10+ Year Old Account
    Cannot wait for this game, biggest worry is what the latency will be like from Australia to their servers. it looks like having a higher latency will be a pretty bad disadvantage.

EDIT: #4000

Deleted
    some cute GW2 cartoons if you are bored :P

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...ix-t10343.html

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    aww, we're off page 200 now

Deleted

Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2011-07-22 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    some cute GW2 cartoons if you are bored :P

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...ix-t10343.html
    Those are awful :|

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Those are awful :|
    Yup not worth a read

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Yup not worth a read
    Woah, I stopped at number 25...

Quote Originally Posted by Daelos View Post
    I'm afraid you will be disappoint. I think ArenaNet said on some recent interview that they hope to get beta going this year, so definately no release in 2011. I'm hoping for spring 2012 release..
    They have said closed beta in the second half of this year - so for all we know it could already be happening. They've also said open beta will be more like a brief preview, and release will be very soon after. I'd say a release this year is still possible, although am trying not to get my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylenas
    Cannot wait for this game, biggest worry is what the latency will be like from Australia to their servers. it looks like having a higher latency will be a pretty bad disadvantage.

They've said they want to minimise this, which is why they don't plan on having interrupts, for example. That said, if we need to be moving a lot to avoid stuff I can see it still being a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    so nobody knows if its wasd movement?
    I played the demo at gamescom last year and... god does my memory suck... I do believe it was wsad movement, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chroniko View Post
    I played the demo at gamescom last year and... god does my memory suck... I do believe it was wsad movement, yes.
    I was thinking of going to Gamescom this year, but then I realised it would be smarter to (instead of going to Germany) wait until the Eurogamer expo in London which is gonna' be local to me.

Anyone else going to Eurogamer? Be nice to meet some others from MMOC then go check out the game. Book early, its gonna' sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    All they have said is that their plan is for a closed beta before the end of the year, not the second half.

NCSoft chief financial officer Jaeho Lee has announced that “Guild Wars 2 will go into beta testing stage in the second half of this year,”

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/18/gu...elease-likely/
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

My point was, second half of this year could mean right now - > 31st December. We just don't know.

All they have said is that their plan is for a closed beta before the end of the year, not the second half.
    Woopidoo, those two COMPLETELY different statements mean so many different THINGS!
    Oh wait, it's just Maklor trying to be "right" as always, your attitude is quite annoying.

Anyway, to get back on the Comic-con topic: I doubt we, the lurking fans, will get anything from the convention, as many has said before me. Hardcore fans might be disappointed, I am one, but still see why we won't get that much new info. Realize that comic-con isn't a gaming convention.

Something that dawned on me...only 10 useable skills at a time, don't need to be targeting enemies to hit them, would it be possible then to play GW2 with a console controller?

You can't deny that wouldn't be awesome

Don't see it releasing before Q1 2012 honestly.

Here's to having a beta announcement next month though. *crosses fingers*

Actually it's my fear that they would make console versions.
    Theres a difference between useing a controller on a computer and playing a console. I dont think they will make a console version.

Ability to use console controllers could be added in later by arenanet or some random on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Theres a difference between useing a controller on a computer and playing a console. I dont think they will make a console version.

Ability to use console controllers could be added in later by arenanet or some random on the internet
    With XB controllers working with Windows machines, I really don't think it's a far stretch. Although by using a remote you're missing out on some skills unless you remap some directional keys or the analog clicks

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    With XB controllers working with Windows machines, I really don't think it's a far stretch. Although by using a remote you're missing out on some skills unless you remap some directional keys or the analog clicks
    I think for wow people could use the triggers or bumper or whatever there called has alt keys so i dont think you would have to miss out on much

Use the ignore user option as I just did with you

I understand that, but as i said the statement from the developer was that they were aiming for a closed beta before the end of the year which would indicate pretty late in the year... also we discussed this way back several times (when that video was released - I think it was on that German GW fansite that I can't recall the name of right now).
    I won't ignore users because that can stall discussion. Can't believe no one pointed him out before on being a complete dickwad. Oh well, let him live in his bubble where he is always right.

EDIT: Having a 360-controller would actually be pretty awesome I think... That's a really good suggestion that someone should bring to ArenaNet's attention!