Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The leaked roadmap isn't the end all be all of the future of Blizzard. My guess is that WoW will continue to make expansions as long as it has customers. I highly doubt that EQ had its current storylines mapped out when the game originally was created or even 5 expansions in.

As long as there is money flowing the game with will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmad View Post
    Wasn't there a "map" somewhere where it says like 6.0 is the last expansion with Sargeras?
    There was a "leaked" product release slate for blizzard games that Boub said he would do something nasty to people if they tried citing it as fact on the forums.
    It shows a wow x4, and then x5 (which would be 6.0)
    With the way subscriptions have been going, and the looming downfall of wow (its going to happen, nobody is #1 forever) I can see them scrapping the x5 entirely in favor of having whats left of blizzards developers work on Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    would you like it if a car dealer consistently tried to sell you a 1945 car with new paint?
    What if they were trying to give me a car for free?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    this game isnt free the last time i checked

this game isnt free the last time i checked
    But they could make the arguement that the content updates are provided for free. We pay for access to the servers, for them to store our characters, and fix any bugs that might be around.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Game has a cost, so does its Xpack, then it has a subscription fee. There is nothing free here.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    But Ner'zhul could still corrupt Bolvar and start another uprising of the scourge and return Kel'thuzad to the world of the living again I suppose.
    Except Arthas puffed out Ner'zhul when he became Lich King, and Frostmourne was destroyed, so I don't think Bolvar is going to be an issue. So yes, Ner'zhul is dead (Rise of the Lich King).

Deleted
    What was recycled in the Nefarian Onyxia encounter?
    What is recycled in the Ragnaros encounter?

Good story doesn't change major characters every chapter. Reoccuring characters have way more depth than random bosses with random models.

But they could make the arguement that the content updates are provided for free. We pay for access to the servers, for them to store our characters, and fix any bugs that might be around.
    i pay $15 a month for new content, not the same content from 6 years ago

The "Access" to servers argument is old and debunked:

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=20510

Its mentioned several times in this and other blizzard posts that the fees keep content coming. The only reason for the "Server access" Clause in the ToU is for a legal fall back that more or less says "You agreed that you own nothing in WoW" as well as a way for pretentious know-it-alls to quote the ToU as if it is actually legally binding. The fact is that blizzard has said before that sub fee = content and since they have its rather sad to see people still screaming "SERVER ACCESS!" like parrots because they heard some other sheep say it on the Wow boards.

*Which it is not, check out court cases involving ToUs, they have a VERY low rate of holding up, there is usually something about them that is judged as illegal and once one hole is in it the whole contact is null and void.)
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    What was recycled in the Nefarian Onyxia encounter?
    What is recycled in the Ragnaros encounter?

Good story doesn't change major characters every chapter. Reoccuring characters have way more depth than random bosses with random models.
    Onyxia, Nefarian, and Ragnaros.

Good characters with good story give depth. Reoccurring characters are just reoccurring characters

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Except Arthas puffed out Ner'zhul when he became Lich King, and Frostmourne was destroyed, so I don't think Bolvar is going to be an issue. So yes, Ner'zhul is dead (Rise of the Lich King).
    Remember, the books are not canon in game. They have either ignored or retconned books content when it conflicts with what they want to do in game. And there is always the correct answer for when you have story like problems:

"A wizard did it"
    Wow.

Deleted
    No, you pay $15 a month to get to hire an account on Blizzard's servers, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmster View Post
    No, you pay $15 a month to get to hire an account on Blizzard's servers, nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post
    The "Access" to servers argument is old and debunked:

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=20510

Its mentioned several times in this and other blizzard posts that the fees keep content coming. The only reason for the "Server access" Clause in the ToU is for a legal fall back that more or less says "You agreed that you own nothing in WoW" as well as a way for pretentious know-it-alls to quote the ToU as if it is actually legally binding. The fact is that blizzard has said before that sub fee = content and since they have its rather sad to see people still screaming "SERVER ACCESS!" like parrots because they heard some other sheep say it on the Wow boards.

*Which it is not, check out court cases involving ToUs, they have a VERY low rate of holding up, there is usually something about them that is judged as illegal and once one hole is in it the whole contact is null and void.)
    Swing and a miss

Onyxia, Nefarian, and Ragnaros.

Good characters with good story give depth. Reoccurring characters are just reoccurring characters
    Now you are just blindly hating lol.... What is wrong with having a character show up again? Some people are so dumb and will hate on anything blizzard does. Seriously, if you hate it so much that you cant see straight when they show a character a 2nd time, then you should just quit. Also, never read a book. Ever. You will be mad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    something to do with
    twilight hammer, cho'gal zombie mode
    elements (water,earth,air- most likely water) so neptulon or the krakken
    a new old god , C'thun or yogg (most likely c'thun since we didn't kill yogg that long ago)
    Something separate but taking advantage of the cataclysm (more trolls, infinite dragon flight, emerald dream etc)
    Something completely new (LOL)

I hope for mal'ganis or another demon themed patch that wants to take advantage of the weakened horde/alliance as well as trying to stop the old gods...If all the old gods suddenly became free the burning legion would have an even harder time trying to capture azeroth especially if their aren't any mortal races for them to corrupt..
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2011-07-15 at 05:47 PM.

If Sinestra doesn't count, Ragnaros and Nefarian don't count, either.

They have entirely new models and entirely new fight mechanics. There is literally nothing about them that is recycled aside from their names.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    most people with that line of thought knew nothing of the content 6 years ago and still don't have a clue, so in a sense yes you are wasting your money...too bad it took you 6 years to realize that.

And yes I am entitled to say that since did ZG years ago, I also did Nef and i don't feel like I'm being robbed. Also I drive the same car I used to drive years ago, same model new version not much of a difference so you can call that "rehashed" as well just like you you may now be posting from your new Iphone or any other smartphone that is basically a "rehashed" version of the old one .
    Last edited by mmoc94e579c637; 2011-07-15 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post

They have entirely new models and entirely new fight mechanics. There is literally nothing about them that is recycled aside from their names.
    /facepalm

He wasn't counting sinestra as the FINAL BOSS of a tier because she was a special encounter for ONLY heroic mode.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post

Sinestra doesn't count because before this she was just a dragon flying around in shadowmoon valley