Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not quite it with the going further by 20% a day mush. Starting slow really means starting slow. So do the 20 and the 5 tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. When it doesn't feel like you're going to die and you think you can squeeze another 2 out, do them, but otherwise you'll just hurt

A really good exercise plan for at home is the British Army Circuit training for pre entry exercise. It sounds scary and it won't be for beginners initially but google it and take bits from it to use. It's made for being used at home with no equipment so when you can start doing the different bits you could start using parts you like and work your way to being able to do all of it.

That and you're saying running isn't for you, how about trying swimming? It's low impact as you're being supported entirely by the water and you can go at your own pace, even if you're just floating around at first. Even 15 minutes a day of splashing around is a great start.

And yeah it's not about stopping eating, it's about eating the right things. Veg is good, pasta is healthy. Fruit for snacks etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    just start your day of with a slow 10 min jog around your park or street block, then as your stamina/fitness increases, run more and you'll soon see that your losing weight.
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

Quote Originally Posted by Edenoverlay View Post
    Not quite it with the going further by 20% a day mush. Starting slow really means starting slow. So do the 20 and the 5 tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. When it doesn't feel like you're going to die and you think you can squeeze another 2 out, do them, but otherwise you'll just hurt

A really good exercise plan for at home is the British Army Circuit training for pre entry exercise. It sounds scary and it won't be for beginners initially but google it and take bits from it to use. It's made for being used at home with no equipment so when you can start doing the different bits you could start using parts you like and work your way to being able to do all of it.

That and you're saying running isn't for you, how about trying swimming? It's low impact as you're being supported entirely by the water and you can go at your own pace, even if you're just floating around at first. Even 15 minutes a day of splashing around is a great start.

And yeah it's not about stopping eating, it's about eating the right things. Veg is good, pasta is healthy. Fruit for snacks etc.
    The closest pool is about 1 mile away. So, swimming is really out of the question. However. When I do those Jumping-Jacks.. I could have totally done about 30 or so. It's those damned push-ups that got me >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Please glance at this thread I made a loooong time ago (don't bump it!!!!) for ideas on how to eat properly.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...General-Health
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Please glance at this thread I made a loooong time ago (don't bump it!!!!) for ideas on how to eat properly.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...General-Health
    Thanks so much <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Cut your carbs, get your body into Ketosis, so that it's burning stored fat as it's primary source of fuel. It will help your lack of energy. I've heard a lot of friends/people say they are going to start by just concentrating on their diet and then later add exercise. I always advise against that. You're much less likely to go off your diet if you get in a good workout first thing in the morning.

Working out for an hour and burning 400 calories (assuming you go for a light walk) really helps people get an understanding of what they put into their bodies... a can of soda is 110 calories and 30-something carbs. Do you really want to waste an hour of exercise on a 12 oz drink?

Try checking out a low carb diet. Tbh its not hard to follow at all, and you don't have to be a scientist to get it.

Personaly I have been trying it out for 2 weeks now, without working out, and I have lost 3 kg. (6lbs?) Im european so I don't know that weight thing of yours :P
    Anyways, Im 1,95 cm tall and weight 81kg now, so loosing 3 kg in 2 weeks is a bit.

But as said, its pretty easy. Just stop eating carbs at all, and start eating alot healthyer. Fat is actualy alowed here.
    Stay away from sugar, pasta, potatoes, rice and even some kind of fruits, and start eating more meat, fish, veggies.

I mean, you eat more of the thing thats actualy good, and less of the "filler" food.

And the bonus? You can eat as much eggs and bacon you want basicly :P

Other than that, get your ass out of the house, and be more active. Buy a dog or something that forces you to go outside walking it. (a real dog, not that kind of tiny skinny useless rat dog)
    Start drinking water instead of all that soda.
    And start eating less.. You don't have to be full all the time. That stretches your stomack sack, and will in the longterm make you able to eat even more, since you don't feel full.

Start thinking about what you eat, and you will be fine.
    Last edited by Thoroth; 2011-07-06 at 10:04 AM.

How are you doing those push ups? In the Army you're shown an acceptable push up for a woman (I'm not being sexist honestly, you're a bit more top heavy than us guys lol) is to have your knees on the floor as well and rock the push up on them. Have your knees on the floor so you start as if you're crawling and lift your feet up and cross them over. You'll be partially supported by your knees, obviously be on a carpet or something soft though lol. Could you not cycle to the pool?

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first started trying to get in shape, I started doing daily walks/run/jogs and then I moved onto going to the gym 4 times a week didn't focus too much on the diet I probably should have to speed up the process.
    I wasn't as large as you so it's hard for me to say, but if you're really motivated and committed to this then it wont be trouble at all, I personally enjoy working out, but if you find it boring then that might be a problem I find that taking breaks from lets say time consuming games really helps the motivation.

