Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Firstly, I would recommend getting on a nice bicycle something along the lines of Dbol, Synthol or Tren after you have done that for about 8 weeks paired with intense sand bag wrist weights and eating upwards of 3k+ cals of pasta a day move on and get yourself some Clen.

After this you should be in a shredded state of mind and you should be shredded yourself.

no homo.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    Cardio is useless, you burn very few calories over a long period of time. In fact, cutting calories along with cardio will start to break down your muscle instead of your fat.

My 2 cents:
    Calorie cutting (aim for 1500 and no less than 1300-1400), interval training mixed with some heavy lifting on large groups of muscles (pull-ups, deadlifts, push-ups). That should allow you to gain more muscle tone while losing fat.
    I agree that cutting back on calories is what loses weight. But cutting that low can be dangerous. First, the person needs to find out their basic metabolic rate(brm), & factor in their activity. Then they can cut the calories by 10-20% or 500 calories. Eating at 1500 could possibly put them below their bmr.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 12:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    This is totally wrong. it is by FAR not irrelevant at all.
    you dont want to eat just before bedtime, of in the 3 hour window before going to bed. reason is that your body will instead of working as it should be, by cleaning out your body while you sleep it will be working on the food you have in your body. And in results you will not be able to burn fat etc while you sleep. just the food you've eaten.
    This is why fasting is a very good way of staying healthy and also lose weight. By saying its irrelevant is showing how little you know(not to be harsh but i've seen just to many people claiming stuff without having backup for it)
    You will continue to burn fat while you sleep, all that matters is that you stay at a deficit(full stomach or not, it does not matter). I have posted studies/research to back up what I stated in earlier posts in this thread & others. Feel free to look for them, or check out pubmed. It's fine, no offense taken.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by drjonz View Post
    Sorry if this ahs already been said, to many pages to read through. Drink water instead of soda, with the meals however eat 5-6 times a day but smaller portions, the more often tour body is digesting food the higher your motabalism becomes. go here http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/find...39-female.html there is a lot of useful info on this site. Diets, exercise, everything your gonna want to know. I used that site at nearly 200lbs and got down to about 150 in 4 months. if you stick to it, it will work but the hardest part is changing the habits you have created for yourself.
    I would stay away from the articles posted by BB.com, they're usually full of wrong information. What you should actually be reading is in the forums, Nutrition & Losing Fat sections. Guess it worked for you though, congrats.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rufcat View Post
    This x10. Great advice.

One thing to add is to cut down on your carbohydrate intake, and try not eat very many carbs after lunch. Two of the major carb intense foods are bread and pasta.

Good luck to you.
    No. I'm pretty sure you posted this exact same thing in another thread, & told you it was wrong.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kiddykong View Post
    Just keep doing cardio and a LOT of it, and cut down on carbs
    Cardio is not necessary for losing weight, you don't have to cut down on carbs either.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fhaz View Post

I never said it wasn't important, did I? I actually noted as much earlier in this thread.
    "Eat breakfast, period. Even if it's not necessary to lose weight, it's beneficial to your overall health."

Sounds like that's what you're trying to get across.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read through all eleven pages so if someone already mentioned this, sorry.

But to be honest, the key to healthy eating, even if you cheat a little bit on whatever diet you choose, is to actually eat constantly - but in tiny tiny portions. If you eat about six to eight times a day but each time you DO eat it's handfuls, just enough to take the edge off and give SOMEthing to your stomach (of course, that something being something healthy, like a piece of boiled fish or a half a cup of peanuts or a couple of apples) you will force your metabolism to work CONSTANTLY therefore burning calories NON-stop, and since you won't be GIVING said metabolism enough for how much it is burning it'll start burning everything else on you, like the fat.

The thing about that also, though, is that it'll burn muscle a bit faster than the fat so if you do slight weight training you'll retain your muscles and the diet will focus on the fat.

