Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Question Are the top guilds likely to be burned out?

Do you think by now - after two weeks of hardcore raiding and really pushing for that world first kill of H-Rags - that the top guilds are burned out on the new content? By this time of the week, all guilds who have got 6/7 are likely pushing themselves on the Ragnaros fight before the reset. There are now 64 guilds who have killed H-Staghelm - though only the very top guilds will find the time to keep on raiding and grinding against that final fight.

But I'm just wondering: how many of them are totally burned out on the fight? On the instance? For the very top guilds who reached 6/7 last week, was this week better for them? Less challenging? Are they getting sick of clearing through over and over just to reach that ultimate challenge?

And next week, when they all have to clear right through again - yeah, they will be well practiced! And better geared. But - is it going to get tedious? Are we unlikely to see a kill by the end of next week? How close are the top five to getting that kill? How much energy do the players have left by the end of the week to put into a game like this?

Just some thoughts. It must be interesting being part of a world-class guild working on the biggest, baddest fight currently there. But how much of a toll does it take on each player? Do they start hallucinating and dreaming about fight minutiae...?
    For the Alliance!

it's only been 2-3 weeks. they won't be burned out yet. you got to remember, majority of the roster in those major guilds have been playing this game from the beginning, banging your head against a boss for 2 weeks is nothing to do these players compared to previous content :3

Deleted
    To answer the topic question first; I don't know so much burned out as starting to be bored...

But that's what they do. And just to get it out there; it's NOT the standard everyone should be set for! World First is all fine and dandy, but they're such a minority that in terms of overall standard, it's ridiculous to use as role model...just thought I'd say that...

As for the other questions, that's only something they themselves can answer...

With the present fire theme, I can't help but feel like the title here was intended to be a rather bad pun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkR View Post
    With the present fire theme, I can't help but feel like the title here was intended to be a rather bad pun.
    It took me reading your post to catch that.

It depends on how the fight is setup, IMHO. I don't know much about it, but if it is buggy as hell, has lots of RNG, and punishes melee than chances are they are going to be pretty pissed off at it before long. If it's an actual really hard, well-balanced encounter that just needs a little more gear than they are probably enjoying the challenge and as it's a rather iconic boss with awesome as hell rewards. But these people are used to raiding a ton with new content and that includes wiping over and over and over again....as much as I love raiding that would make me vomit after this damn long.

Deleted
    Obviously only they can answer that but I would assume they are far from burnt out. 2-3 weeks is nothing compared to how long some previous tiers have lasted. Furthermore people from Paragon have posted on these boards talking about how much they enjoy H Rag, you gotta remember these guys wouldn't be in the guilds that they are in if they didn't enjoy doing extremely challenging bosses like this. It's why they play the game, I don't think 2 weeks is enough to ruin that for them.

Deleted
    It's just one fight that is undefeated, compared to for instance the larger amount of such bosses during tier 11 progress. It's not like they will be banging their head on it 24/7 if there's no progress to be made. If they are progressing then that will keep them motivated. If they feel stuck, they will just make sure that they are doing everything properly and take it week by week with more gear updates and slightly better attempts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look up one of lores weekly marmots for more information, the title should be something to do with hardcore raiders. But to sum up what he said about them, Hardcore raiders like the top 10-100+ guilds, work by grinding through the content as quickly as possible, and 2 weeks is nothing compared to how long some content can take, once they have the content cleared they pretty much raid less than most casual raiders as they only need to raid once a week to down their boss's quickly and then have the rest of the week off. so no, I don't think they even can get burned out, as they are just too used to raiding.

By that I mean no entire guilds gonna get burned out by this content, a person here or there might but that always happens and always will.
    Last edited by Anakso; 2011-07-19 at 11:55 AM.

you only feel burned out when u arent making progress. constantly kicking ass is very rewarding.

Deleted
    they got burned out farming it on the PTR.

they re not doing it for fun = cannot get burned out that way
    they are not doing it for loot = cannot get burned out that way
    they are doing it to be the first people who did in the WORLD. = they will not get burnt out until either they or someone else achieves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    they got burned out farming it on the PTR
    Noone farmed anything on the PTR.

A few bosses were up each week, for 2 days and 1-2 hours per boss. After that they despawned them.

Please stop spouting nonsense.

With close to 70 guilds now 6/7, I wouldn't be surprised if blizzard nerfed the encounter since the difficulty is far beyond the 6 previous bosses. This will be sad for the guilds that have been hardcore raiding on it for 2 weeks.

Top guilds function on a very stressful 2-3 weeks of intense hardcore progression which is rewarded by top rankings and stuff.
    After that they do full clear farms easy for the next few months.

People burn out when they bang their heads on the same boss for a long long time and others have already progressed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    it's only been 2-3 weeks. they won't be burned out yet. you got to remember, majority of the roster in those major guilds have been playing this game from the beginning, banging your head against a boss for 2 weeks is nothing to do these players compared to previous content :3
    Oh I remember 2 months worth of wiping in c'thun...
    Still always you had somewhere ahead to look for eh? now it is pretty much H rag down and then wait for 5-6 months till next patch.

When no one has done it yet, the exclusivity pushes you on. If say a thousand guilds have already done it and you're still stuck, then the burning out process begins

Also keep in mind that the most progressed guilds often have lots of downtime before a new tier opens up so they're pretty fresh going into it. A typical cycle is that they kill themselves on new content for a few weeks or a month, but quickly have it down to a one or two night farm. They then have five or six nights off per week for an extended period, with the main raiders maybe even taking weeks off to let others gear up. Then, when new content comes out, they spend whatever time they can on the PTR, followed by a few weeks of very, very intense work when the patch goes live.

The cycle then repeats itself as they soon have everything on farm and are back to only raiding one or two nights per week.

True. To be frank, that's the most efficient way of raiding. Completely wipes the stereotype that hardcore high progression guilds have no lifers. Most of them probably spend less time in the game than the rest who continue to wipe.

Deleted
    Method didn't raid yesterday I heard. Maybe they really are burned out?

Quote Originally Posted by junialum View Post
    True. To be frank, that's the most efficient way of raiding. Completely wipes the stereotype that hardcore high progression guilds have no lifers. Most of them probably spend less time in the game than the rest who continue to wipe.
    I seriously doubt that.. If you grow accustomed to spending every night playing WoW then it's more likely that they would still play even if it's not to progress in content. Alts, PVP, AH farming, etc..