Thread: 4.2 dk pvp

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

4.2 dk pvp

Hey I am looking for a good DK pvp build for 4.2, if anybody knows any it would be really helpful to me. Also if someone could give me rotations/macros with the build that would be cool!
    Thanks
    SethAJS

Frost 2h (I used to use this)
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jbhZGc...bu0h:Mma0bV0Mm
    No rotation. Just diseases --> rape face. Keep Necrotic Strike up on healers, and you'll pretty much always win.

Frost DW
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jbhZMIRbfdRdfz0h
    Same glyphs as 2h. Pretty much the same thing as 2h.

Unholy 2h (use this currently)
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#j0hZG0...uoRk:ksV0VbMzm
    KEEP DISEASES UP. That's pretty much it. Get full runic power, then spam Death Coil. Use monstrosity. Kite if needed. Win.

Of course, these are the specs that I have used/would use (I've never used DW frost this expac, just unholy/2h frost). These specs are not perfect, they are just my playstyle.
    Last edited by Malgru; 2011-07-01 at 06:53 PM.

Well, frost is pretty much dead for arena, but for unholy go with this. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jZG0obZbGcdcfuRRk

Prob be uh, can't wait to see what is viable though wtb season start

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    This is wrong...

You should always have Unholy Command and Improved Unholy Presence maxed. Both are essential, being able to use Death Grip more often and getting an extra 5% rune regeneration is always better than getting Epidemic and Bladed Armor.

Bladed Armor is not very useful for Unholy, the extra Attack Power you receive from it doesn't affect the Ghoul's damage and you can keep up your diseases with Festering Strike.

-- Unholy, PVP
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jZG0oZ...uRRk:sVk0cVzMm

This build provide you with 2 talent points left, it is up to you whatever you prefer to get a free Mind Freeze or spend it on Sudden Doom. If you manage Runic Power well and you get Sudden Doom 3/3, you'll get tons of return as it will provide you with free Death Coil which in return provide Runic Corruption.

Use Death Grip glyph, this provide extra range which is the best against casters, along with Glyph of Strangulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Crainer View Post
    Think frost will still be the best spec, some frost dk's in my guild say they don't notice anything different at their damage
    They said it's now like: 'kill them before they kill you'
    Well i dont see alot of issues with my dmg at all in pvp, but when your trained by 2 melee and no DS spam to help survive ontop of having your HC interrupted now so easily,( you would think 1s cast would get off easier lol ) Just kinda blows, wondering if i stack a lil more resil to compensate but still not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Crainer View Post
    Think frost will still be the best spec, some frost dk's in my guild say they don't notice anything different at their damage
    They said it's now like: 'kill them before they kill you'
    The difference is about survivability of frost spec.For 3s when 2 dps focus attack on frost dk , he dies faster than unholy dk.Because lichborne self heal isnt effective without 3/3 Morbidity + glyph of death coil. Also %20 unholy str effects dc.But ofc frost is a little better than unholy at dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakan View Post
    The difference is about survivability of frost spec.For 3s when 2 dps focus attack on frost dk , he dies faster than unholy dk.Because lichborne self heal isnt effective without 3/3 Morbidity + glyph of death coil. Also unholy str effects dc.But ofc frost is a little better than unholy at dps.
    rofl your saying Unholy has better survieability than frost? lolol wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Frosties View Post
    It does. This is an indisputable fact, and to say otherwise only proves that you don't know much about dks.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jMhobZGhRrfzRd0ub frost 2h 1 min stangulate
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#j0hZGhRrfzRd0ufM frost 2h desecration
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jMhobZGhRrfzRdczb frost dual wield-scent of blood for RP generation as this spec can be RP and rune starved compared to 2h specs

please dont listen to first poster, any dk that takes butchery over unholy command isn't very good. Also I find obliterate too weak on armoured targets to even consider taking, your frost strikes will do higher damage on anything that wears mail or plate and anything in leather except resto druids will dodge the shit out of your attacks anyway making howling blast a better RP generator for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakell View Post
    It does. This is an indisputable fact, and to say otherwise only proves that you don't know much about dks.
    Or he plays one differently than you do.

^ Or unless there's some secret ability it really doesn't have more survivability than Unholy? Especially after DS got fucked?

I mean hell, you could even use Hungering Cold defensively last season if you wanted to (because yes, that has saved games before), well good luck with that if there's a 1.5s cast time on it.

Have you not looked at the changes or anything?...

Oh wait, you can't even spell survivability. My bad.
    Last edited by xBreak; 2011-07-02 at 12:43 PM.