This is, honestly, the simplest and easiest way to lose weight (in my opinion, anyway) because you're never starving and you can even have some of your favourite foods because they get burned quickly, and the workout aspect is just light maintenance. I mean if you want to work out more than that to speed up the process further or even simply to tone up then by all means, just make sure you replenish the extra energy burn by a couple of more peanuts or pieces of fish. :P Also, when dieting in general, it's good to pop a multi-vitamin every day (One-A-Day Women's is amazing) just make sure you take it with food or it'll hurt your tummy and not absorb into your system very well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix-187 View Post
    to OP: Scoobysworkshop.com Changed my life forever.
    I've never been to his site, but I have seen a couple of his videos. One which is plain dumb, is "If it tastes good, spit it out"...I can't take someone serious after watching that. Sounds like broscience to me. His workout videos are ok I guess, that department is my weak point though, so I wont comment on that.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eruanne View Post
    I didn't read through all eleven pages so if someone already mentioned this, sorry.

But to be honest, the key to healthy eating, even if you cheat a little bit on whatever diet you choose, is to actually eat constantly - but in tiny tiny portions. If you eat about six to eight times a day but each time you DO eat it's handfuls, just enough to take the edge off and give SOMEthing to your stomach (of course, that something being something healthy, like a piece of boiled fish or a half a cup of peanuts or a couple of apples) you will force your metabolism to work CONSTANTLY therefore burning calories NON-stop, and since you won't be GIVING said metabolism enough for how much it is burning it'll start burning everything else on you, like the fat.

The thing about that also, though, is that it'll burn muscle a bit faster than the fat so if you do slight weight training you'll retain your muscles and the diet will focus on the fat.
    None of this is true, last couple of pages actually discusses this. Don't blame you for not reading all the posts though, it is a pain.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 12:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TiduZ View Post
    For losing weight diet is actually a lot more important than exercise, though exercise does speed up the process a bit and has a lot of health benefits. You want to mainly focus on your diet though, eating less food than your body burns naturally through the day. You ideally want to eat many small meals throughout the day and not eat anything a couple of hours before you go to sleep. Eating foods that are low on the glycemic index (http://www.the-gi-diet.org/lowgifoods/) like plain oatmeal and sweet potatoes also helps versus things like bread and potatoes. You can lose as much weight as you want through diet, the key is consistency and knowing how much you need to eat to lose weight and sticking to that. You can use an online food calculator/journal like www.fitday.com if you are willing to put the effort in, otherwise you can just be conscious of how much your eating and make a dedicated effort to eat the right amount.

You said you wait 5 hours between meals, that's definitely not how to do it. Eat every 2-3 hours, just don't eat a lot. 300 calories per meal is a good amount, get out the measuring cup and do the math if you aren't used to figuring that out. ~6 meals a day every 2-3 hours, ~300 calories each for a total of ~1800 calories. I'm not sure how many calories you need to eat to lose a healthy amount of weight (~2 pounds per week is a good target) so you have to sorta figure that out.

Because your BMI is 38 you can likely lose a LOT more than 2 pounds per week initially, but after a month or two it will slow down a lot and 2 pounds per week is always achievable.

Your exercise right now seems to be mostly pushups. Pushups aren't great for losing weight since you can not sustain a high heart rate for a long period of time, which is what will help you lose weight. Same with jumping jacks, you can't keep that up for a long period of time, its too intense at the moment. You don't need to jog or run to get a good cardiovascular workout, you simply need to maintain a high heart rate for a long period of time (20-30 minutes is a good target). If that means walking slowly then so be it, but you want to raise your heart rate for a good deal of time rather than do 10 pushups and be "done." You should be working hard enough that its difficult but not so hard that you can't maintain the exercise for at least 20 minutes. In terms of effort, you should be sweating, breathing heavily, able to still talk with someone but not able to carry out a lengthy conversation with ease. Your heart rate should be at least around 130 and ideally closer to 160+ (depending on age). You can do this every day if you like but should do cardio at least five times a week. Like diet, consistency is the key.
    Please read the last couple pages....

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be rude, genuine curiosity, but are you a doctor of some sort...? I learned what I did from a doctor and it was later confirmed by a nutritionist, did they get together and conspire to lie to me? :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Just a plain ole 22 year old who likes to read a lot & started researching about dieting/nutrition after I decided to turn my life around. Amazing what one can learn in such a short time. I'm sure they didn't lol, probably using outdated information.

Do lots of leg and core excercises.

