Legendary quote:

Also the "PvE game with PvP aspect" argument is just stupid , i hate every time i see people saying that ,using that logic i could say Counter Strike is a PvE game with PvP aspect because it has "quests" to deactivate C4 bomb or rescue hostages...

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I agree. Watch Game of Thrones in the meantime. It's pure win. Or read the books, they are even better.
    Surprisingly I've read every book and yes they're an amazing read.

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    You are not the only one. Right now all I can do is study for my exams (with disgust - criminal law, bleh) and play BF2 for an hour or two maximum or GTA IV. No other game can hold my attention because I want to play ToR. It is going to be a long wait until Sep/Oct or whenever it releases. The bad thing for me is that I have state exams at the end of this year which is also a bit of a good thing to be honest because I will have something to focus on during the summer instead of daydreaming about ToR. But then again if they open European beta, which I think they will, and I get picked it's game over for the exams Talk about wrong priorities....
    Now now Ash, education should always take precedence over a game. :P Like I'm one to talk since I plan on taking a week off just to play ToR. LOL I'm such a hypocrite :P

Dammit, I'm craving Tor bad now =.=
    I just looked back at what I did today:
    Played Mass effect for a couple hours.
    Vegetated to a firefly/cowbody bebop marathon
    popped in Kotor 2 and hit up SWG for the last day of the trial I started a week or so back.

I need to step back from the space games for a minute and hit up Game of Thrones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, from the accidental leak from the Razor rep saying their TOR products will probably be out in November, we have a wait. Expect the game Oct/early November.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-13 at 07:10 AM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Well, from the accidental leak from the Razor rep saying their TOR products will probably be out in November, we have a wait. Expect the game Oct/early November.
    Bah! I remember hearing the guy saying that but it never clicked. Ugh... I hate the waiting game.

10+ Year Old Account
    it could be november or its not.. a lot of places put November as a placeholder date, but we will have to see

im curious as to when they say they won't tell the date because it will be funny.. i wonder if its a hint anything
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Something i had thought of .. no auto attack possibly being detramental to the game. well i just recently jumped on the emu server for the first time in a long while. Started leveling up a brawler and realized. SWG never had auto attack either. There was a basic atack but you had to press it. so yea .. i don't think no auto attack will be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    Something i had thought of .. no auto attack possibly being detramental to the game. well i just recently jumped on the emu server for the first time in a long while. Started leveling up a brawler and realized. SWG never had auto attack either. There was a basic atack but you had to press it. so yea .. i don't think no auto attack will be a problem.
    i think no auto attack would work fairly well, make people pay attention instead of setting your person to auto and alt tab for a moment, or play the 360 or what ever system they have

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there is no ''auto-attack'' ability that is off the GCD and needs to be spammed the whole time there shouldn't be a problem, casters usually don't have one either. If it's neccesairy to spam something the whole time to keep up in damage, pray it can be macro'd, though I doubt Bioware would be so stupid to design the combat that way.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Comparing someone purposely blocking a quest-giver for their own faction on a PvE Server, to someone camping someone of the opposite Faction on a PvP Server is like Comparing Apples to Quantum Mechanics.

OT: I JUST WANT THIS GAME NOW DAG NABBIT. i spend more time a day wanting Sw:tor than i do wanting Women D:
    They werent just corpse camping him ... seriously sometimes i have a feeling people are just trying to provoke other people for the sake of internet argument >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    It will still be a PvE game with PvP. Just because you don't want it to be, it is. It handles PvP better than WoW, but it is still a PvE game primarily.

Comparing Counter Strike's "quests" that disarm bombs to SW:ToR's 4man Flashpoints and XXman Operations (raids) is idiotic.
    If u didnt see the point i was trying to make i bid u farewell and wont respond to you anymore , because its pointless arguing with ignorant people...

