Thread: Firelands loot

Deleted

Firelands loot

Looking through the loot tables, something strikes me as rather odd. I play a boomkin, so I've mostly paid attention to the caster leather loot, ALL of which, has spirit on it. I then, compared this to the cloth loot, which is in fact, the complete opposite. NONE of it has spirit. I can imagine healing priests aren't too happy with that.

And on another note, looking at the loot from Ragnaros. In terms of armor, there's 2 things for clothies, 1 for caster shamans, 1 for plate tanks. Considering these items have a higher item level, and therefore slightly higher stats, overall cloth wearers will have better gear, or at least have better gear available. Leather wearers get nothing, similarly to agility using mail wearers, plate dps, and holy paladins.

The trash loot also makes no sense! For example 3 things useful to hunters, and as far as I'm aware, nothing used by holy paladins. The trash also holds the only useful weapons for warriors using SMF, and duel-weilding dk's; there are no 1-hand strength weapons from any of the bosses.

Where is the logic?!

always have been like this.

unbalanced, like the whole game.. why

should the loot be any different.

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

It's frustrating that the 1h strength weapons are only from trash loot. I suppose in the end it's alright because you'll be farming this for a while and I'm sure we all have stories of how many times this or that dropped from BoT/BWD trash. I guess I'm lucky I've got duel heroic Akirus for titansgrip so I won't be too far behind in the weapon department.

I do think sometimes though that they don't really think the loot through and it tends to be fairly biased. One patch will be tank loot galore, another clothies, etc etc. I realize loot is supposed to feel/be random, but when you farm the same boss for 7 months and still don't manage to see the 1 last piece you need, it's highly frustrating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rytog347 View Post
    Looking through the loot tables, something strikes me as rather odd. I play a boomkin, so I've mostly paid attention to the caster leather loot, ALL of which, has spirit on it. I then, compared this to the cloth loot, which is in fact, the complete opposite. NONE of it has spirit. I can imagine healing priests aren't too happy with that.
    There's a very simple reason for this, 2 specs in the game use leather caster gear and both of the use spirit, 9 specs in the game use cloth gear and only 3 of them use spirit. For those classes all the crafted, rep, tier etc. gear has spirit on it and I think a few drops as well.

As for Rag and Trash loot, I don't know what it's like since I haven't even looked at it yet. However by your wording it sounds like you're looking at only a specific part of the loot "in terms of armor?" and then judging based off of that. Look at the whole loot table and then count up the useful pieces that are meant for each spec, i'm sure they are roughly equal. Some specs who also have the options to double dip into other specs' gear might benefit (ie: cloth spirit users taking cloth non spirit gear) however that's a sidenote of the spec itself, not specific to Rag of Firelands.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-07-02 at 11:27 PM.

Deleted
    I can imagine healing priests aren't too happy with that.
    We aren't.

Rawr.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

And on another note, looking at the loot from Ragnaros. In terms of armor, there's 2 things for clothies, 1 for caster shamans, 1 for plate tanks. Considering these items have a higher item level, and therefore slightly higher stats, overall cloth wearers will have better gear, or at least have better gear available. Leather wearers get nothing, similarly to agility using mail wearers, plate dps, and holy paladins.

The trash loot also makes no sense! For example 3 things useful to hunters, and as far as I'm aware, nothing used by holy paladins. The trash also holds the only useful weapons for warriors using SMF, and duel-weilding dk's; there are no 1-hand strength weapons from any of the bosses.

Where is the logic?!
    Logic within WoW OP?

That would make too much sense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    There's a very simple reason for this, 2 specs in the game use leather caster gear and both of the use spirit, 9 specs in the game use cloth gear and only 3 of them use spirit. For those classes all the crafted, rep, tier etc. gear has spirit on it and I think a few drops as well.

As for Rag and Trash loot, I don't know what it's like since I haven't even looked at it yet. However by your wording it sounds like you're looking at only a specific part of the loot "in terms of armor?" and then judging based off of that. Look at the whole loot table and then count up the useful pieces that are meant for each spec, i'm sure they are roughly equal. Some specs who also have the options to double dip into other specs' gear might benefit (ie: cloth spirit users taking cloth non spirit gear) however that's a sidenote of the spec itself, not specific to Rag of Firelands.
    My point is, that it's unnecessary for ALL of the caster leather loot to have spirit, you'd expect one or two pieces to not have it, instead of boomkins having to reforge every piece of gear. And similarly, all of the cloth loot NOT having spirit, you'd expect some of it to have it!