That will allow you to carry your weight and gradually work it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Two words:Portion control
    Learn what a cup really is or a table spoon.
    Learn the difference between a craving and hunger.
    Drink water.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    Two words:Portion controlLearn what a cup really is or a table spoon. Learn the difference between a craving and hunger. Drink water.
    This is actually what I started to do when as well when I got serious with my weight. Instead of eating 2 sandwiches, ate 1. Served myself 1/2 of whatever I normally ate(ex: 1 serving of rice, instead of the usual 2-3). Food choices didn't really change, except for soda, completely cut that out for water/low cal drinks. Just wish I stumbled across the BB.com forums & pubmed sooner, & did things accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikomei_TFC View Post
    Nope. Just a plain ole 22 year old who likes to read a lot & started researching about dieting/nutrition after I decided to turn my life around. Amazing what one can learn in such a short time. I'm sure they didn't lol, probably using outdated information.
    Isn't staying up to date on things kind of a huge factor of being in the medical field? I'm studying to become a Pharmacist, I sure as hell know I gotta stay on top of that shit lest one day I give someone meds that got pulled off the market and accidentally kill them. It's also kind of depressing to think that the people that are supposed to have the final say are the ones spreading misinformation (<-general statement).

To OP: everything being said about not drinking soda is true. And if that's not enough think of it this way; if you leave a nail in a can of Coke for 24 hours it will freaking DISSOLVE - do you REALLY want something like that in your tummy? D: Water is your friend, I promise.

Deleted
    Well i won't lie, it'll be very veery hard and will take a pretty long time to shift the wieght and get down to a normal bmi. The most important thing is your will power, set yourself goals and diet and talk to people so they can help. Your diet must be balanced, which includes fats,carbohydrates and everything else. I'd say increase your water intake and decrease the amount of soda n sugar you take in. Exercise wise i'd advise starting slowly and softely by something such as walking places more rather than using cars/public transport. I'd say join a gym and focus solely on running machines as gaining muscle will increase your wieght as muscle is more dense than fat.

You need to be prepared to hit walls (metaphorically) and it'll be hard both emotionally and physically, the important thing will be to remember your goal and why your doing it. I'd say set yourself rewards so say for each stone your drop you allow yourself a single treat like a burger or whatever you want. This obviously takes alot of self control however but may make it easier. Remember this will not be an overnight process, it may very well take months and very likely a few years to shift all the wieght to get down to a normal bmi (20-24 if i remember correctly).

Remember that alot of people try and fail to do this so theres no shame in wanting to quit. Just remember that if you can do this you will not only feel well and truely fantastic and the sense of achievement will be pretty damn overwhelming, you will also be in much better shape for the rest of your life and greatly improve your quality of life for your entire life. It'll be a pretty damn hard experience for you but if you can just remember it'll be so worth it in the end. You have all my best wishes in this and hope it goes well

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruanne View Post
    Isn't staying up to date on things kind of a huge factor of being in the medical field? I'm studying to become a Pharmacist, I sure as hell know I gotta stay on top of that shit lest one day I give someone meds that got pulled off the market and accidentally kill them. It's also kind of depressing to think that the people that are supposed to have the final say are the ones spreading misinformation (<-general statement).

To OP: everything being said about not drinking soda is true. And if that's not enough think of it this way; if you leave a nail in a can of Coke for 24 hours it will freaking DISSOLVE - do you REALLY want something like that in your tummy? D: Water is your friend, I promise.
    I'm sure it is. But I'm not the person who should be answering that question(I personally have no interest going in to the medical/nutrition field at this time). But yeah, I agree. I try to stay on top of things as well, you won't believe the things I see when people post "diet plans" that their nutritionist gave them. Myself & other posters try to point them in the right direction. Just have to do your own research or be ready to provide "current/recent" information.

Calorie count. Become a student of the nutritional info rectangle on items, and get a food scale.

All weight loss is a net loss in caloric intake in comparison to the amount necessary to keep your weight and higher amounts needed to increase it. Find an appropriate caloric amount for yourself based on height/ideal weight and work based off that. www.loseit.com is a good resource for this kind of tracking.

We live in the internet age, flex your mental muscle and delve into the wealth of info.

--

And on a personal note, try workout routines like the Russian Kettlebell Challenge. Kettlebell specific exercises (not dumbbell exercises adapted for kettlebells) are incredible for increases not only your strength, but your energy/endurance and build crazy core strength.

