Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can 343 deliver in Halo 4 ,5, and 6?

Well, we know that 343 announced Halo 4 and basically 5 and 6, Since they said Halo 4 is the start of a new trilogy. What else could they possibly add to make each new Halo fun exciting?

343 already came out of the gates weak tbh. Them announcing no multilayer for Halo CE remake is already a bad start, hopefully H4 will deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntdanoobs View Post

343 already came out of the gates weak tbh. Them announcing no multilayer for Halo CE remake is already a bad start, hopefully H4 will deliver.
    Where did they announce no multiplayer? The biggest news I've seen about the remake is that it DOES have online multiplayer.

Yea technically it doesnt have dedicated multiplayer but it has 7 new maps for Reach and they said htat those mpas will being back a classic feel in gameplay as well so i think its safe to assume there will be restrictions to make it more like halo 1 multiplayer

The multiplayer in the remake is just Halo Reach with classic maps. It will be Reach DLC pretty much.

They announced that it will have 6 maps and those maps will be for reach multiplayer. It will be like halo odst where the maps are on a separate disk and used halo 3 multiplayer.

They said there will be online at e3 to avoid boos during the conference.

---------- Post added 2011-06-09 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by undethknight View Post
    Yea technically it doesnt have dedicated multiplayer but it has 7 new maps for Reach and they said htat those mpas will being back a classic feel in gameplay as well so i think its safe to assume there will be restrictions to make it more like halo 1 multiplayer
    While it will give a classic feel, I've been playing the halo series for a long time and I despise Halo Reach's multiplayer. Reach made Halo casual.

Its a bit poor to see them come straight out of the gates with what is essentially just a money grab, and then leave out the most anticipated part of such a 'remake'.

Microsoft won't let their biggest franchise fail. They will be good, maybe better with different spins.

Aren't they the ones who made the Noble and Defiant map packs? If so, I think they'll be fine

They need to remove the ability to jump, that would be an enormous improvement to Halo imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    They need to remove the ability to jump, that would be an enormous improvement to Halo imo.
    You're daft

I will be surprised if it's as good.

Even if they are every bit as good as Bungie's Halos (which will be a feat), no one will be impressed with that anyway. They'll have to do something to completely redefine the Halo games without alienating the people who still love it.

Which is basically impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    You're daft
    I certainly feel that way after playing Halo 3s multiplayer. Might as well have been fighting a bunch of crack addicted rabbits with rifles. It's incredibly stupid. This isn't Mario, we don't need all the jumping bullshit.

It's an essential part of Halo gameplay and navigation. It adds another level to firefights because it isn't just strafing.

Why would you think that needs to go?

They don't want to create a separate multiplayer because they don't want to separate the Halo Reach community. I personally don't think 343 can ruin Halo because Bungie has built a good franchise, and they're leaving 343 with multiple ideas for Halo games involving something other than Master Chief. 343 would have to f up royally in order to ruin a franchise that is established this well. As long as they take their time with each Halo game they should be fine. By that I mean Halo 4 should be the last Halo on Xbox 360. After that if they have anything else planned save it for the new console because one of the reasons we're not sick of Halo is because we're not flooded with a new versions each year.

I hope they include a Forge World, I have loads of Fun with that.
    -Proud Owner of a Blood Elf Warrior-

I doubt "Halo 4" would be as bad as halo 3.

I can't wait for the anniversary Edition. Sadly can't say the same for Halo 4.

I mean, it has the possibility to be great... but it has a higher possibility to fall on its face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    I certainly feel that way after playing Halo 3s multiplayer. Might as well have been fighting a bunch of crack addicted rabbits with rifles. It's incredibly stupid. This isn't Mario, we don't need all the jumping bullshit.
    I don't play Halo and I know its part of what separates Halo from other FPSs. Otherwise people would call it space COD. Halo is a derivative of Quake. Jumping is part of the equation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Combat Evolved soooooo much. It was the only decent one, can't wait for the memories to be brought back waking up in a seepy pod and running to a escape pod.