Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Web] Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome

So, as some of you may or may not know, SyFy is producing a 2nd BSG spinoff titled Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome.

The story is set to take place during the first cylon war. 10 years into the war in fact. It will closely follow Adama as well as new characters we haven't seen.

Production began in Feb for the 2hr pilot.

So what do you guys think? Will this be a stinker like Caprica? Or, do you think it will capture some of what made BSG awesome and re-kindle the love of the franchise?

Me? I can't wait to check it out.

Further Reading (taken from wikipedia)
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-chrome/69283/
    http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....galactica.html
    http://blastr.com/2011/02/filming-begins-on-battles.php
    http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/...ftware-genius/
    http://blastr.com/2011/01/young-william-adama-cast.php
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...r-pilot/82345/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles...ood_%26_Chrome

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, for the love of all gods that may be listening: leave BSG alone! It was awesome. It ended. Stop kicking its corpse.
    And I'm still going to watch it.
    Frakking cylons!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Please, for the love of all gods that may be listening: leave BSG alone! It was awesome. It ended. Stop kicking its corpse.
    Really? I could go for more! Caprica was a miss-step sure, but a series during the cylon war is what a lot of people hoped caprica would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Really? I could go for more! Caprica was a miss-step sure, but a series during the cylon war is what a lot of people hoped caprica would be.
    I guess I'm just a bit scared. "The Plan" was underwhelming (for me at least) and Caprica... Let's just not talk about Caprica. I love the series, really, but I don't want to see it exploited again and again.

Meh I'm not really excited about watching a show that is going to follow Adama as a Viper pilot when the flashback of him from Razor was one of his first actual missions. Right when the war ended. Color me unimpressed.

Caprica was part of the plan for the orginal run of BSG rite? SO this new one would be the first in the franchise that has no links to the original creators vision, hugh?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Mark me down in the hopeful but scared category. It is extremely hard to recapture the things that made the original so amazing. Hopefully they will get it right... but I am not optimistic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Caprica was part of the plan for the orginal run of BSG rite? SO this new one would be the first in the franchise that has no links to the original creators vision, hugh?
    Not 100% sure. I think (if Caprica was successful) it would have led into the first cylon war eventually, but never got to that point. Too bogged down with sidestory for people to get hooked.

The creators had this in mind for sure. Ronald D. Moore has been attached to all three projects.

The Plan, I didn't mind. It was a lot of stuff we already knew which is why I think it didn't do well. I dunno. If its fresh and gets off to a good start I think it can have some legs. That's why I'm pleased that it takes place 10 years into the war and isn't a "origins" story. I think there will be lots for people to latch on to.

Deleted
    I too am getting the feeling they're trying to milk the franchise too hard.

I also dislike prequels. It just feels undramatic if you know the ending ahead of time. At least the original BSG didn't reveal too much about the first cylon war so there's plenty of opportunity for it to develop its own lore. I hope they don't delve too much into the religious topics again. I feel that part has been done. I'd like them to explore other aspects of cylon nature.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Caprica was originally unrelated to BSG, It got shoe horned in for marketing reasons.

The real problem with Caprica was this: It was boring. Well written dialog with an interesting backdrop and a nice set of characters that just had absolutely NO payoff whatsoever. Part of the appeal of BSG was its "hard" scifi approach to space combat, and amazing cg battles that resulted, this new series hopefully gives us that back along with the thought provoking dialog of Caprica and Early BSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I too am getting the feeling they're trying to milk the franchise too hard.

I also dislike prequels. It just feels undramatic if you know the ending ahead of time. At least the original BSG didn't reveal too much about the first cylon war so there's plenty of opportunity for it to develop its own lore. I hope they don't delve too much into the religious topics again. I feel that part has been done. I'd like them to explore other aspects of cylon nature.
    Yea, if they take the time to really develop it and create some really intriguing characters with great casting again, then it will have a shot. Most of the time they don't do that though and BSG was so well done that it will make me sad if they do another hack job on something related to it.

They didnt learn their lesson after Caprica it would seem...

I can't wait. Caprica was incredible, but because it was a dense story with little action and no popular appeal, it got cancelled. I'd actually love if they continued that sort of bleak, complex storyline, but I won't be too concerned if it's more "mainstream" either. More BSG is always a good thing.

Battlestar Galactica Blood and Chrome

Blood and Chrome web series started today.

Is it only in Machinima? Any other source? For unknown reasons, it's blocked for Brazilian users =/

Quote Originally Posted by alessandrouw View Post
    Is it only in Machinima? Any other source? For unknown reasons, it's blocked for Brazilian users =/
    Not available in Australia either /sadface.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's the video:

Quote Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
    They didnt learn their lesson after Caprica it would seem...
    This seemed more like the BSG first seasons. Caprica felt like it was trying to get something accomplished but it took too long.

So far it seemed like a good show, effects look nice.

So far I prefer Caprica, but it's too early to make a decision. Need longer episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Caprica was awsome. It started out slow, but got better and better. Sad that it ended.

As for B&C looks ok so far. And they may even make more if it goes well.