Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    ... everyone from Thrall down to the kid selling train sets in the canals ....
    Isnt that a Gnome? :O

personally i am sick of thrall aswell......

/yuck
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    patata, potatoe. They are the same

OT: I like Thrall and all, but yeah... Too much of him, like many said, the other lore characters need more spotlight.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Maybe you should go play Warcraft III.
    I did play Warcraft III. In fact, I still play it. Thrall has done nothing. Do you really think it's difficult to lead a bunch of misfits around the world? Hardly.

Yes, yes it is.

Deleted
    Look I dunno who sold me this train set, Kid, Gnome, Tauren. I was pissed at the time and he clearly knew a sucker when he saw one.

Didn't think I would get a response, much more an intelligent response. Still Thrall's name does not make me excited to play this game. I understand he's that last ray of hope in Metzen's eyes for the franchise but do you honestly expect people to care about a guy sitting on a rock literally watching the World being Flushed down the tubes. He hasn't done anything worth remembering this whole Wow franchise. Varian killed Onyxia, Lildrin and Velen helped defeat Kil'jaeden, Tirion and Bolvar stopped the Lich King.

I know they think forcing him down everyone's throat early will build suspense for when he actually does something but even if he does whip up an Army of Elementals it just seems to little too little too late storywise.

Second I think the guy on the cover of the box should get more facetime in my opinion. I don't think anyone really cares about the main villian of the expansion like the did for Arthas and Illidan.

So do people want to see more of Thrall and less of everyone else or is this all Metzen? What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly quite annoyed that the Earhten Ring has absolutely no presence in the Firelands.

They'll help with the realms of earth and water, but not the realm of fire? Bah.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I want to see less of Thrall and never see Tirion again. Or Varian. Or Malfurion. Or Velen. Or hell, most of the lore characters. They're all obnoxious and mostly self-righteous. The only one I can semi-tolerate is Garrosh because he's actually doing stuff for the Horde, unlike Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Magivante View Post
    I did play Warcraft III. In fact, I still play it. Thrall has done nothing. Do you really think it's difficult to lead a bunch of misfits around the world? Hardly.

Yes, yes it is.
    Lemmmme get this straight you think it's easy to be a leader, and not just any leader but a leader of two of the biggest factions in the game, not to mention the fact that thrall saved the planet at least once. Saying it's easy to be thrall is like saying it's easy to be the president of the U.S. (almost).

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 06:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Didn't think I would get a response, much more an intelligent response. Still Thrall's name does not make me excited to play this game. I understand he's that last ray of hope in Metzen's eyes for the franchise but do you honestly expect people to care about a guy sitting on a rock literally watching the World being Flushed down the tubes. He hasn't done anything worth remembering this whole Wow franchise. Varian killed Onyxia, Lildrin and Velen helped defeat Kil'jaeden, Tirion and Bolvar stopped the Lich King.

I know they think forcing him down everyone's throat early will build suspense for when he actually does something but even if he does whip up an Army of Elementals it just seems to little too little too late storywise.

Second I think the guy on the cover of the box should get more facetime in my opinion. I don't think anyone really cares about the main villian of the expansion like the did for Arthas and Illidan.

So do people want to see more of Thrall and less of everyone else or is this all Metzen? What do you think?
    3/4 of the people who played in BC had no clue who illidan was until you actually got into BT to see him, noone knew why he was some big baddie or anything unless you actually played WCIII.

Then again thrall has done absolutely nothing, you know helping free the orcs from the blood curse, founding of orgrimmar, helping kill archimonde, trying to keep the horde together without an all out war happening, and we should totally forget entirely about his work with the maelstrom.
    Last edited by xile; 2011-07-20 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Lemmmme get this straight you think it's easy to be a leader, and not just any leader but a leader of two of the biggest factions in the game, not to mention the fact that thrall saved the planet at least once. Saying it's easy to be thrall is like saying it's easy to be the president of the U.S. (almost).
    George Bush.

That's all I really need to say to win this argument.

I feel like this person wants more of that foxblood character knaak brought into the game... Big lore characters should be seen less is what I am getting? Thall is the Tirion of this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    As i recall, people complained about this endlessly because he basically had 0 presence throughout the expansion until you got to Black Temple.

