Page 53 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why are they deleting all the topics about this on the official forums?

thats censorship man, fucking unacceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    He could had stop the stream...
    And you think that would have made a difference?"Yea, mass genocides never happened cuz I turned off my tv during the report"

Who ???

10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz View Post

Its almost like it's a private forum with a set of rules people agreed to follow!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    No one will probably read this as this thread is beeing spammed. Probably will get flamed for saying this, but as a fan of Swifty he could see this coming.

Swifty got banned, perma-banned from the game. Which is, in my own opinion, not even a greater punishment then Ensidia abusing Saronite Bombs in LK HC 25. They got a 72 hour ban, Swifty should get atleast the same. Swifty DID got an infraction before, where he used the haste-axe from Shadow Labs to own the last boss in Arcatraz within seconds.

I got suspended several times, if I do it a few times more I lost my account. It's that simple. People, how famous they are ( Amy Whinehouse, Simpson ) cannot stand above the law. If that was the case every celebrety could murder and go free.
    i kinda agree with what you're saying, i think he should have been banned, but not perma-banned. just a 48/72hour ban, perma-ban for this seems a little over the top.

Deleted

Private forums, their home, their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    This, why should you judge someone based on how they react. Like i sometimes laugh to ease up the mood of a room.
    How you follow threw when there is a problem is what matters. He chose to be cool and not bail, or kill it. Even people speaking to a highly volitile grp know there is a point where you have to change how things are being said or you will get a fevor you can't control. The situation was avoidable, he chose to save face. Woops on him
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

So to say; looking at the aftermath of Swifty's ban has caused more problems than the event itself. After reading through some posts, it looks like Darkspear isn't enjoyable at all at the moment. Would be best to un-ban Swifty to make this all stop - He didn't do anything wrong after all..
    "No, Ban-lu, I refuse to cut back on the mana buns."

Prolly because one (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2886976?page=1) is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by arcin View Post
    What about the people who were trying to do something while the server crashed? Were they laughing? Did they think it was funny to have their service interrupted while they were trying to do whatever they were doing?

Swifty did not stop the stream/mute zybak or make any attempt at all to tell his viewers to not crash the server.
    Okay let us pretend we are watching this live stream, and we are one of those lvl 1....

*Watching live steam and it all of a sudden goes away*

So at that point ALL of those lvl 1's start spamming "What happened???" "Get it back" etc etc...

It then will cause a server crash resulting in? The same exact thing

And stopping Zybak from egging them on? Zybak has a thing called free will and can do whatever he wants.

The other people on the server? Yeah I feel bad for them as well.

There is no good or bad in this, everyone was effected on the server.

And he didn't host the event, the guild did
    I have a policy about honesty and ass kicking, if you ask for it, i will give it to you

Quote Originally Posted by Julailton View Post
    Here are the facts from a livestream viewer:

On the livestream, swifty was super excited and encouraging people to crash the servers with Zybak. He simply edited the youtube video about his account being banned. If you see, the part where he said "We dont want to crash the servers" he was wearing a different color T-Shirt, despite the fact that he was wearing the same shirt throughout the whole livestream event.

It was a fake "livestream" video posted on youtube to get the very same reaction that we are seeing now.

Also, He crashed three servers. Crashed one, they moved servers. Crashed another, moved servers. Crashed another, moved servers. GM Banned him when they logged on the 4th.

I'm not a hater. But he deserved it. They can't unban him simply because he is popular, or what message does that send to other youtube heroes?
    I may be a little naive believing these facts, but I might as well.

That little cover-up is enough for me to have him go from "neutral" to "lul-worthy" in my books. :\

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    thing is, he knows he has a lot of followers and if he tells them to all log onto a certain server they are going to do it. he should have stopped the stream and left when people starting turning up in masses and spamming. instead he kept the stream running and stayed logged in there, i guess. i didnt watch the stream, but this is what it sounds like.
    I definitely agree with this.
    Last edited by lopk; 2011-07-18 at 11:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    And you think that would have made a difference?"Yea, mass genocides never happened cuz I turned off my tv during the report"
    Because he was the one that was leading the "genocide"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helander View Post
    no, but if he turned off the stream, logged out of the game, he would have nothing to do with it, just write in his chat log "this is too laggy blah blah blah w/e here" then logged out and stopped hs stream

Their forums, their rules.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The petition is almost getting 1000signs/hour!

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I can assure you, my care face is on.
    it's looking out of the bandwagon!

Because like every other topic that gets 60+ threads they want it kept in a central location.
    Talking about bans, and GM judgments and that shit is against the TOS.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh...he can stay banned for all i care..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTwist View Post
    So to say; looking at the aftermath of Swifty's ban has caused more problems than the event itself. After reading through some posts, it looks like Darkspear isn't enjoyable at all at the moment. Would be best to un-ban Swifty to make this all stop - He didn't do anything wrong after all..
    And then the next time the mob demands something, give in again? After all, the precedent would be set that disrupting servers gives you what you demand. So then all the Warriors could threaten to crash a server unless they get an insta-kill attack, then the mages, and so on.

Correct response is to ban everyone disrupting the servers, its against the TOS they agreed to follow. Swifty can work out his ban with Blizzard just like any else.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-