As a result frost has less survivability and less mobility and a little better dps while unholy has more survivability + mobility but a little low dps.It is your choice to pick up what you want.
    You can self heal with lichborne+dc up to 120k while unholy specced.But it is not possible to heal more than 60k while you are frost because of morbidity+glyph of death coil+runic corruption+unholy might.
    Last edited by Drakan; 2011-07-02 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthraxxxis View Post
    Or he plays one differently than you do.
    Well, I could say that unholy dk talents allow your AMS to absorb 100% damage.
    I could say that unholy talents allow your death coil to heal for 15% more than in frost.
    I could say that unholy talents allow you to gain runic power while AMS is up so you can heal twice as much as frost.
    I could say that as unholy you have an anti-magic zone, which is just another great defensive cooldown to absorb some damage.
    I could say that as unholy you always have your pet out, so you can sacrifice it on demand instead of wasting a global to summon it.
    I could say as unholy you have death's advance, which allows you to kite people for a little bit through desecration while you are moving at 70% movement speed.

But being the smart person you are, I'm sure you already considered all of this. Oh wait.......
    This has nothing to do with playstyle man. Unholy has always been better than frost for survivability.

Deleted
    you don't need a good build as a dk, you can win with 0/8/15 every match as a unholy i think

Quote Originally Posted by Lodar90 View Post
    you don't need a good build as a dk, you can win with 0/8/15 every match as a unholy i think
    This post was almost as bad as you.

First off, you can't even spec into another spec with that many points unused.
    Second off, you're calling Unholy OP already. -_- God, you're just a bandwagon kiddy.
    Third and foremost, No.

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.

First off, you can't even spec into another spec with that many points unused.
    Second off, you're calling Unholy OP already. -_- God, you're just a bandwagon kiddy.
    Third and foremost, No.
    Where can I upvote posts?! lol wish I could.

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    ^ Or unless there's some secret ability it really doesn't have more survivability than Unholy? Especially after DS got fucked?

I mean hell, you could even use Hungering Cold defensively last season if you wanted to (because yes, that has saved games before), well good luck with that if there's a 1.5s cast time on it.

Have you not looked at the changes or anything?...

Oh wait, you can't even spell survivability. My bad.
    Oh wait i see your lack of wit, gotcha... add something helpful if you care to post, otherwise keep your lack of gracious comments to yourself champ, thanks...

---------- Post added 2011-07-03 at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakell View Post
    Well, I could say that unholy dk talents allow your AMS to absorb 100% damage.
    I could say that unholy talents allow your death coil to heal for 15% more than in frost.
    I could say that unholy talents allow you to gain runic power while AMS is up so you can heal twice as much as frost.
    I could say that as unholy you have an anti-magic zone, which is just another great defensive cooldown to absorb some damage.
    I could say that as unholy you always have your pet out, so you can sacrifice it on demand instead of wasting a global to summon it.
    I could say as unholy you have death's advance, which allows you to kite people for a little bit through desecration while you are moving at 70% movement speed.

But being the smart person you are, I'm sure you already considered all of this. Oh wait.......
    This has nothing to do with playstyle man. Unholy has always been better than frost for survivability.
    So because you can heal your ghoul with your death coil that makes it more viable eh? icic...

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    dark succor nerf = you dead bro.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I'm 1600
    Okay, I'll add something helpful.

Read what he said again. Better yet, try and explain why Frost DK has better survivability than Unholy right now. Oh, you can't. Nice.

Frost:
    I still take 25% damage even with my AMS up.
    I gain no RP from it.
    My Death Coil costs more Runic Power.
    I don't have Death's Advance, which can save me.
    Oh, if I need an on-demand Pet Sac, well.. SoL.
    I don't have Anti-Magic Zone, either.
    Oh, I could use my Hungering Cold defensively just like Pet Stun and potentially save my life.. but instead I get interrupted.
    Well, sometimes I can get a CoI root off and maybe live.. I'll most likely die anyways though.

Frost/Unholy:
    IBF: 20% Damage Reduction.
    Death Strike: Shitty 7% compared to the 15% of what we had.
    Both have Pet Sac but as I said, one is on-demand and the other isn't.

Unholy:
    Oh, my Death Coils are cheaper.
    I gain Runic Power which fuels my Death Coils through Lichborne.
    I don't take any damage when I pop AMS from casters, at all.
    On-Demand Pet Sac.
    Anti-Magic Zone.
    Ghoul Stun which is instant.
    Ghoul Leap, if transformed, can interrupt in which CAN save you.
    I can't be slowed less than 75% of my normal movement speed if my UH runes are depleted, that means while you're being slowed 50% just by my Desecration I'll still be moving 25% faster, thus I can get away and live.
    Glyph of Death Coil aka 15% more healing from Death Coil.
    Last edited by xBreak; 2011-07-03 at 07:13 AM.