I do agree however that there was too much emphasis on Thrall over Malf when he shouldve had more presence - in this trailer at least.
    I actually liked it the way it was. Illidan appeared maybe 2 or 3 times outside of BT during the whole TBC questing experience (I recall one at the end of Netherwing, and one at the battle you get the fancy tabard from, the 3rd I'm trying to remember...) and his appearances were great. Pathaleon the calculator appeared a couple of times too, to yell at you for ruining his plans or some such.

But Arthas... Arthas was ridiculous. He appeared in Northrend after EVERY quest line, shouting "Mwahahaha I will get you... Later" like a cartoon villain stolen from a Cartoon Network show. He was only lacking the hand-rubbing and snickering.

I rather Thrall wouldn't appear at all really. Let him settle down somewhere with his ugly orc-lady and disappear from all our minds. The Firelands trailer should've been Malorne and the other ancients charing head-first into a horde of fire elementals. 5 minutes of fighting, at the end Malfurion says something dramatic, ragnaros goes all "Mwahaha" and the shiny "Rage of the Firelands" logo comes up on a black screen.

Thrall is really a huge focus in this expansion for some reason...although he's one of my favorite characters, I think Malfurion should have the lead role. But with that being said, the book "Thrall" by Christie Golden is really actually quite good. =]

George Bush.

so you're argument is what... that george bush wasn't that great of a president therefore it is an easy job? wait... theres an argument there? being a leader means no matter what you do youre goign to end up pissing of tons of people, nothing you ever do will please everyone and youre blamed for everything. Heck all you gotta do is look at any persons pre and after pictures of them being in a leader position and see how the stress effects them physically and mentally.
    Last edited by xile; 2011-07-20 at 06:33 AM.

George Bush.

This is invalid. George bush received a lot of shit. Its easier to be a person that a lot of people like instead of a person that a lot of people hate/dislike.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 06:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    so you're argument is what... that george bush wasn't that great of a president therefore it is an easy job? wait... theres an argument there?
    There isnt =P. If anything George Bush had it somewhat tough. On topic though. I for one like seeing Thrall. Varian had his own comic book line soooooo Yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    This is invalid. George bush received a lot of shit. Its easier to be a person that a lot of people like instead of a person that a lot of people hate/dislike.
    What? And how is that invalid? He was a terrible president who did nothing for this country, just like Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    I feel like this person wants more of that foxblood character knaak brought into the game...
    Better skip RAK's Varian book. Rumor mill says Lucan will become a Worgen as a sort of way to justify him being a goddamn HUMAN DRUID.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    I play Horde and Alliance and quite frankly I had it with all the Thrall crap. Yes he's the Hero of the expansion, yeah he led the Horde big FRIGGIN WHOOP! He's in every questline and on every poster. I'm sick of seeing this guy's face. Next he's gonna be on cereal boxes.

They saved Illidan's face in the game for the intro and as a final boss in an epic raid. Arthas was the bad guy who always showed up when heroes died or to gloat over a victory. We see thrall in this new quest that he wants to settle down and get married, and in an intro to the Firelands, A Raid that he isn't even in nor does he do JACK in any of the quest lines. Nada, Zip, the HIPPIE WENT HOME! If anything Malfurion the guy on the frontlines is almost ignored.

So why do we have to hear about a guy praying to a Giant Toliet while the rest of the world is actually doing something!

Lore rage over, comence trolling.
    He's trying to fix the rift between Azeroth and the Elemental plane that Deathwing roflstomped. But you're right. He isn't doing anything but sitting on his ass. Also, calm down. You act like you're actually in azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    He's trying to fix the rift between Azeroth and the Elemental plane that Deathwing roflstomped. But you're right. He isn't doing anything but sitting on his ass. Also, calm down. You act like you're actually in azeroth.
    Characters don't really move in real time during the game. Malfurion is just sitting around, as is almost every other faction leader and major lore character in game. We don't really have dynamic events where people are out saving the world constantly in WoW.

What? And how is that invalid? He was a terrible president who did nothing for this country, just like Obama.
    doesnt make his job easy? It makes his job filled with stress and pressure. I can understand if what you said was "He was a bad president" but you said "His job was easy."