10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is a few pages back but I'll be on Trolls side if any of ya try to double team my GM lol.
    Last edited by thenextaverageguy; 2011-06-17 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hm question.. i know its been said that the planets in SWTOR will be about 7-8 WoW Zones large or even larger.. but would that be like the size of Kalimdor?

i ask is because i was talking to a friend of mine on the planet sizes in game.. ive seen some people Math out Kalimdor is like 50.6 square miles or 131.05 square kilometers if i did it right, Dont shoot me im using converters XD

would that be a good guess on their sizes?
    Last edited by Omians; 2011-06-17 at 02:09 AM.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

There's a video that says that on Youtube, but it won't let me post the link. Just search for Top Ten SWTOR and you'll find it.

10+ Year Old Account

yes it saz how many WoW zones its the size of.. but i wana think of a RL setting.. for me 50.6 miles is about a hour drive, depending if im driving down a 50 mph road and going speed limit

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    yes it saz how many WoW zones its the size of.. but i wana think of a RL setting.. for me 50.6 miles is about a hour drive, depending if im driving down a 50 mph road and going speed limit
    We won't be able to calculate the TOR planet size in miles/meters/yards until we get in the game. Basically we'd need a reference of what a yard/meter/foot is in the game, we'd need to use that to figure out the distance covered by a single step, and knowing that we could use a length of a step as a scale for distance within the zone map. After that it's just a matter of doing some math.

Non-numerically though, I've heard that Tatooine is like the whole lower third of Kalimdor in terms of area.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post

It's unlikely anybody has an accurate real distance estimation of the planets, given TOR planets have more area underground and indoors than other MMOs. Alderaan and Tatooine look to be between 1/3 and 1/2 the size of Kalimdor, in my estimation on seeing maps and watching player movement, but its really hard to tell accurately. For sure, it looks like there is more area than in EK and Kalimdor combined, by a decent margin.

Also: http://betacake.blogspot.com/2011/06...r_17.html#more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    We won't be able to calculate the TOR planet size in miles/meters/yards until we get in the game. Basically we'd need a reference of what a yard/meter/foot is in the game, we'd need to use that to figure out the distance covered by a single step, and knowing that we could use a length of a step as a scale for distance within the zone map. After that it's just a matter of doing some math.

Non-numerically though, I've heard that Tatooine is like the whole lower third of Kalimdor in terms of area.
    hm so like Feralas, Silithus, AQ, Uldum,Un'goro, Tanaris? give or take a Feralas... when i was guessing the size of kalimdor i was counting from moonglade and going down the left side counting zones till i hit 8, probly not a good guessing way heh

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 03:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paloalto View Post
    It's unlikely anybody has an accurate real distance estimation of the planets, given TOR planets have more area underground and indoors than other MMOs. Alderaan and Tatooine look to be between 1/3 and 1/2 the size of Kalimdor, in my estimation on seeing maps and watching player movement, but its really hard to tell accurately. For sure, it looks like there is more area than in EK and Kalimdor combined, by a decent margin.

Also: http://betacake.blogspot.com/2011/06...r_17.html#more
    hm ya true that you cant guess to much in it, but thank you for your input on area combines.. and double thank you on the blog link, nice read

10+ Year Old Account
    i now see why this has taken 3+ years to make...epic scale is epic. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... until i saw that video i forgot how much i save in Bioware games. And i forgot that you can't do that in MMOs. I don't know if i should feel bad for people that rush through dialogue and mistakingly screw themselves over or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Wow... until i saw that video i forgot how much i save in Bioware games. And i forgot that you can't do that in MMOs. I don't know if i should feel bad for people that rush through dialogue and mistakingly screw themselves over or not.
    I know huh? For big decisions I usually save and reload to see what happens. I can't do that in an MMO so it'll suck if I screw something up and regret it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    I know huh? For big decisions I usually save and reload to see what happens. I can't do that in an MMO so it'll suck if I screw something up and regret it.
    well at least if you decide to spare the guy in game it wont effect your game play to much to were you cant play a sith anymore heh

Q. I know Deebo had previously mentioned LS/DS points affecting gear. Just wondering, as I'm hoping to walk the middle ground - if there is any gear to staying "Gray" -- or would you assume I'd be gimping myself doing so?
    A. There is plenty of gear for “Gray” players. You have light side, normal, and dark side gear. There is no alignment attached to “gray” gear, it is just the normal gear that has no alignment requirements.

From the Beta tester Q&A. This should help put some people's minds at ease. This also has me wondering what "gray" gear will look like. We know Light and Dark have specific color pallets and styles.
    Last edited by noahjam326; 2011-06-17 at 04:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post

From the Beta tester Q&A. This should help put some people's minds at ease.
    yes it most likely will, course.. depending how the quests go i can forsee myself being a gray.. i dono..

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 04:34 AM ----------

also all hail raptor Jesus XD

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 04:46 AM ----------

this was on the Dev tracker

You get your ship through your class quests.

You will get rewards through class quests, which include some really decent items that would cost you a lot of credits to replace. Credits that you'd probably want to spend to get a vehicle earlier.

Without doing your class quests, you lose out on a significant amount of XP that you would have to fill by other means. It can be done, but it will actually take longer to get to maximum level if you try to skip the class quests.
    Last edited by Omians; 2011-06-17 at 04:47 AM.

There is no way in hell I'd skip out on even a single class quest, even if it is possible. That shit's just too awesome. I imagine the rewards will just be too good to pass up also.

Hail Raptor Jesus. /grovel.

**Edit** Woot, 400. Hadn't realized.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    ...and what's low scale testing then when it occurs after the Alpha stage?
    Family and Friends Beta/In house Beta.

Didn't realize I had so many followers :P.

They've also mentioned some really cool rewards when you reach level cap through class quests. The reward changing based on alignment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone heard anything about if you'll be able to make macros? A friend and I were having a discussion about the game and that came up, cant recall if anything has been said about it or not.

Deleted
    As far as I know, it's unconfirmed just yet. I just hope the UI supports mouseover abilities straight from the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about if you'll be able to make macros? A friend and I were having a discussion about the game and that came up, cant recall if anything has been said about it or not.
    Macros and addons are not supported at launch. That doesn't mean ever, just not at launch. Also doesn't mean they will be added for sure.

However, the devs have said two things (and this addresses mouseover, as well):

1. They want the UI to be as customizable as possible. You can move a few things around already. I'd expect that to increase.
    2. They are looking at a number of alternative control methods, specifically mouseover casting, to include as options in the interface menu. Believe Gabe said this to a fan at the E3 Meet & Greet.

It's also worth mentioning that the game does keep detailed combat parses.

That was a long ass Q&A, something that i like as it answered many questions i had on my mind . One of the questions surprised me a bit though:

Q. How many flashpoints did you know of while you played? How many did you experience, how was their overall feel?
    A. By the time I got to level 20, I had the opportunity to do at least 20 flashpoints. You have flashpoints in space, on Korriban, all over the place. As for the feel, they are great. There is always a reason for why you are doing them and they are really fun. If you have a hard time learning the mechanics, getting rid of trash, etc, you are in for a rude awakening. Flashpoints can be difficult, even with experienced MMO players.
    That's alot of freaking flashpoints! I am gonna definitely enjoy clearing through them all with my buddies hehe. As far as the game goes, it seems like it's close to finishing with little amount of bugs encountered by the interviewee.

Edit: Then again the game is so massive he didn't test everything but from his impressions it's very polished
    Last edited by DarknessInfinite; 2011-06-17 at 06:02 AM.

I live to cleanse the galaxy of all Republic scum for my great Emperor