Max damage reduction distance: Molten Seeds?

Anyone know what the maximum distance (if any) is for reducing damage from the molten inferno spell cast by molten seeds on the normal ragnaros encounter?

Not sure which damage hit you are referring to there -

The initial spawn damage is about 6 yards, and my raid runs about 20 yards to avoid the 'hatching' damage, both on 10 and 25.

the damage when they explode (molten inferno), is there a maximum damage reduction you can get and if so what is the range for it.

With 15% reduction I was never getting hit for less than 8000 and I don't know if that included any resistances. Pretty sure it can't get any lower than that, so assume ~60k damage total, maybe 75k?

We just split the raid on the left / right and leave the middle clear (theres a dividing line on the floor with a semi-circle), then group in the middle on a mark, pop barrier or rallying, pewpew.

Can i confirm that there is no damage incurred if someone run past the molten seed on ground during the call for stack?

- you can run through the seeds after they spawns, there's no damage involved (only when they 'land' they splash on impact)
    - Seed damage is minimized at 20 yards range, afaik.

Deleted
    Molten Inferno has unlimited range. If you stand near the entrance of the raid instance while the encounter runs, you will get hit by the fire damage.

The damage is calculated with an exponential function, meaning there is no minimal damage to be taken. The damage taken approaches zero the further away you stand, but never reaches it.

If you stack your raid ~20 yards away from the closest seed and run raid saves the damage is quite healable. If you dps is solid you should only get three sets of seeds; if dps is slow you will get four.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    We just split the raid on the left / right and leave the middle clear (theres a dividing line on the floor with a semi-circle), then group in the middle on a mark, pop barrier or rallying, pewpew.

winner...!

For some reason my healers believe that doing a left to right movement decreases damage as compared to the usual left/right to middle. You can see that in the Raggy kill video in my sig if you like. We just go left > right and back to left.