Like MMA fighters, you never see them with giant pecs, but huge obliques and backs. That's where real strength comes from, chest and biceps are puny and weak muscles by comparison.
    Last edited by ShiroRX; 2011-07-09 at 07:52 PM.
    Wedge: "You know, the Imps on Coruscant used to call two Corellians together a conspiracy. Three they’d call a fight."
    Corran: "More fools they, then. Any Corellian knows three of us together is a victory."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I used to eat once a day, but the meal was huge and usually right before bed.
    I actually plan to do this soon. Not for any specific reason, just because I can to be quite honest. Oh, I am in no way trying to offend you either. Seeing that are alot of people who do this & still get the results they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    It does the same thing to a tooth, though it takes much longer. Its crazy what Coke will do to our insides.
    It really is! I cut soda out of my life for years before one day giving in to a craving thinking, what the hell, one can won't kill me. Except it practically almost did because afterwards my stomach hurt so bad I thought I got an ulcer. Never again. ><;

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 07:55 PM ----------

I'm sure it is. But I'm not the person who should be answering that question(I personally have no interest going in to the medical/nutrition field at this time). But yeah, I agree. I try to stay on top of things as well, you won't believe the things I see when people post "diet plans" that their nutritionist gave them. Myself & other posters try to point them in the right direction. Just have to do your own research or be ready to provide "current/recent" information.
    You know what, fair enough. I think it's time for me to do some research.

Here's how me and my girlfriend lost weight recently. Keep in mind we were in no way obese, but we were both on the high end of the "normal" scale.

I am 180cm and my weight was 78kg, which results in a BMI of 24,1.

I Googled a web-page and calculated how many calories I burned per day, which resulted in 2200 calories per day.

I then just cut my calorie intake down to 1200 calories per day and lost 10kg in 2 months (8 weeks).

Now, this requires insane willpower as the first week or two you will be hungry and you want to eat all the time. But it pays off in how fast you lose weight.

Now, to answer the inevitable questions .. "bla bla bla bla unhealthy ... bla bla bla bla" -to which I respond: Is it really? Sure it isn't optimal for your body, but neither is most peoples regular diet and they seem to cope. Besides, it's better to have a regular weight than it is to be obese for your health. So whatever works, do it!

It's easy to calculate how many calories you take in per day, just look at the back of the food you buy and calculate - sure it takes a while, but do you wan't to lose weight or not

Anyhow, my entire family is pretty much obese and I love them equally, but I wished they had healthier lives! So good luck with this mate, I hope you lose a lot of weight in whichever way you chose.

And remember to take care of your health, if you chose this "starvation" method, don't overdo it - don't lose more than 2kg per week in the beginning and after a week or two, cut back to only lose 1kg per week.

Also, to be safe, consult your doctor before doing this just to be safe. Just because it worked for me, doesn't mean it works for you.
    No Screenshot. No Signature. From WMV or Ingame. Make it big.

Watch me create signatures on Youtube here - Watch my signature gallery here

15+ Year Old Account
    drink more water, work out at least 3 times a week, cut down calorie intake, adopt a healthy and balanced diet and participate in some type of sport.

i don't see someone not losing weight if they commit to these things routinely.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inferis View Post
    I am 180cm and my weight was 78kg, which results in a BMI of 24,1.

I Googled a web-page and calculated how many calories I burned per day, which resulted in 2200 calories per day.

I then just cut my calorie intake down to 1200 calories per day and lost 10kg in 2 months (8 weeks).
    Completely unnecessary, but like you said "blah blah blah". Are those 2200 calories your bmr? Did you factor in your activity? Adjust to maintenance, & drop by 500 calories? I'd seriously re-evaluate your choices.

Please read the last couple pages....
    I read all 12 pages, so your either ignorant or trolling. The advice I gave is solid, more than I can say for yours.
    {broken signature}

Deleted
    "Eat breakfast, period. Even if it's not necessary to lose weight, it's beneficial to your overall health."

Sounds like that's what you're trying to get across.
    I'm honestly intrigued by how you can interpret that as a claim of not hitting your required nutrition.

Do indulge me, please.