutes helpin someone out so you kick them?
    Just some grade a assholes
    Welcome to We hate thoose bastards cuz they don't wanna do 1 boss.
    yes pepole do that and i can't get why... but yea weclome

just tell them at the beginning that you dont wanna skip bosses. end of story. dont be mad bro.

Blizzard needs to stop putting optional bosses into heroics. Anything people can do to get their reward faster they will do, including skipping bosses people may want drops from, or JPs from.

Quote Originally Posted by Distiller View Post
    just tell them at the beginning that you dont wanna skip bosses. end of story. dont be mad bro.
    Alternatively they tell you at the beginning they intend to skip bosses. End of story. Don't be mad bro.
    Same thing happened on my rogue not long ago in BRC when i asked to do Beauty, got called every name under the sun for the next 20 minutes so i sat there and laughed as they wiped 8 times on the following trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    People act like a prick before LFD, their name will be remembered, spread across the server, and that person will find it harder and harder to get groups with in the future.

People act like that post LFD, doesn't matter, not like they will ever see you again anyway, they will just LFD the next instance after that, and the one after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I don't see why pugs are skipping that boss, really.
    When I'm tanking I only skip HoO bosses, except if someone says he needs something from one of them.
    Many players dont comprehend that you have to run from the fire guy. If you don't you die. Pugs are skipping it because its easy to mess up if you're bad. And its a safe assumption if you are in a pug heroic that at least one person is terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roitto View Post
    Yeah.. sure it did.

There were always ninjas, retards, 12 year old players who didn't know how to play and assholes. Just like now.
    well you mostly started playing wow in wotlk. in vanilla we knew what item to need and what item to pass . ofc thats because we knew each other and mostly in what guild was each member . Mostly in vanilla to make a grp was hard but was ideal for a smoth run. newbie ppl were trying theyre best just to show to some others that they can value on them not like now that 50%are afk and 50%they dont have idea of the game.ty:

Quote Originally Posted by chunkycarl View Post
    unfortunetly iv learned from experience in pugs its best to just go with the flow of the group, if 1 or 2 people want to kill and not skip and you also do, thats great, if your in a group with 4 people who skip past it, unfortunetly your gonna be out of luck
    i agree its sux that people do this however, when im in runs with friends or guildies if people need a boss and speak up ill kill it happily.
    I've been kicked from 2 groups as a healer for calling out bads. Most recently I was in Stonecore and neither the hunter nor the warlock would switch to the adds on the first boss making it much more difficult for me to heal everyone getting blasted. I was kicked before the second boss. I've learned to just go with it unless it's causing wipes.

Same thing goes for extra bosses. If the majority doesn't want to do it... no problem, but to kick someone that wanted to do it is retarded.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would blame another industry.

It would seem people instinctively click yes or accept every time they get a popup. Even if it involves kicking the strongest link in a dungeon group.
    Smierc @ Quel'thalas EU

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    I'm going to go with a combo of you being under geared, poor healing and an impatient grp...you going on bout how well you heal despite crap gear just sounds off...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.

Everything that can be skipped should be skipped. You should respect your group members time. They are better geared and obviously are bursting you. Because you cant get "smooth run" in 333 gear, believe me.
    You are doing your random heroic in 30 mins instead of 1.5hour wipes. And the price for this is just 1 boss - 70jp. You actually saved your time, and you are getting more jp/hour with such groups, than you can get with non-geared group killing all bosses.
    You know.. 6 month passed from cata start. Gearing pugs is not an option any more. Sorry.

PS. I never whine if I got in good group with my alt and they are bursting me through heroic. I'm pretty happy and grateful that I got my vp/jp/gold and even some gear in such a short time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StendhalSyndrom View Post
    I'm going to go with a combo of you being under geared, poor healing and an impatient grp...you going on bout how well you heal despite crap gear just sounds off...
    You can heal the Cata Heroics in basic gear if you know what you're doing. I've seen healers who just scraped in on ilvl for HCs faceroll the instance. IT's by no means easy, but it's doable with a decently-skilled healer.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    You know.. 6 month passed from cata start. Gearing pugs is not an option any more. Sorry.
    Funny, my 7th 85 (paladin) tanked his first couple heroics yesterday in 316/333 gear, and nobody had any trouble with clearing all the bosses in GB and TotT.

Bad luck is bad, and good luck is good. Gone are the days when you could build a name for yourself on your server, though. I do miss the guild tag above my head mattering, back when I would get invites over other tanks on my warrior simply based on respect for the guild I was in and my reputation (something the new system has NO WAY of having.)

Really, I think a reputation system would be good. It's been suggested that a system be put in place to rate members of your dungeon group when it finishes or you leave; that reputation thing could be nice. Put all the nice people in their own groups, and put all the idiots and assholes with each other .
    Super casual.

this is why i started tanking ive sat at that 3rd boss for an hour before because 1 person needed it and 3 others didnt wanna do it in the end they chose to listen to the tank over the healer

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

The way I see it, you can take it personally or just shrug it off. Through the LFD I've met some of the most repugnant human beings to ever play this game, but at the same time, I've met some of the coolest and most kick ass players of this game just as well. I've pugged several bear runs with total strangers since 4.1, and these kind of positive experiences always encourage me to look forward to the next queue.

DW dude, seriously the other day I was healing a wrath normal random while i was lvling my priest. I was heals no one died that didnt deserve to (tank kept chain pulling while i had 0% mana, so i let him die). get upto the 2nd boss in Utgard Keep, i pick up a cobalt mining node, BAM "you have been removed from group"

i just across server and ask wtf was kick for.

REPLY: "you are a clothy, you dont need the stam buff from mining, Im a tank i do so i get preference. plus im tank i get preference on all ore

Quote Originally Posted by Matik View Post
    The community has been bad since the start of WoW though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliq View Post
    Used to be quite good in vanilla.
    Indeed it did, it may be rose-tinted goggles talking, but you NEVER had stuff like this happen - not just because the LFD tool didn't exist, but also because people could be held accountable for their actions. Instead of a pool of millions of people to be queued with, there was only those that were on your server. Because of this accountability, you also saw ninjaing a lot less. If someone ninja'd, their rep was trashed to the point they had to name change (which didn't always works) or transfer away.