Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ragnaros has legs...so why doesn't he move?

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here since we haven't even seen the complete fight yet, but from the patch 4.2 trailer, it appears Rag is gonna be another static fight where he just sits in place. Why? Why did you give him legs then? I mean if I was Ragnaros, I'd parade all over the Firelands chasing people down while they're trying to kill my minions. Wouldn't you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Maybe I'm jumping the gun here since we haven't even seen the complete fight yet, but from the patch 4.2 trailer, it appears Rag is gonna be another static fight where he just sits in place. Why? Why did you give him legs then? I mean if I was Ragnaros, I'd parade all over the Firelands chasing people down while they're trying to kill my minions. Wouldn't you?
    Guessing you missed the part where the legs are on Heroic only?

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I heard he only has legs in the heroic version of the fight, I would imagine who moves then.

As far as I've gathered in the heroic mode of the encounter he starts walking around. With his legs.

Deleted
    People doing normal mode arent worthy to see his legs.

Quote Originally Posted by pirAa View Post
    People doing normal mode arent worthy to see his legs.
    Heh ;p Kinda this, they wanted the heroic encounter to feel very different from the normal mode.

(RED LIGHT)¡¡¡¡SPOILERS!!!!(RED LIGHT)

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post

snip
    Hmm, his protective cup is clipping a lot.

Yeah I guess I missed that part, seems blizzard is trying really hard to convince me with this patch that heroic modes are content.

I mean if I was Ragnaros, I'd parade all over the Firelands chasing people down while they're trying to kill my minions. Wouldn't you?
    Couldn't that be said of ANY boss in WoW history?

Why didn't Nefarian just fly around and burn shit down?
    Why didn't Onyxia just fly around and burn shit down?
    Why didn't Illidan just run around and cut shit down?

Fuck WoW, let's talk about other IP's.

Why didn't Bowser just run around and burn shit down?
    Why didn't Gannon just run around and blow shit up?
    Why didn't Shiro just head to noob island and fuck shit up?
    Why didn't why didn't why didn't....

Because that's how games are designed?

10+ Year Old Account

He has legs/ is moving in the wallpaper...at least i think thats a leg :s
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2011-06-18 at 02:42 PM.

Hey Verdris umad? We're talking about the return of Ragnaros here. The first time around it obviously didn't work for him to sit in his pool of fire while we were rampaging around MC. I was maybe thinking he could go around and make some appearances like Arthas in the ICC 5man dungeons, stirring up shit and showing us what it means to be an angry Elemental Lord.

car accident back in '87. he lost use of them

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post

Wow, that's a nice model

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you ever see Aliens? The alien queen spends almost all of her life attached to this giant egg-laying thorax sac thingy. However, when Ripley blows up all the eggs and sets the queen's lair on fire, she rips free of the sac to chase the humans down. I suspect Ragnaros does something similar. While immersed in his lave pool, he might have greater control over the aspect of fire, but when he leaves it, he gains mobility but sacrifices something more important (but less combat-worthy).

You always fight the villian at his lair, which in this case is Sulfuron keep. It wouldn't be epic to fight Ragnaros if he took early morning walk with his lava hound around firelands.

Deleted
    His legs are only visible in the heroic mode, where he will be walking on his hands, hence the legs being raised high above the lava.

Haven't you learned anything from video game bosses? They all suffer from extreme cockiness. Every single one of them thinks of us as "insects" they will easily crush that are hardly worth their time. Followed by a "WHAT!? IMPOSSIBLE!!!" when they die.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has already stated, he will get up and pretty much walk around in heroic mode.

With lava defiles! ( lols )