Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    That wallpaper looks awesome!

June 28th is the last possible release day for Blizzard to be able to throw something out before the end of Q2, hopefully driving sub numbers up for the upcoming stockholder quarterly report.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranic View Post
    To everyone that thinks that Enhancement is getting a big buff: You are mistaken. Those two spells account for a very small percentage of our dps, and are entirely based off of weapon damage. Thus, once we upgrade our weapons, nothing else will really influence those two spells. It does little to address the actual gear scaling problems of enhancement. When 4.2 hits we will see a modest increase in dps, but it will quickly be overcome by everyone elses dps skyrocketing with better scaling with Firelands loot.
    Don't worry, your feral friends will always be with you. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    [COLOR=#222222][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Times New Roman]Historically most major content patches have been released the week after an arena season has ended, the moment I read arena season ending june 21st I said june 28th patch 4.2. Then Boub claimed 21st June because of Midsummer Festival? I'm happy I will probably get my prediction for the date and my prediction months ago of Mid June to early July 4.2 release. But releasing at this time of year does suck.
    A lot of Wrath patches were released at the end of the arena season, rather than the start of the new one. I specifically remember having to wait a week for the new arena season to start before the new loot pinata boss showed up in Vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharays View Post
    Remeber that nothing is final for the release patch, they could release it earlier like some other patches. They also made an educated guess buy putting that "release date" on their website. So there is still hope for the patch releasing on June 21st 2011.
    Update: The patch release tht was released by a member of mmo-champion was wrong, he said it was going to be on the 28th and it says on wow tht it says 6/16/11. It goes to show you guys that blizzard is using the dates as they are updating patch infomation

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madelein View Post
    Lets see if it remains..

*Remains quietly hopeful*

Remember this won't be given a lot of time for testing on the ptr. It can very well be that once it goes live, they nerf it back down again. Seems to be a movement to appease the masses at the moment..

If you take a look at latest PTR DPS simulations, which I'm not saying are all that accurate at the moment, it surely seems this might have been a slight overkill. (Being on par with Warlocks and Rogues & above Warriors)

However, if (and when) the nerf comes I'm still quite confident that Shamans (Enhancement to be exact) will once again be fairly competitive, which was Blizzards plan all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kira2169 View Post
    Don't worry, your feral friends will always be with you. <3
    I dont know about you, or your friends playing feral, but I am almost always top dps with mine. Its more about knowing how to play the class right now. But atm they seem fine to me

15+ Year Old Account
    Update: The patch release tht was released by a member of mmo-champion was wrong, he said it was going to be on the 28th and it says on wow tht it says 6/16/11. It goes to show you guys that blizzard is using the dates as they are updating patch infomation

Sure.

But lets face it. It will be more likely released on 28th than 21st.

The fact that we still had a patch this week means (with 99% certainty - leaving that 1% wiggling room for myself) we won't be seeing a patch on 21st.

Unless Blizzard seriously wants to rush it, but then again, you'd think they had learned by now..?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerion View Post
    Sure.

But lets face it. It will be more likely released on 28th than 21st.

The fact that we still had a patch this week means (with 99% certainty - leaving that 1% wiggling room for myself) we won't be seeing a patch on 21st.

Unless Blizzard seriously wants to rush it, but then again, you'd think they had learned by now..?
    There is a chance for the patch to appear on the 21st, here are some reasons why:

1. Midsummer fire festival is going to happen on the 21st

2.The trailer for the new patch is already out

3. There hasn't been any MAJOR updates with the patch notes on the ptr

With that being said, its almost certainly that this patch will appear on the 21st of June

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a chance for the patch to appear on the 21st, here are some reasons why:

1. Midsummer fire festival is going to happen on the 21st

2.The trailer for the new patch is already out

3. There hasn't been any MAJOR updates with the patch notes on the ptr

With that being said, its almost certainly that this patch will appear on the 21st of June

Only major change being the Shaman one, true.

Trailer being out doesn't really mean a thing, it's more like a good hype to keep us entertained and going just another week longer.

What comes to Midsummer festival, mm yeah, well it doesn't really require much more than a realm restart does it? That's most likely happening regardless of patch on 21st.

You might be right and I might be wrong, because who's to say they won't push it out 21st. I'm just hoping they don't because then we do know they rushed the patch once again.

Trailer being out doesn't really mean a thing, it's more like a good hype to keep us entertained and going just another week longer.

What comes to Midsummer festival, mm yeah, well it doesn't really require much more than a realm restart does it? That's most likely happening regardless of patch on 21st.

You might be right and I might be wrong, because who's to say they won't push it out 21st. I'm just hoping they don't because then we do know they rushed the patch once again.
    I guess we just have to wait when the patch comes out. The patch is basically done, they just need it to put on live servers and see what people think about it and then they can revise the patch

So if it comes out on Tuesday its rushed but next Tuesday is just perfect? Face it this patch like every other one will be bug riddled and unplayable most of the week no matter when its released.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    So if it comes out on Tuesday its rushed but next Tuesday is just perfect? Face it this patch like every other one will be bug riddled and unplayable most of the week no matter when its released.

Looks like you missed the earlier post I made about the same subject, stating that publishing a major patch only a week after the latest PTR patch, is by any standards, rushed.

Sure we might (and will) find bugs here and there, but be as it may: Time (usually) equals More polished products (in this case, less buggier Patch 4.2).

I wish Blizz would post their wallpapers in 2560x1440 resolution

Still finding it hard to believe that they would release this patch June 28 patches have always come out on the day an arena season ends...

I don't mean to sound rude, but are you certain that the patch is coming out on the 28th? I went on the same page section as the screenshot shown above with the date, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-2 and it it shows 6/16/2011, the date the post was most likely made. Perhaps the date you saw was a typo? Or am I on the wrong page?

*Edit* I guess I should have read the above posts first before posting
    Last edited by Pathosis; 2011-06-17 at 09:41 PM.

I want 1680x1050, anyone know where can i get it in this resolution?

10+ Year Old Account
    They buffed enhancement!? WTF is this real?

Hyped as hell for the enhance buffs just rolled and geared one. I can't wait to see how it affects their Raid DPS.

DK Frost DPS is too high... so we'll give dw Frost MORE procs to do MORE damage. /thumbsup.