Team to win the super bowl

who do you think will win the super bowl this year!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of an odd question considering we may not even have a season, and if so we may be stuck with replacement players (I'd rather just go watch the movie).

Assuming everything works out, I don't seen anything stopping Green Bay from repeating.

This team deserve the winning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Kind of an odd question considering we may not even have a season, and if so we may be stuck with replacement players (I'd rather just go watch the movie).

Assuming everything works out, I don't seen anything stopping Green Bay from repeating.
    There won't be replacement players. This isn't a player's strike. Only in a strike situation can replacement players be brought in. In a lockout, the owners would be absolutely fucked by the government if they tried to play with replacement players as it most certainly violates their anti-trust agreements.

It is impossible to tell who will win the Super Bowl at this point. No rookies are under contract. There are still literally hundreds of free agents who aren't under contract. No one has any idea what rosters will look like at this point. Until that stuff starts to shape up you can only base predictions on the team name and the handful of players they have under contract. Going off that, I would say Green Bay or Pittsburgh.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pittsburgh if there actually is a season, which at this point there looks to have been zero progress made in the lockout scenario. With the NBA also in a lockout now, it looks like Americans might have to turn to hockey starting in August because there won't be much on aside from people driving in a circle for 3 hours.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Pittsburgh if there actually is a season, which at this point there looks to have been zero progress made in the lockout scenario. With the NBA also in a lockout now, it looks like Americans might have to turn to hockey starting in August because there won't be much on aside from people driving in a circle for 3 hours.
    Barring a major, major set back, the NFL lockout should be resolved within the next 10 days. There should be little to no interruption of the offseason. The last two major sticking points right now are the rookie wage scale and something else I forget. Lawyers are drawing up agreement language today and then the NFL and NFLPA will meet again on Thursday for more negotiations. Unless things crumble again like they nearly did at the end of June, there should be a deal in place by July 15th.

The NBA on the otherhand is all sorts of fucked right now. The owners don't want to pay the players $160 million they owe them for last season because revenues were so much higher than salaries which are a required percentage of revenues. The NBA claims they are losing money like crazy, nearly half a billion dollars last season, when the outside financial information that people actually have access to suggests that that is utter bullshit. The NBA lockout could very well end up being the NHL's last lockout.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-07-06 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Hey, I bleed black and gold, but I wouldn't be so quick to say the Steelers. They have a major weakness in the secondary and it has been exposed. Sucks that they can't even TRY to sign anyone to help... not that they would. They rarely make big splashes in FA.

Then again, if they can shore up their pass defense, then the sky is the limit.

Green Bay is surely a contender. Baltimore too (so long as they don't have to play Pittsburgh in the playoffs ). The Jets have been knocking on the door. And never rule out New England (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little).

Actually , I never see it coming for the Packers.

But my question could more like : Who you dont want to see at the Super Bowl , Jets , Pats , Steeler

I would love to see Falcons to do something good this year ,