Just like people have been saying, regular walks etc to start off and then when you feel up to it maybe start running or going to the gym, don't go on a diet imo, just don't over eat or eat heaps of bad food. And most importantly get motivated, think about how great you will feel to have all that energy and how sexy you will look!

eat whatever you want, but in much lower quantities, 45min walks 2-3 times a week.
    might be hard with the reduced calorie intake, will feel hungry etc but thats a stage you need to overcome and the body gets used to new amounts,
    after that its get bit easier.
    Last edited by Mavett; 2011-07-06 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edenoverlay View Post
    How are you doing those push ups? In the Army you're shown an acceptable push up for a woman (I'm not being sexist honestly, you're a bit more top heavy than us guys lol) is to have your knees on the floor as well and rock the push up on them. Have your knees on the floor so you start as if you're crawling and lift your feet up and cross them over. You'll be partially supported by your knees, obviously be on a carpet or something soft though lol. Could you not cycle to the pool?
    I'm doing the pus-ups as if I was still in 5th Grade. Get down, Elevate your body from your feet.. and use your arms to go up and down. This totally made me feel super-tired, and after 5 I was literally *done*

I need to get a Bike. If I had a Bike, I'd probably go to the Pool everday. It's $30 for a years pass. It's inside, so.. going in the Winter would be an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Thanks so much <3
    No problem. Eat less, move around more
    S (moderator)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

try to eat on time of day, dont eat at night i heard u gain more weight that way. anyway i had a friend who was rly fat and in 3 months or so he managed to lose like 45 kilos, indeed thats alot, and the secret was: he went to gym 3 days per week (2hours or so) he used bikes alot, sweat is good. he started to eat alot of non fat food, tuna fish without oil and stuff like that, avoid pasta, bread also. drink water and alot of it. when u wake up after shower try and do a few exercices, and also most important is to be patient u wont lose weight over night, but if ur rly motivated to do so im sure u will manage!

Quote Originally Posted by Oursaviour View Post
    quick tip about eating:

Eat 3 proper meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) every day with the healthy stuff already mentioned. Eat until you're full and don't eat until the next meal of the day. If you want a snack, eat healthy fruit like apples and oranges, but try to stick with 3 meals a day.
    I hear 5 smaller meals is better - could be wrong though. Something about it keeping your metabolism running all day or something.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Deleted
    Best breakfast ever is porridge - just don't add honey or sugar or cream It cleans your system and is very filling. I lost a ton of weight just by switching from packet cereals to porridge every day. Also people who eat porridge several times a week rarely get bowel cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    I hear 5 smaller meals is better - could be wrong though. Something about it keeping your metabolism running all day or something.
    5-6 Small meals works great for a lot of people. As long as you make sure they are actually /smaller/. A lot of people take that and eat the same sized meal 5 times heh.
    S (moderator)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Well get a bike then. They're useful and you can just go out on it on nice days for exercise on that alone. It's way more interesting than staring at a gym wall. Google the correct way to do a pushup, and try with the one with your knees down. 90% of people have no idea that they're doing it all wrong lol.

I just lost about half a stone by thinking about what I eat, I quit smoking after 7 years and gained a belly and a half. By just choosing the sensible (not specifically healthy, just not the worst) and not snacking when I was bored I got rid of the belly quicker than I thought I would. I stopped drinking the fizzy drinks as the high amount of sugar gave me short bursts of useless energy and made me feel drained the rest of the time. Honestly water or squash is the best thing to drink.

Hey bud, I was in the opposite boat as you. I was skinny as heck and had no energy. I ate lots but my body has a high metabolism. I started about 3-4 years ago lifting a 8 pound weight 20 times a day. each arm. I started seeing sesults in probly a month or so.

Anywho, more to my point: Instead of fasting, you can maintain your eating habbits and slowly work out. Once you're body is in a position where it's muscles are able to be used at a decent level, then start feeding your body it's neutrition it needs. It sounds counterproductive but if you're lacking motivation and enjoy your eating habbits (not saying you have bad habbits, but if you do ) then this should work. Tone the muscle you have first, start eating moderatly healthy, then the muscle you have slowly accumilated at the start will help you burn weight in no time

I don't want to sound offencive but pardon my terminology D:!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 tip: Motivation.
    It's all about motivation mate, if you ain't got any, you won't be able to do it :P It's kinda the same thing as trying to get off the computer as a computer addict. You need to "discover" that you don't want it anymore. Only then will you be able to do it :P It won't be easy, but yeah tahts kinda how it works.

Deleted
    From someone in kind of the same boat as you. Not to the same degree, but still.

It is important to know why you have to do what you have to do, otherwise it wont make sense, and you are more inclined to skip that certain step.

Basically, we get fat for one reason, and one reason only. We absorb more energy than we expend. That is all. Restrict the energy intake, and you will see a progress. Now, if it was only that simple, we'd all be looking like models. There are certain other factors to relate to, but this is your key phrase. You need to expend more energy than you take in.

Now, what you need to do, is to focus on cutting the stuff out you DON'T need, and replacing it with stuff you DO need. And you will absolutely have to change your diet. Exercising alone will not have much of an impact vs an unhealthy diet, so this is where you need to start.

1: Eat often, but smaller portions. You should eat at least 5-6 times per day. Your breakfast should consist of mainly carbohydrates, as this is what gives you the energy for the day. Also, it is important your stomach has something to work with, to keep it occupied, so choose something with as much fiber as possible. Branflakes, for instance. Only eat a small bowl with milk. Eat an apple or two on the side, if you are still hungry. For a pre lunch snack, have some vegetables and lean meat (chicken, turkey, a cut of lean pork - absolutely no skin). For a bit of flavor/fattyness, you can add a teaspoon of oliveoil to this. Have around 100 grams of meat, and as many veggies as you want. For an afternoon snack you can go for a can of tuna in water, some more veggies and an apple. For dinner, more lean meat and steamed veggies. Evening snack, a couple of hours before bed. An apple/orange.
    Cut out the sugar, don't drink sodas of any kind - even zero or light.
    Now, the important thing is that you are consistent and under no circumstance starve yourself. YOur body will react negatively to this, and start holding on to the resources. You want to keep feeding it, so it learns that there is always more food coming, so burning energy is ok. You just need to make sure that it is the right kind of energy that goes in.

I've got plenty more to say, and I've been through this myself, dropping almost 70lbs. PM if you want more advice.