Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Morning star = win

I like a nice, simple broadsword. Never cared for katanas and I think rapiers are just silly looking. (yes I get that it's lightweight and intended for stabbing quickly, it's still silly looking imo)

My favorite is the farming equipment known as the Scythe, and not just for symbolism, those things are sharp. Not to mention they look wicked and menacing(the big scythes atleast).
    A runner up would be my katana, followed by my bamboo staff, and finally the famous Balisong, also known as the butterfly knife.

Special thanks to Katana Angel for the lovely signature, check out the other things, at "Request a Signature" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    A pork scratching!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by susaku View Post
    My favorite is the farming equipment known as the Scythe, and not just for symbolism, those things are sharp. Not to mention they look wicked and menacing(the big scythes atleast).
    A runner up would be my katana, followed by my bamboo staff, and finally the famous Balisong, also known as the butterfly knife.
    Always wondered, why the love of scythes? People seem to love them as a badass weapon, but they seem so unweildy.
    Unless you're talking a warscythe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    My my, you really are caught between a roc and a hard plaice.
    Salm one may try to take advantage of your fishy tale and carp on needlessly, but dont let them lead you to a red herring!

Basst to simply ask the top rogues on your server, or look up their specs.

Good luck!
    From the thread 'Poisson question'

Deleted
    hedge trimmer

I am going to go with a simple hand and half sword. Not a very flashy person myself.

OH! Forgot. I have a necklace almost identical to this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/molliejohanson/3404907222/

Cept no copper wire and the end is pointier. It's on hemp string so it can be snatched off quickly, and fits perfectly upside down in your hand. So that the top piece is in your palm, the side pieces are gripped under your fingers, and the pointy bottom piece protrudes from between you middle and ring finger. THAT is my legal brass knuckles in case somebody decides they wanna fist-fight me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

i love to cook so i would prolly choose something like this from Kazuyuki Tanaka.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWUIStudy View Post
    frying pan
    Noboddy said Chainsaw yet? Wonder if it actually would work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    Noboddy said Chainsaw yet? Wonder if it actually would work.
    Chainsaws are heavy, clumsy and loud. Not my first choice of melee weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    (Don't mean to offend with the queers part, just a joke on Blood Elves. I'll gladly take it out if asked.)
    Instead of putting this kind of disclaimer into your post, how about you just don't post it in the first place? /facedesk

OT: I have another:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orthius View Post
    Always wondered, why the love of scythes? People seem to love them as a badass weapon, but they seem so unweildy.
    Unless you're talking a warscythe?
    A regular farmers schyte is indeed not a weapon but a tool, and I'd seriously doubt how effective a warschyte would be. "The pointy end" is small by comparison to the size of the overall weapon, a regular pike would do much better.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Chainsaws are heavy, clumsy and loud. Not my first choice of melee weapon.
    Not that heavy if you compare it to a big axe or big sword. Clumsy, loud and running on fuel however are big issues that would need to be dealt with:P

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Not that heavy if you compare it to a big axe or big sword. Clumsy, loud and running on fuel however are big issues that would need to be dealt with:P
    True, but they aren't built for swinging them around (not easily, anyway).
    The grip is very similar to a minigun.

Dual wielding frostmourne, hell yea!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    A regular farmers schyte is indeed not a weapon but a tool, and I'd seriously doubt how effective a warschyte would be. "The pointy end" is small by comparison to the size of the overall weapon, a regular pike would do much better.

The dangerous part of a scythe isn't "the pointy end," it's the very long blade on the inside of the curved metal head, which, as a farming instrument is used to thresh wheat, and as a weapon is used for slicing down and in by the wielder, not for stabbing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeth View Post
    [/COLOR]
    The dangerous part of a scythe isn't "the pointy end," it's the very long blade on the inside of the curved metal head, which, as a farming instrument is used to thresh wheat, and as a weapon is used for slicing down and in by the wielder, not for stabbing.
    Aye I know, I've used one to cut wheat. Thanks for the correction on the typo, thought it felt wrong but was too lazy to check.

Problem is that while you do get good reach and decent speed from it, it's an innacurate and unbalanced tool. By the pointy end, I simply meant the sharp bit that actually hurts. It's not sharp on both ends and you'd need to actually get around the person you're attempting to cut, and that's dangerous for a whole set of reasons.