Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They need to be brought back! It made each person more unique than just a race/class. Good fun, and a lot more challenging to remember in PvP I dare say. Blizzard doesn't like the idea that one will be better at its function than another so people will gravitate to a certain race purely to minmax.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baz View Post
    They need to be brought back! It made each person more unique than just a race/class. Good fun, and a lot more challenging to remember in PvP I dare say. Blizzard doesn't like the idea that one will be better at its function than another so people will gravitate to a certain race purely to minmax.
    Or it screws over anyone not playing that race. It's one thing to not have Berserking as a DPS Priest. It's another when Symbol of Hope was an instant cast Hymn of Hope. When Chastise was a race specific root. Fear Ward belonging to Dwarves only. If you were a Shadow Priest, and you weren't Undead, you were instantly terrible.

No, no. Let's not ever go back to those times.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Bruen View Post
    While we're feeling all nostalgic, how about those great times of the 5 Second Rule and the joys of conserving mana. Anyone? No?
    You know what I miss? Being an out of combat rezzer on my paladin, and rebuffing 40 people every 5 minutes. Yup, I loved it

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the Starshards when my priest use to be a Night Elf, was annoying when it use to be channeled, they changed it to a DoT. Use to love just casting it on Gruul to see the big animation. Elune's Grace was really good too in PvP, 20% chance to dodge I believe, just love casting it when a rogue pops up. They should bring these back maybe an other DoT like Starshards and just change the animation and name depending on the class, but who knows

I miss chastise.

I miss spriest being unique in general instead of blizz throwing all the classes into the giant melting pot and dishing out generic classes. Old school racials certainly added fun differences and the 5second rule was a great mechanic in the day that made healing interesting.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm..
    Weren't feedback kindof like a weapon enchant in the beginning?
    Granting a few extra points of dmg and manaburn when you hit someone?

Can't find any info about it so I may be wrong..
    Quote Originally Posted by Manlypecs
    It's always safe to blame the healer, since healers aren't real people anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hresna View Post
    I miss spriest being unique in general instead of blizz throwing all the classes into the giant melting pot and dishing out generic classes. Old school racials certainly added fun differences and the 5second rule was a great mechanic in the day that made healing interesting.
    You know what made healing not so very interesting? Not being a dwarf and sucking because of it.
    You know what made DPS not so very interesting? Not being an Undead and sucking because of it.

I understand people wanting to be unique, but homogenization is also necessary in order to have a balanced game. People should pick the race they want without being punished for their choice.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Dwarves had chastise aswell as fear ward, or am I totally off now?

I remembered reading a great blog post about these, and I finally found it again. Good summary and great read IMHO.

http://blog.holytroll.net/2011/05/i-...riest-racials/

My original reasoning for rolling a BE priest first was due to the fact that they had the best PvE healer abilities.
    Undead was great with DP so long as you weren't a noob using it without inner focus. such a mana hog.
    I really miss the unique things, but I don't miss the lack of dots critting... tradeoffs ftl.

[Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black]

Quote Originally Posted by qei View Post
    Dwarves had chastise aswell as fear ward, or am I totally off now?
    No. Dwarves and later Draenei had Fear Ward on a 30 second cooldown, until they decided to nerf it and give it to everyone. Because Dwarves and Draenei "lost" their racial spell at that time, Chastise was created to take its place.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-06-10 at 03:11 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I really don't miss the racial spells.
    I particularly does not miss Hex of Weakness *shudder*

For those not remembering, it was a self-buff that made whomever hit you next take 36 shadow damage at lvl 70, twice that if you were a shadowpriest. Once: then the buff vanished. It had a very minor chance of proccing the then-useful shadow-only blackout talent which could stun anyone being hit by priest shadow damage, and it was remotely useful for pvp junkies as a dispel buffer.

But it was spoony useless, I tell you! And so bad that it is an insult to Mind Soothe to call it horribad.

And even that was a great spell compared to Feedback. If anyone fancied the idea of blowing half their manabar for having a CHANCE of doing the equivalent of a manaburn has had to be bloody retarded when they could just be casting mana burn. Which they did.

Today, we have all the good racials, albeit in broken forms. Fearward and Devouring Plague are baseline. Desperate Prayer is talentable. Hymn of hope has been made significantly worse, but is there. And shadowpriests got the shadow orbs that the trolls used to havem although in a very different form. Chastise is there for all holypriests to use. I think many night elf players lament the loss of starshards though, but mostly because it was unique - not because it was any good. Druids got the starshards

--

What I do miss was the priest flavour.
    - Night Elf priests were supposed to be the lunar healers. They should also be able to wield bows in my opinion. Starshards wasn't amazing, but it really helped that image.
    - Undead priests were the epitome shadowpriests. Anyone going holy as an undead was doing it wrong, dammit!
    - And troll priests were more about the voodoo in the old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    I actually enjoyed 5SR dancing, though I bet I'm in the minority on that one.
    Im also in the minority, back when healing and were actually alot funnier. Not more challengine, just funnier.

I did enjoy 5SR dancing to, though i wasn't healing on a priest way back then. I remember being lol'd at for rolling an NE preist as an alt because starshards was just...terribad.

Do i miss fun flavor skills like these? Yes. Is the game better with them gone/normalized? Probably
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

I miss the old Symbol of Hope

I also remember back in BC, looking at the spell list on Wowhead and going "Ok, why the fuck can't I train Starshards?? Or hex of weakness??".
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember being in a 4 priest group MT healing on Onyxia using a healing rotation, where each of us would cast one gheal and then spam a macro telling which priest was up next.....and it was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Or it screws over anyone not playing that race. It's one thing to not have Berserking as a DPS Priest. It's another when Symbol of Hope was an instant cast Hymn of Hope. When Chastise was a race specific root. Fear Ward belonging to Dwarves only. If you were a Shadow Priest, and you weren't Undead, you were instantly terrible.

No, no. Let's not ever go back to those times.
    Ahmg that was awful... I remember having this argument with my fellow tank (I was a warrior tank back then) back in Kara regarding Nightbane. People didn't want to do it because our dwarf priest couldn't come which made me rage about being a warrior and being able to stance dance lol.

There is nothing quite so awesome as playing a certain race because you have to in order for your group to succeed... oh no wait that was horrible.

Dwarf Priests were a must for Onyxia! Fear ward ftw!

I miss when a Rogue opened up on you and stunned themselves with Blackout because the 14 damage from Touch of Weakness procced it on them, or when Devouring Plague used to heal for 100% of the damage it did

But mostly, yeah, it was a terrible idea.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-06-10 at 05:42 PM.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.