Page 50 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ok first i felt sorry for this guy... but after seeing that video on first post...

Sad music
    Him saying it wasnt intended
    Him laughing in the background when it crashed

Im only giving my opinion based on that one video
    but i do think he should get some kind of punishments.

Deleted
    50 pages on, and oh look. ''Unban swifty'' vs ''He deserved it.'' with absolutely no one having any real background information on his account's previous warnings or what actually happened to get him 'pemabanned'.

Oh, and now Athene's getting PR off of this too. Though to be fair, the vid is quite hilarious.

This was definitely worth consolidating into one thread. Thanks Mod.
    Last edited by mmoc52fe769775; 2011-07-18 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I would be incredibly sad if people become inspired to play video games by watching one person teach you how to macro properly.
    Meh, who am I to judge... I'm inspired to level a Feral Druid just because I saw the awesome picture of the fire kitty.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
    I don't think they can keep him banned.

If he remains banned, Darkspear will remain unplayable.
    If they decide to ban everyone protesting in Darkspear they will lose thousands of subs.

Best thing for them to do right now is realize that a perma ban was too harsh as it wasn't his intent to crash servers and be done with it.

Either way banning swifty has already cost Blizzard dearly.
    So Blizzard should give in to the demands of what amounts to virtual terrorists holding Darkspear hostage?

How about no.

The only message that will send is that people can do the same damned thing when something else happens they don't
    like. The best course of action for Blizzard is to stick to their decision.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Deleted
    I doubt Swifty ever inspired anyone to play WoW, to play a Warrior in Arena is a different story though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    What makes this a joke is the fact that swifty got famous for his exploiting but Athene who has a chip on his shoulder over blizz to begin with says, Swifty never has done anything wrong. Are we to assume someone famous for exploits.. well yea.. WOW
    Swifty's "exploits" were never game breaking....he figured out how to make your hands glow cool colors.....and the skull of gul'dan thing was jus clever use of mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by oddf3llow View Post
    FWIW, I think the GM just wanted a high profile scalp.

I realise large scale events like this are probably a nightmare for Blizzard's tech, but people like Swifty genuinely do inspire people to play WoW with their videos.
    Yeah, Swifty makes a few bucks off the back of Blizzard's game, but it's paid back with multitudes of WoW subs.

I think they dropped the ball on this one somewhat.
    Somewhat? lol Look at the fourms and log onto darkspear it's terrible

If he is truly sorry for all the chaos he "unintentionally" caused, then why isn't he posting a video asking people to stop spamming/crashing/causing chaos right now? It seems as if his video was meant to incite a riot of people.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    50 pages on, and oh look. ''Unban swifty'' vs ''He deserved it.'' with absolutely no one having any real background information on his account's previous warnings or what actually happened to get him 'pemabanned'..
    A very good point that I hadn't even considered. For all anyone knows this was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    the king? god,im going to puke

athene isnt king of anything but knowing how to level fast,who really gives a fuck about the guy who got world first lvl 85.a worthless world first in my opinion
    That was typed with the most scarcasim I could muster.

MAN i wish i had a youtube account that could make me money tho. This could be a great wave to ride for a few more days or hours.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Intentionally crashing a realm definitely worth the ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow this is srs bizness

I hope Swifty enjoys Rift. lol.

But seriously. Like.. one of his videos was entertaining.

I hope Blizzard maintains his ban. Crashing a server once, yeah that's an accident. Twice, okay now your being stupid. Three times is malicious intent and not only Swifty but his whole guild and everyone that crashed the servers should be banned.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Somewhat? lol Look at the fourms and log onto darkspear it's terrible
    That's not Blizzard's fault. That's the fault of the assholes who think they can hold Darkspear hostage. I hope Blizzard can find a way to perma ban ever one of the jackasses causing problems.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by ALCH3MIST View Post
    I doubt Swifty ever inspired anyone to play WoW, to play a Warrior in Arena is a different story though.
    anyone who knows alot about warrior pvp already knew he sucked anyway.it was the mindless trade chat spamming retards who thought he was great

but whatever,i havent watched his pvp videos in forever.nor do i care that much about warrior pvp.i pvp alot,but its normally just trashing noobs in bgs

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Hah, I wonder if you'd be so forgiving if it was some no name getting banned.
    But apparently being famous means you're above the law/rules... just look at real celebs getting away with anything.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I understand why he got banned and I don't think it's gonna last. I think it was a knee-jerk reaction that blizzard did, more of a "the player caused the server to crash, don't know why lets act then investigate" ban then they actually looked at the situation.

It won't last.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoloco View Post
    A very good point that I hadn't even considered. For all anyone knows this was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
    Some poeple don't really care if it's a this vs. this as long as they believe in one side. But what could we talk about in here?

H. disrupt or assist in the disruption of (i) any computer used to support the Service (each a “Server”); or (ii) any other player's Game experience. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE SERVICE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME CLIENT MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.

BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY BNET ACCOUNT OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violations of this Terms of Use or the EULA.

Deleted
    Anybody noticed that when he says "no crashing servers" he has the same shirt on as the day after it happened, while during the live streaming he has a red shirt on.
    Good try though to make himself look innocent