Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Did Paragon just become a sellout to greed? (Partnership with Dream)

Back in April, certain members of Paragon took a visit to China for a supposed WOW summit with like-minded Chinese players. Today Paragon posted on its site about the formation of a partnership called Paragon Dream.

Paragon might first want to do a little more research about this e-sports promoting entity called Dream. To sustain the economic viability of the guild (ie to pay for its salaried players), the Chinese guild Dream has been known in the past to sell items and achievements for cold hard RMB(China's currency). And I am not just talking about selling a few pieces of farmed-content items here and there. Anyone with enough cash could hire a full team of Dream workers to come to his server, take over existing characters and buy himself and his guild a realm-first HLK and invincible.

I have no idea what kind of partnership this is, and I can't think of any reason for this partnership, except money. Will Dream's past business model become the future of Paragon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Get your tinfoil hats here!

I remember back in the day, when you played games for fun.

Good times...

Deleted
    Why does it matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying that what you say Dream did (is still doing?) isn't true, but it is definitely against the TOS (accountsharing for one), so I have my doubts.

If it is this well known, I'm sure there would have been bans across the board for both parties involved.

I really doubt Paragon would get involved in this kind of thing.

this beats selling stuffs on the corners doesn't it? They have to make some money in some way, why not through what they like to do the most, playing wow?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread....

/places tinfoil hat squarely on head

Ah, yes. I see now. And no. I cannot possibly fathom this happening from a guild like Paragon.

/tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post

Good times...
    E-Sports has become a profitable industry? hold the lines..

Deleted
    Greed is good.

Don't exactly see what this is about. There are a good couple of guilds around selling items/titles against real world currency, not even to mention all the individuals and pvp guilds selling arena rating. People do all kind of things to get money. True story. And now `?

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT:

If they want to earn "irl" money by selling things, then, well, lol.
    Last edited by Algore; 2011-07-01 at 11:34 PM.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Money is everything within this world OP

Weren't paragon selling the wotlk mounts at the end anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Ncs View Post
    Greed is good.
    idd Greed was my favourite in FMA to bad that he died. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post

Good times...
    How is getting paid to play video games not fun? I'm pretty sure that is almost every gamer's dream at one point or another.

Quote Originally Posted by clockmasher View Post
    Back in April, certain members of Paragon took a visit to China for a supposed WOW summit with like-minded Chinese players. Today Paragon posted on its site about the formation of a partnership called Paragon Dream.

Paragon might first want to do a little more research about this e-sports promoting entity called Dream. To sustain the economic viability of the guild (ie to pay for its salaried players), the Chinese guild Dream has been known in the past to sell items and achievements for cold hard RMB(China's currency). And I am not just talking about selling a few pieces of farmed-content items here and there. Anyone with enough cash could hire a full team of Dream workers to come to his server, take over existing characters and buy himself and his guild a realm-first HLK and invincible.

I have no idea what kind of partnership this is, and I can't think of any reason for this partnership, except money. Will Dream's past business model become the future of Paragon?
    I'm a little lost. Guilds like Paragon already have payed players, via sponsorships and the like, right? So how does THIS suddenly turn them into sellouts?

The Paragon players already get payed for going to stuff like Dreamhack and all that, on top of being sponsored by Steel Series and something else forgot what.. (EDIT: None of them would be making near to what one of the top Starcraft professionals make, it's just probably good side money for them) Paragon also takes in some money from their website.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Weren't paragon selling the wotlk mounts at the end anyway?
    I'm not sure if Paragon was, but I saw Ensidia was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidique View Post
    Why does it matter?
    Seriously, these losers raid for 10+hours to claim world firsts and them "selling out" in your eyes surprise you? I wish Blizzard would bring a 90 min per boss policy for the first 8 weeks of a new raid patch.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Might be news to you but plenty of top guilds openly sell vanity stuff. In fact some are quite public about doing it for $$$ on their forums...
    Last edited by Jinto; 2011-07-02 at 12:12 AM. Reason: grammar is hard