I say in terms of armor for the Ragnoros loot, because theres a weapon for almost everyone, tier heads, a few trinkets. A cloth dps could come out of that boss kill with 5 shiny new epics; gloves, belt, trinket, head, weapon. Whereas, for example, a holy paladin would get head and weapon. So cloth dps would have higher average item level, better stats... And would have more bragging material (;

10+ Year Old Account
    My point is, that it's unnecessary for ALL of the caster leather loot to have spirit, you'd expect one or two pieces to not have it, instead of boomkins having to reforge every piece of gear. And similarly, all of the cloth loot NOT having spirit, you'd expect some of it to have it!

I say in terms of armor for the Ragnoros loot, because theres a weapon for almost everyone, tier heads, a few trinkets. A cloth dps could come out of that boss kill with 5 shiny new epics; gloves, belt, trinket, head, weapon. Whereas, for example, a holy paladin would get head and weapon. So cloth dps would have higher average item level, better stats... And would have more bragging material (;
    boomkins like spirit very much.

hunters didn't have a single useful BoE drop from trash during tier 11. we got our revengeee biatch=*

Edith wait we had one neck from BoT but i never saw it drop..nvm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    boomkins like spirit very much.
    Boomkins like spirit as much as mage/locks like hit (; There's such thing as too much :P We don't need shit loads of it on every item!

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomkins like spirit as much as mage/locks like hit (; There's such thing as too much :P We don't need shit loads of it on every item!
    It's not on trinkets or tier. They should be alright.

Deleted
    Perhaps, but then perhaps not. If you want non-spirit gear there is plenty of it on ring/neck/trinket/wep. There is also tier armor pieces you can get made special for your spec. They can't have boss loot tables cover everything the way valor tier sets do because then the loot tables would be 100 items long and it'd be impossible to get anything. RNG loot off of bosses should always strive to use the least amount of items to cover the lowest common denominator imo. In this case that means that yes, 100% of boss drop gear that's caster leather should have spirit on it since that stat is in high demand by both 'kin and tree.

In my raid for instance we don't have a boomkin. Why should bosses drop any leather gear tailored to that 1 specific spec only? Boomkins can still take plenty of other non-spirit pieces in all their non-armor slots and can even take the tier armor gear which is tailored specifically for them. However boss drops should cover the lowest common denominator or else you'd end up fucking way more guilds than you help.

The ONLY time this policy will become an issue is if you force so much spirit onto the gear that people can't drop below the hit cap. Given all of the non-spirit off pieces, the tier gear designed specifically for the spec in each tier and the power of reforging that's pretty much impossible atm.

This is true in itself for guilds who have farmed Rag for months, so yeah after you have absolutely every BiS in the game clothies (and I assume str plate since that's the other highly represented type) would have a better BiS list than a more specific class/spec. But by the time you get there gear has ceased to matter at all, you're just farming.

However having 5 cloth pieces vs 2 holy pally pieces is perfectly balanced for all other situations, because most guilds will have far more clothies than they will holy pallies. They have to balance loot tables around situations where the loot matters, not around theoretical BiS combinations.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-07-03 at 03:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    It's not on trinkets or tier. They should be alright.
    That's debatable. As a boomkin, if I was to use one of the trinkets from rep, I'd use the 'healing' one. It'd be the choice of solid spirit, with intellect use, or crit, with intellect use. And considering crit is... Well, pretty damn awful, I'd feel inclined to get the spirit one, and attempt to reforge my gear so I'd get haste/mastery instead of the not so useful crit.

In my raid for instance we don't have a boomkin. Why should bosses drop any leather gear tailored to that 1 specific spec only?
    Well, they have to make loot designed only for holy paladins, so why not only for boomkins? (;

In this case that means that yes, 100% of boss drop gear that's caster leather should have spirit on it since that stat is in high demand by both 'kin and tree.
    Using that logic, 33% of the cloth gear should have spirit on it since it's used by all priest specs.