Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    wowreforge :-
    Fantastic place to perfect your stats, i got my 8.01% hit from this site!
    www.reforgecalc.de is better for that job. For hunters at least. And you will land on 8.00% hit.

problem with that is that it is in german and the change to english doesn't translate the entire site =/

Plus when I click on what I assume is the calculate button, nothing happens for 5+ minutes.

And its still way better. Yeah, it takes longer..prolly like 10 mins to calculate all variables,
    if you search here on the forum, the author of that site has explained why aswell. And
    you can see there, why the site is better aswell, for the options it has. If you want to min/max already, you should go for the
    best thing, not the next best.
    But knowing german is a plus for me i guess, dont know the problems with the translation there, since i havent tried the english version.
    Last edited by kunn; 2011-07-16 at 06:39 PM.

well there you go: it's not better if it's not accessible to the general public.

Deleted
    well there you go: it's not better if it's not accessible to the general public.
    As a regular visitor to reforgecalc and with zero knowledge about german i can easily navigate the site, the only thing you need to do the first time there is press buttons and see what happens, its not like something is going to break and if you fuck up you just start over again and press another button. So if you spend more then 3 minutes on the site you can quite easily navigate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    As a regular visitor to reforgecalc and with zero knowledge about german i can easily navigate the site, the only thing you need to do the first time there is press buttons and see what happens, its not like something is going to break and if you fuck up you just start over again and press another button. So if you spend more then 3 minutes on the site you can quite easily navigate it.
    you underestimate the patience level of the general public.

I did get it working and in fact it could only produce 8.01% hit for me which i already have (8.00% is not always possible) but I'm just saying the average person is not going to go through so much just to get a perfect reforge and +-0.03% is going to be acceptable to the general public.

If this was "survival hunter's guide for the advanced raider with lots of theorycraft" of course reforgecalc.de would be a part of it.

But it's not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kunn View Post
    www.reforgecalc.de is better for that job. For hunters at least. And you will land on 8.00% hit.
    That website is utter shit. wowreforge is the best out there.

I've just tried it again and whenever I try hitting the start button it just stays at 0% for about 5 minutes and then page refreshes and nothing happens.

Can any of you tell me how to do it properly?

Deleted
    I've just tried it again and whenever I try hitting the start button it just stays at 0% for about 5 minutes and then page refreshes and nothing happens.

Can any of you tell me how to do it properly?

What i do is fill in server, char name and press "Read character from armory", "continue", Press the preset i want or type in my own reforge-statweights, Press "Weiter" (no idea what it means) then "continue", "Start of the calculation", let the bar fill up to 100%, then i press "ergebnisse betrachten" (no idea what it means) and click the #1 reforging plan, it is ussualy the best of them.

Hope it helps.

or type in my own reforge-statweights
    how do i do this part?

Deleted
    The part where you can choose presets press then 2nd button "formel veröffentlichen" and type in what ever you want, or press a preset and just alter the stats #´s or placing, for example you can change "961!hit > crit > 757haste > mastery" Witch is the standard SV preset to "961!hit > crit > 3470haste > mastery" when you might have enough gear for then 2nd (or 3rd) haste plateau.

Hope this makes any sense, im extremely tired atm :P

ok well, where on this site does it tell you how to do that?

Deleted
    The 3rd step, after you have filled in the server and name and after you have confirmed that its your char, when you are suppose to chose a preset.

The 3rd step, after you have filled in the server and name and after you have confirmed that its your char, when you are suppose to chose a preset.
    No, I'm asking where the instructions in how to write the specific code of 961!hit> crit > 757haste > mastery

Deleted
    No, I'm asking where the instructions in how to write the specific code of 961!hit> crit > 757haste > mastery
    I have no idea where it tells you how to write your own preset, i just tested some different things and noticed you could change a preset or make your own, and if you press a preset and press "use this formula" it will be a box in where you can type your own things.

But as i said before: Try and press on different buttons, if somethings happends just redo it and press another button and in the end you will figure stuff out, its not like something is going to break because you try different things.

I have no idea where it tells you how to write your own preset, i just tested some different things and noticed you could change a preset or make your own, and if you press a preset and press "use this formula" it will be a box in where you can type your own things.

But as i said before: Try and press on different buttons, if somethings happends just redo it and press another button and in the end you will figure stuff out, its not like something is going to break because you try different things.
    can you see my point about this being too long-winded for the average person though ?

Deleted
    can you see my point about this being too long-winded for the average person though ?
    Yes and no, i can understand that people dont want to or have the patient to do this, but then again why not include it in your guide and show how to work the program because if you read this guide you will most likely be new to the spec, stat weights and other things that you can automize on the reforge website. So yes i can understand people dont wanna do this, but if they already are here and reading the guide, then i would expect people to have at least some patient and some will to maximize ones char.

well i can still say that after I followed all your instructions, I still can't get it to work. The bar stays at 0% and my "actual position" just keeps going up and up (not sure if thats intended or not)

whereas wowreforge has clear drop down boxes that tell me exactly what i need to do, gives me what I want (hit close to 961 and haste at least 1778) and gives a nice clear summary at the end.
    Last edited by Illana; 2011-07-17 at 02:26 AM.

I just tried it with your char(Illana, Karazhan, EU), WIth the formula 961!hit > 1778haste > crit> mastery, and i got 20 different versions, with exactly 961 hit.
    I may be wrong, but if i remember correct, this is why that site was created. Due the wowreforge guys going the easy road, telling sometimes exact hit, crit etc is not possible, and that it. While it turned out to be wrong.Just needed a better formula for it.

Necklace of Smoke Signals No reforging
    Lightning-Charged Spaulders 67 mastery -> haste
    Sleek Flamewrath Cloak 67 hit -> haste
    Lightning-Charged Tunic 102 mastery -> crit
    Hide-Bound Chains No reforging
    Lightning-Charged Gloves 59 haste -> mastery
    Firearrow Belt 72 mastery -> crit
    Lightning-Charged Legguards 75 haste -> hit
    Boots of Vertigo 59 hit -> crit
    Splintered Brimstone Seal 63 mastery -> haste
    Matoclaw\'s Band 48 hit -> haste
    Fluid Death 128 hit -> crit
    Ranseur of Hatred No reforging
    Lava Bolt Crossbow No reforging

Stats before: Hit: 962 (8.01%) Crit: 2139 Haste: 1713 (13.38%) Mastery: 497 (10.77%)
    Stats afterwards: Hit: 961 (8.00%) Crit: 2018 Haste: 1778 (13.88%) Mastery: 554 (11.09%)

For example, but that wasnt the best option, the best one was a bit different(more crit, but not the exact haste you wanted)
    Last edited by kunn; 2011-07-17 at 05:45 AM.

It's ok as a stat but doesn't affect all of our DPS like the other stats do. Majority of our damage is elemental but still it is not as good as crit. I would say any mastery is ok, but crit and haste will always be better since they affect the entirety of our damage rather than just a portion.
    Correct me if im wrong but isnt auto shot the only non elemental damage we do?