110 31.43%
  • League of Legends

219 62.57%
  • Both!

21 6.00%
Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Heroes of Newerth vs. League of Legends

Which do you prefer, in all honesty? Or do you, like me, play both based on which friends play which?

Not trying to start a flame war, but I didn't see this question posted here. The time is nigh!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timun View Post
    Which do you prefer, in all honesty? Or do you, like me, play both based on which friends play which?

Not trying to start a flame war, but I didn't see this question posted here. The time is nigh!
    I've played a lot of both. At first I loved HoN and hated LoL, because I played so much DotA, HoN was very familiar to me.

But now I kind of like LoL more than HoN. The F2P aspect means more of my friends play it, and the community is a hell of a lot nicer.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

I really dislike HoN though I love LoL. Both communities have upsides and downsides. I just feel LoL is a lot more aesthetically pleasing. The shopping system makes a million times more sense, the slightly smaller map and less mazy jungle is a lot easier to learn, and the zoom actually feels at a comfortable level, whereas I always feel HoN is just that bit too close.

I've tried HoN several times and I just CANNOT get into it. LoL simply seems to be more fun in general, and nicer to look at graphically (I prefer cartoony to gritty).

Also F2P is a big thing, especially for getting friends playing.

I like Bloodline Champions, it's wicked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots View Post
    I really dislike HoN though I love LoL. Both communities have upsides and downsides. I just feel LoL is a lot more aesthetically pleasing. The shopping system makes a million times more sense, the slightly smaller map and less mazy jungle is a lot easier to learn, and the zoom actually feels at a comfortable level, whereas I always feel HoN is just that bit too close.

I've tried HoN several times and I just CANNOT get into it. LoL simply seems to be more fun in general, and nicer to look at graphically (I prefer cartoony to gritty).

Also F2P is a big thing, especially for getting friends playing.
    Thats precisely what i think
    LoL will win no doubts about it. Not because most people prefer it to HoN, but because much more ppl have tried LoL and not HoN, instead of the other way around.

LoL is 100% more user friendly then HoN is, i got into a HoN game once and had no idea what to do, there tutorial is completely broken, the hotkeys dont work in the tutorial and its not a very good way to try and get new people into the game, as well as there item shop/s being very confusing to navigate

10+ Year Old Account
    I also appreciate the LoL community over HoN
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't played HoN but I love the characters in LoL. Even though they make new ones every couple weeks the majority of them are really cool and unique. Same with the style.

If they ever expanded that universe into other game genres I'd be interested in playing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Haven't played HoN but I love the characters in LoL. Even though they make new ones every couple weeks the majority of them are really cool and unique. Same with the style.

If they ever expanded that universe into other game genres I'd be interested in playing them.
    Same here, I think they could make a pretty cool anything. Games like LoL have so much potential in other genres
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

I prefer LoL but both are nice.

LoL will win the poll regardless which is better thought because more people play it.
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

I quited LoL beacause of the queue times. Now i only play WoW and , you know, go outside xD
    Everytime you whine, blizzard lags a server.

Deleted
    Im guessing this will be closed by page 3.

I like bits and pieces of both. I prefer to play HoN, but more of my friends play LoL since it's free, so I usually end up playing it more. If I had my way, I'd move all the LoL items/heroes over to HoN's graphics/mechanics. I don't get why people complain about the communities, they're both awful if you're not playing with friends. Play like a champion and nobody will complain. I also think the creep AI in HoN is vastly superior to the LoL one. Finally, LoL doesn't have a version of HoN's Shrunken Head, which makes me a very sad Pandamonium.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2011-07-16 at 03:56 PM.

This thread may turn out bad...

But I play LoL over HoN. But I haven't given HoN a try 'cause of the monetary barrier (even though I have the money), so I give it the benefit of the doubt.
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

The main reason more people play LoL is initially LoL is free to try (even though hon has a trial) and is more user friendly. Both games get really repetitive though >.>

They both have horrible elitist communities. When it comes down to it, LoL caters to casuals with its free charge and game mechanics, while HoN caters to more competitive gameplay. I personally find HoN much more fun to play because of the graphics and animations. LoL will always win polls like this because it has lots of more people playing

10+ Year Old Account
    HoN is a good game. However, it has the worst community I have ever seen.
    Going with LoL.

haha LoL fanboys uber alles. Filled with people that isnt familiar with "teamplay" and once on a killstreak based on luck theyre going to go emo mode and only think of their K/D. Explained it, im sorry!

Also, i dont know about the community since i dont play it that much, but. Its free so ofc most people play it.
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Deleted
    got to lvl 30 in lol, so i have atleast some experiance, but then i tried hon (10 free games) i didn't knew what to do. And i died once or twice early since i didnt knew the enemy champion or my own and the flaming began quickly.

I played HoN when it was a free beta with a few of my friends who played DotA. I was pretty lost and a bit over whelmed. After the beta closed we found LoL. Played that for a year (still do) and I feel that all the time spent in LoL made HoN easier to handle. Really there both pretty similar and the only thing is just learning the items and what the champs strengths and weaknesses are.

*1800+ games of LoL
    *150 HoN