Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just thank god it wasn't another post about paragon... thank you thank you thank you. Nothing against them, I'm just sick of seeing their name on top.

Gratz Stars. Though I don't agree with your methods, I applaud you on your achievement and getting the boss down. Not sure why people care so much about world firsts, but grats anyways.

Deleted
    Well wowprogress doesn't say that it was a valid kill so i think everyone can agree it was cheating and move on with our lives.

Deleted
    It's Blizzard's fault, STARS was clever and used a bug that Blizzard created.

Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post
    Well wowprogress doesn't say that it was a valid kill so i think everyone can agree it was cheating and move on with our lives.
    Yep, wowprogress = law, get real..

Deleted
    Well they exploited to get there, not to kill them. So kudos!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atylia View Post
    Yep, wowprogress = law, get real..
    But all the top guilds discrediting it. Yup. So gratz Stars on a world's first in a pool of one.

Quote Originally Posted by jabbazor View Post
    It's Blizzard's fault, STARS was clever and used a bug that Blizzard created.
    Yes it's Blizzard's fault for not closing that obvious bug before, but that doesn't make it any more valid for Stars to exploit that bug. Stars used to be the "guys who do really well despite being at a big disadvantage", but now they're just "those guys who cheat". If I was in Stars I'd be pissed off that whoever made that decision disqualified me from the whole T12 race and I'd be looking for a new guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post
    Wowprogress also ranks guilds that reached 13/13 first UNDER other 13/13 kills based on points earned for defeating halfus heroic first.

Yeah, wowprogress has and will always be a joke. Grats Stars on world first. Nice try paragon.

Deleted
    Totally wankers i must say, takes out all the meaning of competition, as from now they are on my blacklist and will never count any kills from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to go Stars, now you lost like half of your Fanboys and send them straight into Nerdrage and transformed them into Paragon Fanboys. Just way to go. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    But all the top guilds discrediting it. Yup. So gratz Stars on a world's first in a pool of one.
    What their competition thinks of them really doesn't matter. In the realm of public opinion what matters is the publics opinion. And while they managed to get this kill through what can probably be seen as unsportsmanlike conduct, much of the public doesn't really view this as a sport.

As far as world first is concerned, they fought the actual fight and they didn't do anything underhanded in the encounter itself. And consequently, they killed the boss before anyone else in the world killed the boss. So to many, they have the world first.

On a side note, many people say the US starting 2 days early is nothing and not a big deal. Well, if 2 days is nothing, surely 5 days can't be all that much either. This is after all one big reason to not respect any of this world first nonsense as its not a fair race to begin with.

---------- Post added 2011-07-01 at 01:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ultragrisen View Post
    Totally wankers i must say, takes out all the meaning of competition, as from now they are on my blacklist and will never count any kills from them.
    But they're on one of your lists! Means they're more important to you than you are to them =-)

Quote Originally Posted by Terashi View Post
    Wowprogress has a rule against faction change abusers (paying real money for ingame advantage is cheating, no matter what anyone says). So while it may be a "first kill" it really doesn't count.
    you jelly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me but how was this exploiting?

Its called takeing advantage of a flawed system, there is a diffrence.

honestly, jokes on them, they got locked out, got an early non important boss kill before everyone else. its amazing that people are complaining about the first boss, its not like its Rag, or Deathwing. who the fuck cares about one minor boss?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    Can't be a new raiding tier without drama.
    this 10x.also i have never entered that instance as my account is frozen atm.still can't you kill the final three bosses then unlock hc mode then kill the first 3 on heroic??

i have a deja-vu of someone saying something about this,but i'm not certain.

Edit:yea I got it now ...sorry for confusion.it seems like they faction-changed.
    Last edited by WingsofLiberty; 2011-07-01 at 06:32 AM.

Deleted
    US reset before EU ... EU + US reset before TW........... TW reset before........?

WHO FUCKING CARES? They PAYED to change faction, taht is NOT CHEATING. Jeezes, what a bunch of pricks some of you are. And, who the hell cares about the achievements anyway. If you want to feel speciall, try and do the boss's without addons and tactics gathered from people whom killed the boss before... Once again, what a bunch of pricks you guys are.

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post

Its called takeing advantage of a flawed system, there is a diffrence.
    Should check the definition of exploit :P Exploit literally means taking advantage of something, usually in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by trinzel View Post
    US reset before EU ... EU + US reset before TW........... TW reset before........?
    When you faction change, your Raid IDs reset.

Meaning you could clear the whole firelands, faction change and you wouldn't be saved.. but you'd have the achievement from Rag and are able to unlock hardmodes..

This was previously possible by transfering but they fixed it.. Have no clue why they still haven't fixed the FC exploit

I'm far from jealous but i believe they are on 3/7hc....if i heard correct