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just checked a video of the starting area I will be starting in, and I really love the highlandish style mixed with the concrete compounds and ruins. And yes I'm gonna be a Jedi Knight just like Luke and I don't give a damn of what you think about it, you evil Sithies!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devirae View Post
    So I just checked a video of the starting area I will be starting in, and I really love the highlandish style mixed with the concrete compounds and ruins. And yes I'm gonna be a Jedi Knight just like Luke and I don't give a damn of what you think about it, you evil Sithies!!
    Too bad if I choose a Trooper I can't pull an Order 66 on ya'. I would love to see your smug Jedi face when you see a big ass cannon firing at you.

Quote Originally Posted by jess0r View Post
    Ye Tatooine was pretty cool, just hope they add some more dust flying around or something because the sand looked a little weird/plastic imo.
    Yep it did... But there are still a lot of things they ned to fix. Esp the companions sitting in yur face all the time.

For release I Think they will be pushing for this year. You DO NOT want to mis the Christmas revenue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    Too bad if I choose a Trooper I can't pull an Order 66 on ya'. I would love to see your smug Jedi face when you see a big ass cannon firing at you.
    But ... but.. why would you want to do that anyway? We're supposed to be in it together this time besides all I'd want to do is save the galaxy and make it a better place for the lesser gifted

edit: Bah after not having paid attention to this game for several years, and now getting into it more and more, I'm really sad it's not out yet lol.

I mean having your own pet Wookie (smuggler I suppose?), how friggin' cool is that?!

It also reminds me of my lack of knowledge of the Star Wars universe -,-
    The more time I spend on SW-wiki the more pages I end up with to read
    Last edited by Devirae; 2011-06-13 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Also the "PvE game with PvP aspect" argument is just stupid , i hate every time i see people saying that ,using that logic i could say Counter Strike is a PvE game with PvP aspect because it has "quests" to deactivate C4 bomb or rescue hostages...
    The problem with that is, CS is billed as an online PvP game. That's the selling point. So, CS is PvP with SOME PvE elements. MW and CoD games would be similar. It's a PvP game with a PvE element. The focal point of those games is the PvP.

It's just like in WoW, all the news you see, hear and read is about the new raiding tier ... oh and hey a new PvP Season. BW has even stated that leveling up through PvP isn't recommended and will be very difficult. It doesn't FORCE you to PvE, but you'd be better off doing the PvE portion.

Not saying I won't PvP in SWTOR. Just as long as it's not as bad as WoW's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    The problem with that is, CS is billed as an online PvP game. That's the selling point. So, CS is PvP with SOME PvE elements. MW and CoD games would be similar. It's a PvP game with a PvE element. The focal point of those games is the PvP.

It's just like in WoW, all the news you see, hear and read is about the new raiding tier ... oh and hey a new PvP Season. BW has even stated that leveling up through PvP isn't recommended and will be very difficult. It doesn't FORCE you to PvE, but you'd be better off doing the PvE portion.

Not saying I won't PvP in SWTOR. Just as long as it's not as bad as WoW's.
    i hope its better then WoW pvp, i really wanna see the Cinematic Combat being done in a pvp situation

10+ Year Old Account
    To the people that has been/are in beta, with how many ablities does your average advanced class end up with? And I mean the total amount, so also the shared ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    i hope its better then WoW pvp, i really wanna see the Cinematic Combat being done in a pvp situation
    What do you mean the "Cinematic Combat"?

Quote Originally Posted by Devirae View Post
    To the people that has been/are in beta, with how many ablities does your average advanced class end up with? And I mean the total amount, so also the shared ones.
    They haven't released all ability info yet, so it's hard to say how many you could have at mx level. In the demo videos people had 2 action bars, so could say atleast 24 abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    What do you mean the "Cinematic Combat"?
    well on the first page under 10 things that make TOR stand out

9. Cinematic combat: Unlike most other MMOs where you have 1 generic animation for each action (different for different races and genders maybe), and sometimes even repeated animations. Here we see jedi blocking attacks from different angles and characters getting knocked backwards mid jump, etc. The subtle animations are amazing to see and make you appreciate the depth that the team took it to.

im sure it goes under different names

but cinematic combat sounds fancy
    Last edited by Omians; 2011-06-13 at 11:53 AM.

hmmmmmmm im dying here...