Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Y'mean her and Vereesa, right? And perhaps Storm--as sad as it is, she's rarely actually effective in combat. RE: The one notorious scene where she goes into shock from just hearing the word "tomb," and then knocks herself out with her own power as soon as she's awake.
    Vereesa's a great example. Spend half of your book inexplicitly hating the superawesomesharptalking protagonist and then push out twins for him at the end. She's forgivable at any rate... we all know she's having an affair with Halduron.

Great by what standards? Twilight's? Sure, by those standards he's a literary genius. By the other Blizzard writers' standards? I'm not sure why they didn't just keep him working on dragons, which is the only area he has any genuine talent in.
    I would say he's about on par with the Twilight author. Both have Mary Sue's they obsess over, both use inane, ridiculous plot devices, and both have a rabid fanbase that wouldn't know real literature if an English Professor beat them in the face with it mercilessly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Vereesa's a great example. Spend half of your book inexplicitly hating the superawesomesharptalking protagonist and then push out twins for him at the end. She's forgivable at any rate... we all know she's having an affair with Halduron.
    That would explain a whole lot. And since Rhonin's too busy training his raptor army to go into a battle of the bands against the turret symphony from Aperture Science, she's gone to someone a lot more relatable, ya?

---------- Post added 2011-07-05 at 02:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    I would say he's about on par with the Twilight author. Both have Mary Sue's they obsess over, both use inane, ridiculous plot devices, and both have a rabid fanbase that wouldn't know real literature if an English Professor beat them in the face with it mercilessly.
    Difference is, Knaak is good for something. Need some dragon canon whipped up? Give him a ring. Anything else? Give him a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiide berth.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    I think it has more to do with his "warrior and gladiator" persona known as Lo'Gosh (aka The Ghost Wolf), rather than becoming a Worgen.
    This ^
    I honestly chuckled when I read the tittle. Stormwind riots would be crazy! AMG worgen ruling us?!?! QQ'z

As a Varian hater, I just wish for his horrible, painful demise in this book...which likely won't happen unfortunately >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventashar View Post
    Would be interesting if something did happen for Varian to become a Worgen.

With Knaak it probably will.. I mean.. going from being compared to Lo'gosh because of how he fights, then he suddenly is possessed by the spirit and apparently has 2 personalities.. He's already set up to get knaak'd into some kind of Worgen god.

Since they decided to make lore a big thing In-game it's really gone down hill.. Personally they need something written BY Metzen to atleast straighten things out. Too much magic going on in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    With Knaak it probably will.. I mean.. going from being compared to Lo'gosh because of how he fights, then he suddenly is possessed by the spirit and apparently has 2 personalities.. He's already set up to get knaak'd into some kind of Worgen god.

Since they decided to make lore a big thing In-game it's really gone down hill.. Personally they need something written BY Metzen to atleast straighten things out. Too much magic going on in my opinion.
    It'd be nice if they just took a patch or two and took the focus away from Conan the Barbarian versus Conan the Barbarian Who Flunked Preschool.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would explain a whole lot. And since Rhonin's too busy training his raptor army to go into a battle of the bands against the turret symphony from Aperture Science, she's gone to someone a lot more relatable, ya?
    Well, you know, when it comes down to the near-eternally youthful guy who outrolled Lor'themar on Thori'dal vs Knaak's red-coated puppy dog, there can only be one answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Well, you know, when it comes down to the near-eternally youthful guy who outrolled Lor'themar on Thori'dal vs Knaak's red-coated puppy dog, there can only be one answer.
    It really looks like Lor'themar multiclassed warrior/hunter anyway.

this would be really cool if it actually happens

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    As a Varian hater, I just wish for his horrible, painful demise in this book...which likely won't happen unfortunately >.>
    Don't worry fellow varian hater (and garrosh hater), this whats about to happen to Varian is worse then death. Varian has become another character caught in the web of knaak, and with that, his role in the story has now well and truely been knaaked. Some characters can only wish for death who suffer this indignity.

ugh, jesus christ. Knaaks problem is he makes the most obvious mary sue characters imaginable. Something like that is the definition of a TERRIBLE author. Why does blizzard keep coming back to this moron.

Wow, maybe I was wrong with my assumption that Metzen and co. had asked Knaak to kill off Falstead in Night of the Dragons, and he just failed to do it. I mean, would you continue using the author that made you look like a bunch of know-nothings?

Here's to hoping that Knaak has been reading Golden's books and has actually learnt something about descriptive narration, character development and the actually meaning of "they all but......" esque sentances. His in ability to understand that "they were all but defeated" means "they took a pounding, but they're still going" and doesn't mean "they were routed" just drives me insane. Make that mistake once or twice, understandable, but to make it a dozen times in almost every book you write?! If he can get past that, then he will be tolerable.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Once you've been knaaked, theres no going back'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Hatin Knaak is cool, right?
    Having an actual opinion rather than regurgitating internet catchphrases is even cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    Hatin Knaak is cool, right?
    There's usually a reason when someone catches as much heat as Knaak does. That reason is, nine times out of ten, they're terrible at their job but keep getting work for some unfathomable reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's usually a reason when someone catches as much heat as Knaak does. That reason is, nine times out of ten, they're terrible at their job but keep getting work for some unfathomable reason.
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst part is, that blizzard even tries to pass off his writing as canon, without realising how bad it really is. I dunno if they even bother to read those books, or see anything else in comparison to show how bad it can get.
    Yes the dragon part works from his books because not a lot of other writers do anything with dragons in wow (and frankly glad, had enough of dragon lore in wow of late), but as said, anything else he does is just rubbish, badly directed and makes well loved characters into damsels in distress or marty sues.

---------- Post added 2011-07-05 at 09:59 PM ----------

Lets just imagine for a sec what this new novels going to be like.

Varian will be the central role obviously. Theres likely going to be other characters, but there be background fodder. There be a female role, Jaina most likely, or Greymanes wife, both of whom will be damsels in distress. Varian will solve all problems he's faced with. OH, and the best bit, something I always notice in knaak books, is that he doesn't write things from the perspective of both factions, its always been from the alliance = good horde = bad thing with him, so anything from the horde side will of course be evil and without reason. Varian thus saves the day and now probably can unlease the powers of goldrinn.
    Last edited by orcshaman24; 2011-07-05 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Just had a vision of hell, GlaDoS written by Knaak.......
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2011-07-05 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    Can I sig this? XD