Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalendil View Post
    Wow, talk about hypocrites. Whenever any guild did something that was at the least debatable, Stars were always on the forefront with taking the moral highground. Now when they themselves think of something, they don't hesitate and go right for it. Definition of hypocrisy right there.
    They should run for public office. Seems right up their alley

Quote Originally Posted by Slapp View Post
    You need to be spoonfed with a text response in order to understand something wrong was done? How about putting two and two together and coming up with the conclusion that in order for someone to recieve a negative sanction (Getting kicked out of the instance) you must have done something wrong. Exactly what was wrong, Im not going to discuss, but something must have been shady to Blizzard, so they decided kicking them out was a good way to punish them.
    Being told to leave non released content is a negative sanction? I thought that's what a ban was considered

This game is too easy, and lame now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamperouqe View Post
    Do they make a blue post every time someone breaks the rules? Man they must be busy. Throwing them out of the instance and locking them for the week was enough proof that it was not right, and if you use your head a bit you wouldn't even need to think about if it was wrong or not.

E: It seems I told you to use your head but not think, something for you to ponder about. Wait, that's thinking too.
    There is nothing stating they have yet to break the rules here. would they? probably not but one like this for world first where all you clowns are QQ ing i would assume they would say somthing.

as far as using your head and or thinking, any tard can say anything about anyone they do not know, please dont hurt my video game feelings here i may not recover from it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    According to whom?
    According to common sense?

If you measure by this method, you are literally comparing the time it took to kill the boss. The shortest time wins. Makes sense if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgor View Post
    There is nothing stating they have yet to break the rules here. would they? probably not but one like this for world first where all you clowns are QQ ing i would assume they would say somthing.

as far as using your head and or thinking, any tard can say anything about anyone they do not know, please dont hurt my video game feelings here i may not recover from it...
    I don't know what to say to you if throwing someone out of the instance and locking them for the rest of the week is not an action stating that they are doing something wrong. Besides, I'm only stating my opinions here since I'm bored. I wouldn't get irritated over something petty like what Stars did especially since I'm not playing the game at the moment, neither would I be in the top race since I finished last tier ranked 44th in the world, which is far from the top. Looking at your post count and join date I've come to the conclusion that you are either a troll or someone with lower than average comprehension abilities.
    Last edited by Lamperouqe; 2011-07-01 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamperouqe View Post
    I don't know what to say to you if throwing someone out of the instance and locking them for the next of the week is not an action stating that they are doing something wrong. Besides, I'm only stating my opinions here since I'm bored. I wouldn't get irritated over something petty like what Stars did especially since I'm not playing the game at the moment, neither would I be in the top race since I finished last tier ranked 44th in the world, which is far from the top. Looking at your post count and join date I've come to the conclusion that you are either a troll or someone with lower than average comprehension abilities.
    lol I too am just way to bored here at work on this Friday. Sorry for being a prick

as far as number of posts..everyone starts from begining at some time

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbustarz View Post
    No. You are misinformed. Reseting Raid ID's isn't supposed to happen with faction changes Either. (If you do not trust me, check out blizzards FAQ regarding the faction changes (it will say something about raid ID's NOT reseting. ))
    Regardless of if it is supposed to happen or not, he was suggesting that this was a unique bug which only Stars could have taken advantage of.

My point was anyone can do it in any Region.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Regardless of if it is supposed to happen or not, he was suggesting that this was a unique bug which only Stars could have taken advantage of.

My point was the fact is anyone can do it in any Region.
    This is what I was told, but apparently I was misinformed and this was happening in the other regions as well. Though it does not change the fact that it was not supposed to happen. It cannot force other guilds to do something which was unintended, use a bug, a loophole or whatever you call it to stand on equal footing with them.
    Last edited by Lamperouqe; 2011-07-01 at 10:47 PM.

Who cares.
    If they want to spend the time and money to get the "World first kill" by exploiting the way faction changes work, let them.

Guilds have been using broken game mechanics to get world first kills since the game started.
    Ensidia exploiting the Disgusting Oozeling pet on C'thun or using Engineering bombs on Lick King platforms.
    Stars using pali Divine Sac to trap players between dimensions on Yogg 0 lights.

Its clever use of game mechanics, not cheating. ( I personally think its brilliant the way they "hacked" the game. )
    If you are upset about this you need a priority check. Its still just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Terashi View Post
    Wowprogress has a rule against faction change abusers (paying real money for ingame advantage is cheating, no matter what anyone says). So while it may be a "first kill" it really doesn't count.
    Agreed. I hope GuildOx also refuses to count this. Using cash to gain an extra week over people is ridiculous.

And also, about that discussion the blues had concerning the person whining about them not being able to PUG the latest raid as-is....

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...10?page=16#310

If you want to zone into a raid with 9 people who know the fights so they can carry you to easy loot, then you don't want to raid. Not really. You want to get easy imaginary purple loot, nothing more. If you really wanted to raid then you would embrace the challenge. You might even need to find a stable group of people to raid with, to make sure that you can learn together. I think they have a name for those groups of like-minded people.
    This should preface any sort of discussion of all PvE balance, always. Forever.

This game is infested with people who do not want to work to overcome a challenge. The community has been diluted with those who simply want to show up and get their digital cookie and get a shiny gold star for bothering to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Grats to Stars! imo they shouldn't get banned for that. Any player has the option to fraction change, blizzard made it so your raid ID resets. There for they didn't cheat. They paid money to get a nice head start on there way to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Xexec View Post
    Grats to Stars! imo they shouldn't get banned for that. Any player has the option to fraction change, blizzard made it so your raid ID resets. There for they didn't cheat. They paid money to get a nice head start on there way to the top.
    Will my raid IDs be reset following a Faction Change?
    Your pre-existing raid locks will not be removed or reset completely, but your character will be assigned appropriate raid IDs for those bosses you have already defeated earlier in the week
    Source
    What this ultimately means is that their raid IDs reseting as a result of faction changing should not have happened and them taking advantage of it was exploiting the system.
    Last edited by Lamperouqe; 2011-07-01 at 11:32 PM.

Deleted
    Well that content last a long time. Give it a week and the strats will be out and people will have the raid on farm mode within the month.

Stars had a hard time already with WoW delays in their region. So there's nothing wrong with being smartasses Keep up the awesome raiding Stars, looking forward to another epic raiding video from you.

This is 100% legal or else Blizz would have changed it LONG ago (this is nothing new).. Congrats Stars.

isnt it kinda sad to spend money on that? and also it does not show any skill by downing bosses before other better guilds get a chance to try the content, imo the downs should be excluded from what people consider "World First Downs", mainly because it does not show more skill than any other guild and tbh it shows desperation to be the very best

• Dungeons & Raids
    • Firelands
    • Firelands Heroic difficulty has been turned off in all regions until the following week's realm maintenance.

Decent temp. fix by blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    They probably CAN'T for the fact that if characters on either side shared the same raid ID, they would both be zoning into the same raid if some players don't transfer.
    OMG please let them fix this "bug" then. I will be faction changing every week to grief people inside an instance. it will be golden

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    This is 100% legal or else Blizz would have changed it LONG ago (this is nothing new).. Congrats Stars.
    Hence why the GM's locked them out of the dungeon as soon as this was noticed and have since hotfixed it so heroic can not be activated till next week. Just because the leter of the law does not state "Thou shalt not faction change to get a new raid lockout" does not make it legal.

Who is John Galt?